Rambo: Don't Miss It!

I suspect that the true majority of fans are somewhat indifferent to the 'ships'. Up until 2 years ago I didn't really care who was with who; but once they got Grissom and Sara together I have been rooting for them.
Although DR is known on the CSI boards for his writing of GSR scenes, he certainly has done many great CSI episodes that were GSR neutral. I loved 'Who Shot Sherlock' and 'The Theory of Everything' and 'Bull'. CSI is his first TV venture and I think the show has benefitted from his theatre background.
I also think it is gracious of him to take the time to talk to and email and acknowledge the fans. And yes, he probably prefers the proGSRers; who doesn't prefer positive feedback in their jobs?

I suspect your viewpoint is most representative of the majority of CSI viewers--the ones who tune in every week or even just now and then for the good stories and the interesting characters. I think it's good to keep in perspective that message boards do attract the most passionate fans and while the writers of course appreciate their feedback, they know they can't cater to them alone.

In the end, it's your imagination that wins over when you are deciding a character's fate. You want to please the fans, but sometime you can't can't.

Feedback, however negative, is important because while you can't always keep the fans happy, you do have to keep them hooked and so if that means that certain characters have a large fan base, you do need to keep that in mind-but that doesn't mean you go all out and centre the show around them either because for each fanbase, there's another vying for the attention.

But when you sit down and write the story, you go into the character's heads and start think of how or what they would say and then you wonder if it fits with the storyline and then decide whether to add that character in or not. It depends on the case and who you feel which CSI would be the best one suited to handle it.

David Rambo, in my opinion, has written some okay shows. He's not my favourite writer because of GSR-he definitely fell out of favour with me after Butterflied.

I suspect that the true majority of fans are somewhat indifferent to the 'ships'. Up until 2 years ago I didn't really care who was with who; but once they got Grissom and Sara together I have been rooting for them.
Although DR is known on the CSI boards for his writing of GSR scenes, he certainly has done many great CSI episodes that were GSR neutral. I loved 'Who Shot Sherlock' and 'The Theory of Everything' and 'Bull'. CSI is his first TV venture and I think the show has benefitted from his theatre background.
I also think it is gracious of him to take the time to talk to and email and acknowledge the fans. And yes, he probably prefers the proGSRers; who doesn't prefer positive feedback in their jobs?

drinks.gif
exactly he's written some other fantastic episodes as well, the thing is that Carol Mendelsohn, Naren Shankar and Danny Cannon and other writers are all behind this continuing story line, not to mention the star and exec. producer William Petersen and are all on this band wagon not just DR. If it didn't fly then big bye-bye. And big kudos to him for taking the time to do this great interview with, I might add one of our own fans here on the files PiperGrissom, what if you had an interview with whoever is your favorite writer and fans dice and bashed the whole enchilada, would that make you happy? and I think of this, what if the writers sneak in and read all the views of the naysayers, do you think they'd be satisfied & happy with the comments, and if certain fans "don't care" then well, nothing to add on this scenerio:confused:

Last edited:
desertwind, I think if I were writing CSI, each character would get a balance of screentime and storytime

CSI is the worst for that, the worst show on tv for character balance and storyline balance. The absolute worse.

desertwind, I think if I were writing CSI, each character would get a balance of screentime and storytime

CSI is the worst for that, the worst show on tv for character balance and storyline balance. The absolute worse.

LOL I actuarly agree with you there, some characters arent even really dealt with. But saying that there must be something there doing right, cause we keep on going back for more every season.

Back