Prove it!

Ok, I'm a Nick and Greg fan but my fave ever eps are A Bullet Runs Through It parts one and two and Nick and Greg were hardly in it at all.

Although I do like eps that have my favourite characters in (of course) I do still like other eps. If it's a good story then I'll enjoy it. The only time I don't really like episodes is when they centre too much on characters that aren't my favourite. If it's just that my faves don't appear much and it's just a normal ep then I'll probably enjoy it. That's the only time when I don't really enjoy episodes. For example, that episode where Cath's ex husband died was all about her really and cos she's not favourite then I didn't really enjoy it.

I hope that made sense.

Well I have a struggle here cause Horatio is my man, and he features so prominently in Miami that it is difficult to prove I like the show without him (and as a brit no season 4 yet, so no 'Three Way')

However I have to say my favourite eppy 'Innocent' was not due to his role but down to the really good storyline with the twists and turns, and the whole team shining in one way or another, but the thing that really has this above all others was the choice of background music to the scenes it really creatd the whole episode atmosphere. I find this with quite a few episodes I really get hooked by decent backing music to feed the cases :cool:

I would agree with you though Baba about reviews, I would tend to be more favourable to eppies where H is prominent and that is honesty :rolleyes:

Hope this post obeys rules!!!

I simply like it, when they are around, all of them.

I remember 2 or three weeks without a new episode, then the promo for the next including Grissom and then Grissom never showing up - that was not so fair. CSI without Grissom isn't quite the same for me most of the time. Gum Drops was good, but Unusual suspect was not good. But anyway.

Season 6 was a bit hard though, because they mainly worked on one case instead of two, so it seemed to me from time to time, that when they were complete one or two characters were a bit surplus. It is just easier to get them all good appearances, when there are two cases.

As long as i watch the show, it always catched my attention when some character wasn't there. Like, "hey, where's Warrick?" or "Have you seen Sara yet?"(to whoever watches with me) But it is no real drama - except Grissom is amiss.

I remember, that I found it boring on some point to see the same old combos again and again, like Grissom/Sara/Warrick vs. Cath/Nick in the first&second season or never Grissom/Sara at all in parts of seasons 3&4

I was relieved to see Cath/Grissom work together once again in the middle of season 5.
I had difficulties with Jackpot, Brass goes Hollywood and Weeping Willows. It was a strange concept, it really worked, and i would have liked it - but maybe they should have spread those one-man-shows over several seasons better than having them in one package.

I wish, Greg could be more in the lab every now and then, or they at least show more background, like: How is it for him to get from being lab rat to be a field mouse.

That's it, sure I haven't proved anything. :)

The first episode I saw was 'Jackpot' so their really was no character interaction between the CSIs and I thought it was very good. I deffinately prefer ones with Sara working with Griss and/or Nick working with Sara. But I just love the show every aspect of it, true GSR whoops @$$ but I would be happy to see one where Warrick does the whole thing by himself.

I may be a fan of grissom, but if i like an episode, than i like a episode. I dont like an episode based on whos in it. It does help but ill still like it if grissom is not in it unless its a really crappy script.

I'm not realy a particulair fan of anyone in the CSI:LV serie, sometimes I don't even notice there's someone missing :p
I watch it because it's so damn interresting and I pay attention to the cases.
For CSI:NY it's kinda different, I also pay attention to the cases and enjoy that much, but I notice that I feel dissapointed if Danny has little screentime :lol:

CSIVegasMiamiNY said:
Good point i mean when i first saw Jackpot i didnt really like it, because of it just being grissom, but then I sat and watched it and I found out that i liked it, did my ol' looking at his body language out of his comfort zone thang. now i love it. I mean some eps you do have to really sit through to get.

I agree with you! I find myself going back to re-watch other episodes that I drooled over Nick. I realized I had missed out on much more! It is okay to drool over your fave, but check out what you don't see.!

SparkyGirl said:
CSIVegasMiamiNY said:
Good point i mean when i first saw Jackpot i didnt really like it, because of it just being grissom, but then I sat and watched it and I found out that i liked it, did my ol' looking at his body language out of his comfort zone thang. now i love it. I mean some eps you do have to really sit through to get.

I agree with you! I find myself going back to re-watch other episodes that I drooled over Nick. I realized I had missed out on much more! It is okay to drool over your fave, but check out what you don't see.!

