Rambo: Don't Miss It!

I think all he is saying is that the writers try to write the characters 'in-character' and allow them to evolve naturally and believably. The executive producers determine what storylines are developed, and the actors also have a say in how it is done. There have been a number of storylines over the years that have just been dropped, so I am glad to see them at least bring one storyline to a hopefully happy resolution.

As for Lady Heather, I wish Grissom would just talk to Brass or Catherine. I miss the office talks between Grissom and Brass over a bottle of scotch. And in the past he has talked to Catherine about Sara. But I guess these scenarios aren't 'provocative' enough.

DAVID RAMBO

Well, he didn't ask me, so he didn't get an accurate total, in my humble opinion! :lol:

I don't care how many fans like it or don't like it, they aren't going to put something in the show just for the fans. He said as much when he admitted that he writes the characters as he feels they develop.

I don't like it, but I don't disagree with it either.

ROFL, love that Smokey. "He didn't ask me".

He didn't ask me either, for that matter...

ITA with Smokey and Drumchik. It's a tv show catering to a vast audience, trying to please everyone is not an easy task; and more often than not there are non GSR fans. Thought he didn't ask me either. :lol:

I could take a poll at my job and 100% don't like GSR and can't wait for the 10th ep when it's gone. So that just goes to prove that being overly vocal isn't going to get anyone anywhere it's up to the writers and how they feel it needs to go.

I like the characters of Sara and Grissom but come on lets get it over with. Things cant be that plain sailing if Grissom tells everything to Lady H!!! Lady H and Grissom are/were/lovers.

I'm not a GSR and he never asked me lol- he didnt even reply to my email asking for more greg time...

One ship isnt better than the other- just maybe louder!

What's a bit mystifying is that ..for me.. as a long time fan of CSI, if I found something so distasteful, and disturbing, that turned me off, I would have abslotuely no interest in discusssing or saying anything about it at all, I don't care to talk about something I can't stand, rather chat about things that do interest me:confused: and once again to the girls that nailed the interview with Rambo, to think he writes and is with all these fabulous stars on a daily basis, so impressive, so wonderful, good job! next on your list William Petersen, can you imagine sitting talking to him with those sexy blue eyes looking at you:drool: call me when you have that one, and I'll be there:) here's a list from an entertainment site, not a GSR site about the "top couples' on TV~ GSR are #3!

STARPULSE ENTERTAINMENT NEWS BLOG

Last edited:
What's a bit mystifying is that ..for me.. as a long time fan of CSI, if I found something so distasteful, and disturbing, that turned me off, I would have abslotuely no interest in discusssing or saying anything about it at all, I don't care to talk about something I can't stand, rather chat about things that do interest me:confused: and once again to the girls that nailed the interview with Rambo, to think he writes and is with all these fabulous stars on a daily basis, so impressive, so wonderful, good job! next on your list William Petersen, can you imagine sitting talking to him with those sexy blue eyes looking at you:drool: call me when you have that one, and I'll be there:) here's a list from an entertainment site, not a GSR site about the "top couples' on TV~

WellNow. Obviously, GSr is very provocative, otherwise it wouldn't be talked about so much. Is it as popular as some people think it is, That's debatable. It's been outlined in the thread that GSr Shippers are quite vocal, and that they can be rather arrogant to the point it gets on some of the non-GSr Shippers' nerves.

Also, David Rambo is a Pro-GSr writer. So, many of the pro GSr fans will write to him, simply because they know he's a fellow GSr person. He's not a show runner or executive producer, so it's unclear how much power he has with that. I'd imagine some people who don't like GSr wouldn't be bothered with writing to him, because of that fact. Also, note that all he said was he gets more Pro GSr mail than Anti GSr mail; he didn't say that the response was overwhelming.

Also, while we're talking about popularity, I found something from TV Guide about the Top 10 Most Annoying Couples on TV, and guess who made number 9...That's right, GSr.

I can't find the actual article, as apparently that was only in the print version of the magazine, but there are several references to it in TV Blogs and newspaper articles online.

http://www.celebamour.com/2008/08/21/tvs-most-annoying-couples/

I have my own issues with the pairing, but this isn't shipper central, and there's a thread there if anyone cares to read my thoughts on that, so I'll hold off on sharing those here. Let's just say I'll be glad once the tenth episode has come and gone, and we can move away from it.

Well, he didn't ask me, so he didn't get an accurate total, in my humble opinion! :lol:

I don't care how many fans like it or don't like it, they aren't going to put something in the show just for the fans. He said as much when he admitted that he writes the characters as he feels they develop.

I don't like it, but I don't disagree with it either.

ROFL, love that Smokey. "He didn't ask me".

He didn't ask me either, for that matter...

ITA with Smokey and Drumchik. It's a tv show catering to a vast audience, trying to please everyone is not an easy task; and more often than not there are non GSR fans. Thought he didn't ask me either. :lol:

I could take a poll at my job and 100% don't like GSR and can't wait for the 10th ep when it's gone. So that just goes to prove that being overly vocal isn't going to get anyone anywhere it's up to the writers and how they feel it needs to go.

I agree with this post. He didn's ask me either and if he did I would have said less GSR please and more Greg. I honestly do now know anyone in RL that likes GSR. You are right Shytownmofo - this is not a shipper thread. So moving on - I am looking forward to LH being on a show. I always enjoyed her interaction with Grissom.

