Poll and Opinions On Ray Langston

How Do You Feel About Ray Langston's Character?

• Liked Him From The Beginning

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Wasn't Sure At First But He's Growing On Me

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Not Feeling Him At All

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Really Have No Opinion Either Way

Votes: 8 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here would be my perfect CSI show. Grissom would still be here as the head honch. [why he couldn't have waited for the S/10 to finish and then left] so anyways. LF could have replaced Warrick at the level he was. We'd see the couple Grissom and Sara happily married in thier condo with their doggie Hank. The rest of the team the way it used to be, And with the crossover coming up, Grissom and Dr. Langston could have done it together, or Ray could have at least been a consultant and helping out with his expertise. AH, but alas, that's not the case:(

If Grissom was still there, the crossover wouldn't have happened and if it did, he wouldn't be the one traveling to the other shows. Billy never cared for the spin-offs and that's why we never had a crossover (except to introduce the Miami show). They're only doing one now, because Billy left.

As for Langston, I like the guy and frankly, I don't envy Fishburne for the place he's been put in. He's coming to a show that's 10 years with a cast that has remained intacted for nearly 8 of those years. To come in be the 'lead' cannot be easy. We all should cut him some slack.

Why? Because it's tptb that's shoving him down our throats, didn't handle his character properly, or the fact our favorite CSIs can't seem to solver any case anymore. :rolleyes: Which is probably why every case has been related some how, some way, so Langston can solve them all.

I mean, I'm not a fan of Sara, but it even pissed me off when they dumbed her down too. This dumbing down of our favorite CSIs is just WRONG!!!!!

I liked Langston's first episode with him fumbling around. Yes, he was a doctor and would be more qualified and have more knowledge for a CSI Level One, than a newbie would be. However, processing the scenes and learning from that he would need to take time with. Going from a not really knowing how to process to being an expert in the next episode, was NOT the way to go.

I don't really like the guy that much, mostly do to the fact what the writers have done with the character. For example dumbing down my favorite CSI characters really ticks me off, I would probably like the character more if the writers didn't try and shove the character down our throats which is why it bugs me.

speedy there was a crossover episode with Grissom and Jack Malone from the now defunct "WOAT" one of the best ever, on the trail of that child killer remember? I also think it was a bit scary and a tough road to hoe with LF coming in at this point in time, but he's conquered the battle by being a great actor and a nice person so likeable. He had to have known what he was up against, and still accepted this offer~

CROSSOVER

Desertwind I think Speedy was referring to inter-show crossovers, not crossovers with other shows non-CSI (ie without a trace).

Desertwind I think Speedy was referring to inter-show crossovers, not crossovers with other shows non-CSI (ie without a trace).

Sorry, yeah, I was referring to crossovers with CSI: Miami and CSI: NY. Petersen did not make it a secret he was not happy when they did the spinoffs, because they lost such great writers and possible storylines.

I think Billy was fine with doing a crossover with another show, but he did not want them to make spinoffs of CSI and that's why he refused to do a crossover with Miami or NY, despite the fact that he and Gary Sinise are friends (at least I think I read somewhere that they are).

I still think it would make sense for tptb to have Greg go with Ray [on the crossovers], especially given that Greg lived in NY for a while. Also, I remember back when they were first planning the NY show and Tv guide asked some people who they thought would be good for the lead and Eric said Gary Sinise. When I read that, I smiled because I thought, "that would be awesome, I love Gary Sinise" and who did they get for the NY lead? That's right, Gary Sinise! So either they were already thinking that and Eric knew that, or they actually took Eric's suggestion. :lol:

I just feel like the writers have had Nick and Ray bond quite a bit, Ray and Doc, Ray and Cath, Ray and Hodges, even Ray and Sara... but they haven't really focused on forming a bond between Ray and Greg and that is unfortunate... so Greg gets left out in that department too. :(
I think him going with Ray to the other cities would have been the perfect opportunity for the two of them to bond a bit. :shrugs:

Your correct GNRF Gary and Billy [both Chicago boys] are friends. I've never ever heard any comments from Billy on David Caruso :rolleyes:, and I apologize about the crossovers I thought speedy meant he'd [Grissom] never did any. And I think Greg and Ray are fine, not many scenes together, but what I've observed their compatible. And maybe they will be in more as time goes on. We're only in Ep.5~

Last edited:
Yeah, Greg and Ray seem to get along, but the writers don't focus enough on bonding scene with them as they do with Ray and everyone else. I'd just like to see more bonding between the two of them, that's all. :lol: I hope you're right and that we will see more as the season goes on, but I still feel that they missed an opportunity for that with not having Greg go with Ray. It's just weird because last time Vegas went to Miami, two of the CSIs went rather than just one. :lol:

Here's an idea okay now remember I haven't watched season 9 so don't know if they have done it last season or not so feel free to tell me if they have. Maybe if we can get back to having seperate cases again Ray and Greg can work a case together that way we get some scenes with just those two they seem to get along well enough from what I have observed so far this season. Again haven't watched season 9 so can't use any of those episodes to back up my opinion.

I cant stand him. He's one of the reasons I don't watch as faithfully as I once did. The number one turn off of a show for me is when beloved, original characters leave and new, unheard of characters join. It just so happens that both of my ultimate favorite characters ended up leaving and new characters came in; which is why I hated Riley and currently dispise Ray. It's probably mostly my fault because I haven't/hadn't even taken the time to get into their characters, but I don't see myself ever liking Ray.

I liked Ray from the start. He has a certain charisma that caught my eye. I was never a Grissom fan (please, do not shoot me :confused: ), so I wasn't as shocked when he left the show. I admit that it isn't the same without him, but Ray does a great job. He's still learning and he does everything to become a better CSI. He's driven, intelligent and he can get into a criminals mind (not literally off course ;) ). And I've got the feeling that he fits in the team just fine. So to make a long story short: I like him!!! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:Thank's Joycie84 nice to see someone who feels the same as I do about this charming wonderful character. And BTW welcome as well. What is so awesome is how the whole team is enamored by him too. They all really fit together. I was so hestitant and resistant at first, when WP left:( but am so pleased with this character and all things he says and does~

I like Langston, and have from the start. I think the show is just different without Grissom, and that's going to take some time to get used to--maybe more time than both the fans and the writers anticipated. But there's something very warm and good-natured about Langston that I really like.

:thumbsup:Good to hear, and I think a good description as well is he's so "gentle" and sweet, it's a bit strange to call this hunk of a man those adjectives, but they do fit him. Can't wait to see him in the 3/way crossover~

I have tried to like Ray, I really and truly have, but he leaves me lukewarm at best.

I don't like the way the writers have decided to dumb down the rest of the cast so that Ray can seem more intelligent. I don't like that he seems to supervise more than Catherine.
In short, he just rubs me the wrong way and is the main reason that I really don't care if I miss an episode of CSI now. :(

Back