Agree with ya'll too. When i first got my seasons on dvd i was just looking out for any GSR moves and then when i went back and saw the episodes i was like wow i missed all this!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I watch it, not because my favorite character on the show. I still watch it if the character is not on it. I watch the show because the case, between friendship, relationships with each other. Family for each other. Like Grissom and Catherine like a parents to the youngest CSI, so they can protect them from being hurt from the bad guys.

Ok my fav character is Grissom followed by sara. I´ll admit that if Grissom´s in an ep I always give it bonus points and i always like the ep more(..what Grissom´s funny and hot.) but I can enjoy and episode even if my favourite characters aren´t in it.
For example I really loved Ellie and grissom left right at the begining(although his scenes were pretty funny.)and Ellie is one of my fav season 2 episodes(well actually I like most episodes of season2..)
But my point is I can enjoy an episode if my fav character isn´t there...I´ll just enjoy it even more if he is there.

As for miami and ny I don´t really have favourites.

I loved Ellie!!! That was such a good ep! The storyline was good, the writing, the jealousy and then I watched it a second time on DVD and THEN drooled over Warrick taking lead and Nick being jealous in a sweet way!!! But yea that was such a great ep!!

*bump* This is a good thread, and an interesting topic to discuss. :) Take a glance back at the opening post and weigh in with your own opinion. :D

Hmm... cool thread. Thanks for bumping it, Faylinn.
I think I'm a true CSI fan. For New York, I don't really have a favorate character, I love them all.
For Las Vegas... well, I think I'll use Jackpot as an example, like Baba did at the begining. Jackpot was an excellent episode, very well done. One of my favorites, acually. And very little of my favorite characters. Now, I don't dislike Grissom at all, but he's just not my favorite. I prefer Nick, Warrick, and Greg, none of whom (at least, according to my memory) made very big appearences in this episode.
It's not that I don't notice when my faves aren't around, but it doesn't make me enjoy the episode any less.

Now, Miami. Speed was (and still is) my absolute favorite. We're now in the third season without him, and yet, here I am, watching every episode, week after week, faithfully, without my Timmy there. Although, I still hold out hope that he's coming back :devil:

DragonflyDreamer said:
watching every episode, week after week, faithfully, without my Timmy there. Although, I still hold out hope that he's coming back :devil:

*giggles* bless you Dragonfly.

Baba sounds a little strict with her 'prove it' speech! :lol: I love it!

Well, obviously as a Nick fan I probably have an LV preference for an episode with enough Nick in it (can there ever be enough though?). That said, I would be happy with a little as long as it is of quality...

I look back to the most memorable episodes and have to think that they probably don't have all the CSI's in them throughout, which is fine. I would prefer the story to be able to stand up alone without the need for each character to be in it, I find it a little bit irritating when the character is in it for literally 30 seconds with no real relevance.

So, to think about LV episodes sans Nick, I can think of Jackpot (most people seem to agree that is a good episode) and Spellbound which was OK, but mostly because it showed something different or interesting for the characters that were in it. I thought both Greg and Grissom had more fun in the roles for instance, and it gave the opportunity for some character development and interplay between them that would have probably had to be cut if they had included all the other characters in it!

As for Miami and NY, I don't particularly even have any favourite characters so I'm not sure if I would notice if a character was missing. That isn't a negative, but I think shows that the storylines and characters in general are very good and that no one is needed to hold the shows popularities. Something I also believe with LV.

Er, relevance of all this is kind of forgotten as I have been writing for so long, but in conclusion my favourites being missing won't stop me from watching. :D

I've watched Csi since it began, and will watch it every week. It doesn't matter to me if they are all in it, and although I didn't enjoy it as much when they broke up the team, I still watched. Now that they've been back together, I think it is better, because even if you don't see one, you still know they are a team.
As for Miami, my fave character was Speedle, and although he's long gone, I still watch. However, my enjoyment of the show has slowly been disappearing, especially after season 4. It has been slightly better this season, but season 4 almost made me quit watching it.
As for CSI: NY, it has become my favorite of the three. I will watch, whether they feature my favorite character or not. I'm going to be tested in a few weeks, as one of my favorites, Lindsay, is probably not going to be in a few episodes(Anna's maternity leave). I think I will still enjoy it, but I like when they are a team and you see them all.
All that being said, I still watch even if my favorites are not featured, or even in the episode.

Back