What's a bit mystifying is that ..for me.. as a long time fan of CSI, if I found something so distasteful, and disturbing, that turned me off, I would have abslotuely no interest in discusssing or saying anything about it at all, I don't care to talk about something I can't stand, rather chat about things that do interest me:confused: and once again to the girls that nailed the interview with Rambo, to think he writes and is with all these fabulous stars on a daily basis, so impressive, so wonderful, good job! next on your list William Petersen, can you imagine sitting talking to him with those sexy blue eyes looking at you:drool: call me when you have that one, and I'll be there:) here's a list from an entertainment site, not a GSR site about the "top couples' on TV~ GSR are #3!

It's not listing the "top couples". It is merely lising the most memorable ones and this particular sites favorites. It's a blog and doesn't represent everyone.

This is what it says on page one of the slideshow:

These couples are no longer on TV, but they've left lasting memories among viewers who shared the highs and lows of their relationships. Check out our slideshow of some of our favorite couples who are definitely gone but certainly not forgotten:

And where does it say "top couples"? No where I see. GSR is not on TV anymore, will be for a couple of episodes and then it'll be gone again. Yay!

Never has a word been more overused when describing a popular relationship than the word "canon". I laugh everytime I see it in someone's post, whether it be here or for another TV show's love-struck pairing. :lol:

Excerpt from the Rambo interview:

Do the producers have an idea about what they want for a season, then tell the writers to write it, or is it more of a joint effort?

Rambo- It's a directed joint effort. Carol Mendelsohn and Naren Shankar are very generous showrunners and excellent listeners. They generally discuss the tone and shape of the season together first, then share their thoughts with us and allow everyone to pitch in as things evolve.

I wonder if it has occurred to any of the producers/writers to think up something interesting for Greg this season, like say, a promotion? Or something else that might interest Greg fans? Nah, probably not.

When I like something, I'm content to just discuss it with friends who are also interested in it and have fun with them. I don't go to places where I don't belong to and shove it down people's throats. I especially don't go to threads that are clearly not for me and tell people they're wrong for liking something I dislike and preach my likings to them repeatedly. :p

As for who is the majority, I don't think anyone can claim that until they do a worldwide survey. Even then, I don't think a lot of fans would care to take it. Even David Rambo didn't say GSR fans are the majority. He just stated that he had received more pro-GSR comments than anti-GSR ones. But then again, as people have already said, why would anti-GSR people bother to waste their time on writing to a pro-GSR writer who doesn't seem to care for what non-GSR fans think?

There's one thing I agree with, though. I believe TPTB should do whatever they think is best for their show and not be influenced by the fans. If they truly think GSR is good for the show, fine, go ahead, but unfortunately, despite it's hard to please everyone, it seems they failed to make it believable to a very large part of the fanbase.

Last edited:
Guys, can we please keep it civil in here? Agree or disagree with Rambo's statements all you like, or critique his professional work--that's all fine. But stuff like this:

I wouldn't waste my stationary on that egotistic fool.
LaSquisita

really isn't necessary. Let's keep it polite. Thanks.

Well I as a fan of the show I did email him to ask for more Greg time.

I treat all ships with respect~ I said in the email (during the strike i think, or earlier this year?), that I'm a "LOVE" fan. As of yet im waiting a reply.

~Even if I dont get a reply I sent one anyways.

I suspect that the true majority of fans are somewhat indifferent to the 'ships'. Up until 2 years ago I didn't really care who was with who; but once they got Grissom and Sara together I have been rooting for them.
Although DR is known on the CSI boards for his writing of GSR scenes, he certainly has done many great CSI episodes that were GSR neutral. I loved 'Who Shot Sherlock' and 'The Theory of Everything' and 'Bull'. CSI is his first TV venture and I think the show has benefitted from his theatre background.
I also think it is gracious of him to take the time to talk to and email and acknowledge the fans. And yes, he probably prefers the proGSRers; who doesn't prefer positive feedback in their jobs?

Although DR is known on the CSI boards for his writing of GSR scenes, he certainly has done many great CSI episodes that were GSR neutral. I loved 'Who Shot Sherlock' and 'The Theory of Everything' and 'Bull'. CSI is his first TV venture and I think the show has benefitted from his theatre background.

I can see where you are coming from with this side. I'm not much of a shipper so to have it all over in threads is what annoys me. He tries to be netural but sometimes the glory takes over and some parts do get lost.

I also think it is gracious of him to take the time to talk to and email and acknowledge the fans. And yes, he probably prefers the proGSRers; who doesn't prefer positive feedback in their jobs?

Sometimes negative feedback is just as helpful as positive. Negative can inspire something to happen or help someone to improve. It's all how the person takes it and I think that he could use it to his advantage. Plus the threatre is a place full of positive and negative, each has it's place and helps to improve.

I suspect that the true majority of fans are somewhat indifferent to the 'ships'. Up until 2 years ago I didn't really care who was with who; but once they got Grissom and Sara together I have been rooting for them.

I suspect your viewpoint is most representative of the majority of CSI viewers--the ones who tune in every week or even just now and then for the good stories and the interesting characters. I think it's good to keep in perspective that message boards do attract the most passionate fans and while the writers of course appreciate their feedback, they know they can't cater to them alone.

Back