Raising Caine - Episode #613 **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Wyoming, Jan 11, 2008.

1. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Well one can hope that they would have backed off the Super H image for a bit, and gone back to the roots that made the show famous to begin with.

I for one don't care for how they are making H look. And this ep sealed the fact that he doesn't do much anymore, he has people do it for him. Back in Seasons 2 and 3 he was in the pba doing work, going though cars himself. Now he sends Frank to check the car and makes Ryan or Delko test his evidence.

2. doublehelix

doublehelix Police Officer

There was a few things I did not like about this episode. I did not like the actual reunion scene of H and his ex. I thought that could have been done better.
    The epi in general had a strange, sort of rushed flow to it.
    Elizabeth Berkley's acting left something to be desired. She's got 5 more episodes to improve so I'll comment on more on that later.
    I also thought the photography was strange is some scenes. There seemed to be a blur or 'fuzz' over some scenes.
    However, I DID LIKE THE ENDING! THE SCENE OF THE CAR SLOWLY DISAPPEARING UNDER THE WATER WAS VERY COOL IN AN EVIL WAY! :devil: :devil:
    Another thing I liked was the way you were left hanging about Tripp. Nobody seemed to know where he was. Could be nothing. Anyone think that the entire team could made targets?

3. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

From the Spoiler Lab:

4. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

Well worth the wait; I agree that the 3 of them work well and I hope they show more 'family' scenes of this dysfunctional family unit. Poor H-he did show more emotion but also showed his intelligence by not letting Julia play head games with him.Loved that Kyle choses the sports car..hmm I mean MOM over H-typical teenager...

5. tranceraver69

tranceraver69 Hit and Run

-coments- awesome ep but i agree should of been more science than just drama. i wish they would of found that kyle's mother was the brains of it all. this stupid writers strike is pissing me off and i know its pissing everyone else off as we'll. just watch. there going to come to an agreement. cause everyone in the U.S is all pissed off because of this stupid shit. so anyone know when the next ep is coming out lol ?

6. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Oh my God, I can't keep watching this. I can't. Watching Caruso and Berkley together... IT HURTS SO MUCH! Who the hell decided to put them together? It's like some cruel joke. Her scene with Kyle, she looked and acted like a pedophile trying to get herself some teenage meat. Gross. Of course it doesn't help that half the time Horatio looks like a pedophile himself. Ugh. Watching them "flirt" or whatever the hell they were doing, with him looking at her boobs THE WHOLE FREAKING TIME and her acting like a seductress vampire was just... if every atom in the universe were a pixel that could be turned either on or off to collectively form an image, it would still not be enough pixels to form enough roll-eyes to express what an utter and complete embarrassment that was.

If I were Kyle I would run as far away from those creeps as possible and just take my chances joining a ring of Hungarian prostitutes. He has no hope with those genes. He should at least let nature repair some of the damage.

Also, I love how he was able to drive that car away in the end even though he's barely 16 and has been in jail for months therefore there's no way in hell that he would be able to drive a car. Oh, CSI: Miami. Whatever will we do without your senseless poppycock?

7. laneangel

laneangel Victim

Ok so much to say about this amazing episode!!!
    Where the hell was Ryan ?
    The episode was to damn short
    They shouldn't made such emotional episode like this too much or they'll be no more water left in my body
    I cried so much when Kyle called H dad !! that kid is an amazing actor !!! OK that was so teen to choose the billionaire mom over the sole cop dad i'm sure he would've choose him if he knew that his dad is the only one human being to get out scar free of a burning hummer :D :D

I'm gonna hate some more evil julia with you guys because if she did something to frank !! I just can't wait to see how H is gonna deal with her i'm pretty much sure that He is not gonna shoot her like his other nemesis well because he never killed a woman before and she's his son's mother
    i support the writers strike but i'm a little pissed of

8. Megamel

Megamel Victim

I want to know what happened to Mrs Newberry's son. And I want to know why it was so necessary to kill her when she was already leaving town, and Kyle would be off the hook anyway. I also want to know who actually taped her to her car and pushed her in the water.

Edit: I missed words. Oy.

9. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

Who knows what happened to her but it goes to show, that while it may seem unrealstic in some parts, there are mothers that do what Julia do or something similiar, the instinct to protect one's child can push a person to do unthinkable things.

10. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Hey all! This episode was interesting - I like the way they introduced Julia - kind of made you feel bad for her at first. In the beginning she seemed somewhat normal, but in that jail cell w/Kyle - ummm... that was a little creepy.

