Poll Thread 2 - Which One?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I haven't but I really want to. Sadly there's really no plce around here to do anything.

I also really want to get a job, I need the cash.

I do it alot with sports, y'know track & field. It's almost the only thing to do around here. Coolest place was to be volunteer in Atletics World Championships in Helsinki :)

I've volunteered with a medical organisation in Afghanistan the Ivory Coast and Sudan, hopefully I will be heading out to Angola later on in the year.

never_a_promise said:
I've volunteered with a medical organisation in Afghanistan the Ivory Coast and Sudan, hopefully I will be heading out to Angola later on in the year.

^I think that's great stuff.
I studied with one woman who hadbeen in Northern Ireland and I think China and somewhere else too. I admire that.

I use to, but I haven't done anything lately beyond a few hours here and there.
In February, I coordinated an event for Girl Scouts with our American Chemical Society- so if you count it. It took all in all, from writing the grant proposal to final report, probably about 350 hours.

I sometimes had the feeling I was doing volunteerwork, when I was doing my teacher training course and I went on teacher traning to some school.. and the teachers were like: "so okay, this is your class, you'll be teaching them so-and-so many hours.. have fun!" and they shoved me into the toughest classes there could possibly be and at the end of those months it was like "bye-bye and thanks for babysitting those kids, but you won't get paid!" So okay, those are the rules here, we only get paid for the last TP but I felt being a volunteer police officer to some schools.. while I was training to become a teacher :(

Yeah LGHS has some number of required hours. It is very dull. I don't mind the idea of volunteer work as much as that Los Gatos has like no opportunities (we can clean up dog sh*t and trash by the stupid creek or spoon feed old people).

yeah i do a bit for the lodge that i am in "guoofs"
some aussies will know what it is.
i also do a bit for my daughters school when they need me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back