Quiz Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
about the uk - 10/10 (i took exception to it being so monarchy heavy though *grumble*)
adages - got them all with 1.26 left
movie posters - 24 right and then i got annoyed and gave up :lol:

i found 3 london ones (for any london/uk based comrades :))

london bridges - i got all but one of them

london underground stations -62/63: annoying as i go through the one i missed about 5 times a week!

name the UK sitcom - 19/22

Last edited:
I hope you don't mind us not Londoners answering the quizzes :)

Name the Bridges. I got 4/13

London Underground stations. I got 4/63

British Sitcoms. I got 3/22. All I can say is for the 3 that I got thank god for PBS running these shows :D

Oh, I'm gonna totally bomb on these, but what the heck!

Name the Bridges in London - 2/13
Name the Underground Tube stations - 1/63. I had two more, but I didn't give the whole name. :rolleyes: Picky, picky
Can you name the sitcoms from the character names (U.K.) - 0/22 Can I name them, apparently not :lol:

Last edited:
London Bridges: 5/13 - There's 13 of them? :confused:

London Underground Tube Stations: 30/63 - That comes from the fact that we have a lot of towns, parks, and streets with the very similar names. (just spelled a little differently.) :bolian:

Name the U.K. Sitcoms: 2/22 - I can't name most of the American sitcoms. :bolian:

Susan

London Bridges: 3/13 Only know them because I walked on them:lol:

Underground Tube Stations: 3/63 I could have guessed more if I knew the whole name of them...

UK Sitcoms: 1/22

no more comment on these:alienblush::alienblush:

I hope you don't mind us not Londoners answering the quizzes :)

no, the more the merrier :D

i'm quite impressed, i doubt i'd do as well as some of you on bridges in other cities, let alone underground stops!

i just tried 3 more random ones:

numbers in french - got them all with 3.53 to go

philosophers - i got them all but forgot to see how long it took

russian literature - got them all, but it took a while as i kept misspelling them:lol:

Official Languages of the U.N - Got them all, had 15 secs left :)
numbers in french - 18/28, very proud of this since I don't speak french :lol:

French numbers. 6/28 :eek: now first off you must realize I have enough trouble spelling English sometimes and you want me to try French :D I know what some of the higher numbers were but for the life of me couldn't spell them. Also French was the only subject I failed in high school. French and I don't get along :D

Philosophers. I didn't even try them

Russian Authors. Yeah you are funny here aren't you Lisa :). Anyways I didn't try them either :D

Good quizzes though :)

French numbers: 11/28 - 1-10 and 100. :) I failed my French class.

Philosophers: 2/16 - the first 2

Russian Literature: 3/15 - War & Peace, Crime & Punishment (took a while to spell it right!) and Doctor Zhivago

Susan

Ok, these were tough.

Can you Name the Philosphers: 2/16 Just wonderining where socrates was?

Can you Name the Numbers in French: 1/18 That would be a big fat NO. :lol: Now if it was German I'd have done very well.

Can you Name The Russion Authors: 2/15 Nope can't name them either. :lol:

Little bit of catch-up here:

Last few words of adages 23/24 (getting milk for free and not paying for the cow?? :shifty:)

Surnames of sitcom characters 6/30

4-letter answers in crosswords 10/30

Bridges in London 10/13

London Underground stations 50/63

Sitcom characters UK 16/22

Terms that contain the word "world": 20/26 - better than I expected. :)

Top selling carbonated beverages: 10/10 with :59 left - It took forever to think of #8. Didn't know it was that popular. :lol:

Most common plastic surgery procedures (2008): 5/15 - I doubt I could have spelled the others if I knew them in the first place! :wtf:

Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back