I think Evan Ellingson is fantastic in this role - he even looks like H! He and H have great chemistry, and it was cool that he picked up on the fact that his dad was upset - personally, I rarely can tell how H is feeling b/c he always gives that same look.

OK... so anybody think it was weird that Calleigh was all "Julia's guilty"? I mean, that scene w/her and Eric - since when does Calleigh jump to conclusions like that? She's always by-the-book and lets the evidence speak for itself. I think it may have come across weird b/c they cut the scene where Julia asks Calleigh about where she can file custody papers - I bet Cal got a real good read on Julia - Cal's got good instincts. But since we never saw her interact w/Julia (or, for the 29th episode in a row, Horatio :mad:), it just came off as Calleigh being judgemental for no reason.

I liked how everyone on the team was talking about Kyle and his trial, but it was weird that the team wasn't "more together" - I can't say it enough - I miss the camaraderie. Characters "disappear" for entire acts, and then they pop up again - half the episode I was like, "where's Ryan?" I knew this was going to be an "H" show, but c'mon, get the team involved a little more please!

Oh, and I really thought Alexx's car accident was going to come into play somewhere, but it never paid off.

Tripp is missing?? I missed that part. But the ending - the way they edited it - was freakin' awesome! That poor woman! First Kyle kidnaps her and now I'm betting his mother has essentially offed her. I definitely thought of Calleigh in "Going Under" when I saw that scene!

OK - so how cool would it be if the team was targeted by Julia? Personally, I'd love to see it be Cal b/c she seemed so against Julia and I bet she could square off against this "biotch."

As for H - man, what did you ever see in her? She's psycho!

If this is the last ep. of Season 6 I'm gonna be really sad - I wanna see what happens to poor Kyle! That poor kid. And seriously, can H have any worse luck? :(

11. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I thought the episode was 'meh'. At the moment, the only thing I have to say is that Julia really creeped me out. I mean, before she even said anything. I think it was her eyes. Did anyone else get that?

12. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

As I'm rethinking that whole episode, my feeling is that it was originally intended as a two or three parter and they revised it after the strike started. So many loose ends, even for them, have to be tied up.
    btw, miamirocks , I agree, Julia's a psycho and no chemistry with Horatio. Tho, since he's on to her game, we don't want any good vibes there.
    And I certainly agree about Horatio & Calleigh. Do they live and act on the same planet? It's to the ridiculous point and an explanation (any plausible explanation) must be dealt with by TPTB.

13. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Now there's an inspiring thought! :)

I haven't seen this episode yet, but I'm slightly intrigued by this Julia character, so I'll watch it later on.

14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

This was a good epi, I thought. The shocker for me was that H did not once pull out his gun, nobody matched their outfits & CALLEIGH WORE COLOR!!
    The ending was perfection...very creepy. I loved it.
    I almost shed a tear when Kyle called H "dad"...very sweet. I really wasn't expecting that.
    It was nice to see the team talking about H & his son. Usually they just pop up out of nowhere & "know" what's going on, so I really enjoyed those little scenes like Calleigh & Natalia discussing H/Alexx...it was a nice change.
    I really thought too that Alexx's fender bender would come into play...was there a point to that?
    I've wondered too about the team being "targeted" but I always thought it would have something to do w/ the Rio/Lebrock/Riaz ordeal. Don't know. Most likely, Frank "disappeared" because the epi contained mostly H/Kyle. Which for this epi, that was fine w/ me. it brought out some good Horatio scenes, much more down to earth...& I absolutely looovve Kyle. What a cute kid, & he has great interaction w/ H.
    Julia...didn't like her. I can't imagine what he saw in her, she was not only a bitch & possible murderer..she was a huge SNOB.
    Elizabeth Berkely was ok, just doesn't seem like a good match for Horatio.
    It'll be cool to see how they continue this...& when.
    Overall great epi! :)

15. Megamel

Megamel Victim

Miamirocks, I was confused about Alexx's car accident too. They must have cut a scene out or something. She isn't there to collect Julia's husbands body and Natalia explains to Calliegh that ALexx was in a car wreck. Then when Eric goes to see Alexx in the autopsy room after she retrieved the bullet, I expected him to mention the accident but he never did and it was never brought up again.

Tripp is missing at the same time Mrs Newberry is going under water. I hope they aren't trying to make us think Tripp had anything to do with that because I cannot imagine him doing that. And is that poor Kyle ever gonna get a hug??? He is finally reunited with his mother, meets his father and gets out of jail and the poor kid doesn't get so much as a handshake. What gives???