Poll and Opinions On Ray Langston

How Do You Feel About Ray Langston's Character?

• Liked Him From The Beginning

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Wasn't Sure At First But He's Growing On Me

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Not Feeling Him At All

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Really Have No Opinion Either Way

Votes: 8 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
WELCOME Missinwarrick
pompom.gif
and glad your tunned into LF. I was a huge fan before he decided to join the CSI cast, but never thought he'd be the right one. Boy was I wrong. And there's no comparsion between him and Grissom, totally different personailites. But LF as this character Langston this has his own strong traits and brand of charm.~

BILLY AND LARRY

I'm just gonna update my opinion here. :)

As I stated before, in the beginning I was really excited about the show going in a new direction with a "newbie" CSI. The first couple of episodes were really good...fresh and interesting watching Ray learn things and fumble around a bit.

But then, suddenly, he's the one with all the answers. It seemed like he was popping up around every corner and in every case with advice, information, or telling the others things that for some reason, even as seasoned CSIs, they couldn't figure out on their own.

I really noticed it even more as I was watching a repeat of "Turn, Turn, Turn". When I saw it the first time, I LOVED Ray talking to Nick at the end. I thought he was awesome and it was just perfect. Loved it!

But upon watching the repeat, after having seen so many subsequent episodes with Ray, Ray, Ray always the one with the answers...it wasn't the same. :( It bothered me this time. And I hate that. I hate that TPTB have done this to the character. It didn't have to be that way.

WOW, I so disagree Smokey I feel the opposite, how he asks for advice and the other team members theories, ideas and their help. His camraderie with Horatio and Mac [in the trilogy] was superb he listened to them, asked questions and was never bossy or overpowering on the cases.. How he was fumbling about trying to find Mattie in "The Lost Girls" and was so frustrated and asked Nick to help. I never thought ever he was a "know-it-all" and he's rarely got the answers.:confused: He's perplexed by the Dr. Jekyll whoever that is. He's in tune with Nick, Greg, Cath and Brass, and so mellow and looks to them for the answers. He was so wonderful with Sara in "Better Off Dead" "Hey Sara, look at this" etc. and asking about that "sky ride" and how she told him "I'll take on it one of these days" he goes "Gee, thank's" and smiled;) What I like about him is his low-key persona/attitude about all things, and is always up for their suggestions. I think he rocks and am so happy with his character and find NO fault at all. But, everyone has their own opinion, and perceives characters differently.~

Last edited:
WOW, I so disagree Smokey I feel the opposite, how he asks for advice and the other team members theories, ideas and their help. His camraderie with Horatio and Mac [in the trilogy] was superb he listened to them, asked questions and was never bossy or overpowering on the cases.. How he was fumbling about trying to find Mattie in "The Lost Girls" and was so frustrated and asked Nick to help. I never thought ever he was a "know-it-all" and he's rarely got the answers.:confused: He's perplexed by the Dr. Jekyll whoever that is. He's in tune with Nick, Greg, Cath and Brass, and so mellow and looks to them for the answers. He was so wonderful with Sara in "Better Off Dead" "Hey Sara, look at this" etc. and asking about that "sky ride" and how she told him "I'll take on it one of these days" he goes "Gee, thank's" and smiled;) What I like about him is his low-key persona/attitude about all things, and is always up for their suggestions. I think he rocks and am so happy with his character and find NO fault at all. But, everyone has their own opinion, and perceives characters differently.~

Oh I like the character just fine. It's how the writers are making him look that I have a problem with. They should have just brought him in as a supervisor, or they should have brought in a not-so-high-profile actor to play a newbie. They can't have it both ways, and I think they realize that and this is the way they are trying to fix it. But it isn't flying with me. :)

Oh, I see what you mean, yes I agree, the writers should have broght him in as a supvervisor, the thing is Grissom offered him this low level position, and told him the pay is low. He accepted it knowing that. He is a high profile actor, and I wanted and wondered why he wanted to play this role:confused:. I just think that now [and he's not new anymore] that the position he has is blending in with the older CSI's and working with them on any level they choose for him. In that position, he is doing a stunning job~In my perfect world he would have replaced Warrick, Grissom would still be here and all would be good~

I have to agree with everything that you said Smokey.
I feel that TPTB really messed up with the way they are writing Langston. You can't be a newbie for 2 or 3 episodes and then miraculously be all knowing after that.
I also agree that TPTB realise this and have been trying to fix it, but it's too late for me. I watch CSI very rarely now, and when I do, I'm bored stiff. I had great hopes for this season what with Jorja coming back, but even she can't help fill what's missing in CSI. :(

I feel that S/10 is one of the most exciting ever in all 10 seasons. Becasue of LF. On NYE, before we went out, we caught the end of "Miscarriage Of Justice" and at the end where the whole gang got together to celebrate there finalization of their case and Cath bought Ray a Martini. They were all cheering him and she said "due to Ray" and he threw it back at them with "It was a team effort". He's always humble and never really ever takes credit where he totally deserves it. I can't wait till this is out on DVD.:bolian:

LAURENCE

This article, from one year ago, talks about LF's debut, and how the ratings soared. WOW, already one year:wtf:.. Anyway it was a blockbuster "Family Affair"

LF DEBUT

I like Langston as a character, and LF does a brilliant job, all mighty and powerful as he is, but I have to agree with gilsgal who said "You can't be a newbie for 2 or 3 episodes and then miraculously be all knowing after that." You will have to forgive my lack of episode name, but in season nine when The Steven got the turtle dropped on his head, Langston was working solo. That didn't sit right with me, especially considering he is only level 1.
If Langston wasn't glorified because he was played by LF then the character would be much more enjoyable. It is a shame, because his sudden knowledge and power ruined his character for me, otherwise I feel he could have made a very good add to the team, like Riley did.

Hopefully we will see less of him being wonderful in season 10 when it airs in the UK.

Welcome abbyMANIAC
Cheering.gif
I agree to some extent, but Langston didn't just get off the "dumb train". He's a mature guy and has some knowlege of his own. He's experienced, and uses that to benefit the stories. He has the expertise to do things on his own , without whinning HELP~

Back