Raising Caine - Episode #613 **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Wyoming

Head of the Graveyard Shift
CSI: MIAMI
Air Date: Monday, January 14, 2008
Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on CBS
Episode Title: (#613) "Raising Caine"

Elizabeth Berkley ("Any Given Sunday") Guest Stars

"Raising Caine" - Horatio's ex and Kyle's mother (guest star Elizabeth Berkley), resurfaces as a billionaire's widow who will do anything to get her son back, on CSI: MIAMI, Monday, Jan. 14 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:

Horatio Caine: David Caruso
Calleigh Duquesne: Emily Procter
Eric Delko: Adam Rodriguez
Alexx Woods: Khandi Alexander
Ryan Wolfe: Jonathan Togo
Det. Frank Tripp: Rex Linn
Natalia Boa Vista: Eva La Rue

RETURNING CAST:

Maxine Valera: Botti Bliss
Kyle Harmon: Evan Ellingson
Rebecca Nivins: Christina Chang
Kathleen Newberry: Lisa Sheridan
Judge Hugo Kemp: Steve Toussaint

GUEST CAST:

Julia Winston: Elizabeth Berkley
Bill Winston: Robert Merrill
Larry Hopkins: Jay R. Ferguson
Pamela Mills: Anne Rose Hopkins
Paul: Josh Kelly
Court Clerk: Bee-Be Smith
Corrections Officer: Jeff DeSerrano

Written by: Sunil Nayar

Directed by: Gina Lamar

Notes: This is the last episode written before the writer's strike.

I'm excited for ths ep.

Though if the strike does end soon it will be quite some time before filming would be up and running again.

I really hope so VEG!! ;)

Im hoping even more that the writers managed to do good w/ this storyline. I don't have a good feeling about Ms. Julia (Cruella) :mad:

Who is Kathleen Newberry?? :confused: She is listed as "returning". Has she been in an epi before or listed for future epis...anyone know?

mjszud said:
Who is Kathleen Newberry?? :confused:
Your question bugged me so hard, that I rewatched the epi for you (in fast forward :p).
Apparently, Kathleen Newberry is the girl that Kyle kidnapped and left behind in the (football?) stadium.

EDIT: typo :D

Ohhh! Well yeah, I guess it'd make sense that the "victim" would appear in court w/ him. Duh :lol: Hadn't thought about that part. Thank you so much, HUSH!!

Amazingly enough, I'm excited for this episode. I can't wait to meet the Julie Eberly that the directors had in mind and compare her to the one in the fic I've been writing. It'll be interesting to see how she plays out.

I'm a bit confused here. Is this the last episode before the show goes on hiatus or is it the last episode - period?

I keep hearing people refer to it as the "last episode" and nothing else, and it's frankly getting me worried. If it is the last episode, that's a stupid move on CBS' part, considering how many unresolved plotlines there are at the moment.

And what's even more stupid is that I don't know why the writers are on strike in the first place. Paycheck problems? Will someone fill me in, please? Right now the WGA is looking like a selfish organization, and they're pissing me off a lot - if you're going to shut down shows at least do the loyal fans a service by writing some actual conclusions.

^ It was the last episode written before the writers' strike. The show has been put on hold until the strike ends. So, it's not the end of the show for good, but simply that the production of new scripts have halted until the writers return to work. You can view articles about the strike here:

A Writer's Strike Is Looming

The Strike Goes On

The WGA Tries New Tactics

Strike Coverage

More information about the strike.

The gist: The WGA was asking for a larger portion of DVD and online sales, among other requests, and it is the DVD issue which has caused a great deal of problems. The AMPTP refused to go with the proposed increase, and neither side would back down. -- From CSIFiles, November 2, 2007

And the rest of the updates you can find at the bottom of the main page at CSIFiles entitled 'news archive' :)

You're welcome. :)

Hopefully 'Raising Caine' is worth it. It's been a long while since we've had a new episode--Here's to hoping it won't leave a rotten taste in the mouths of the fans. I find it funny that they chose 'Any Given Sunday' to highlight for Miss Berkley. :lol: Whatever, I still see her as the chick from 'Saved By The Bell'.

The episode sounds really interesting, it'll be awesome to see Kyle again. :D

Here's a quote of my latest post over in the Spoiler thread.
It concerns this episode.

Carolyn318 said
I have 4 theories about Kyle's last name being Harman since his mother's last on the birth certificate is Eberly. I couldn't remember Eberly so I went back and watched where I recorded Dangerous Son. And Horatio is listed on the birth certificate by the undercover name he was using at the time he got Kyle's mother pregnant with Kyle...the only name Kyle's mother knew Horatio by: John Walden. I couldn't remember Walden either so I went back and watched where I recorded Dangerous Son for Walden too.
1st theory...I had a 1/2 brother who died back in March 2004. My 1/2 brother and I had different last names because we had different fathers. Maybe Kyle's mother has a 1/2 brother whose last name is Harman.
2nd theory...Maybe it's a maternal great-grandparent's last name.
3rd theory...Maybe when Kyle was born, his mother was married to someone whose last name is Harman. So maybe Kyle has a stepdad whose last name is Harman.
4th and final theory...Maybe Harman is Kyle's middle name. My dad-who past away in October 1974-had the middle name of Miller. My 1/2 brother's dad-who past away in May 1983-had the middle name Garland. I've heard of people with Miller or Garland as a last name. My mom's only living brother has their mom's maiden name as a middle name. So, to me, a potential last name as a middle name isn't out of the question.

Could another angle about the name Harmon be that maybe Julia named Kyle after some long dead/old alive friend or ex boyfriend like to honor them? or maybe her mom did name the kid-my grandma named me and both my parents just chose to leave the birth papers alone cause they decided they liked what she chose..

I have a fifth theory! :D

At some point Kyle stated that he's been through more than one foster home. Maybe one of those adopted him and gave him their last name?

Back