Pirates Of The Caribbean

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by midnight17, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

2. midnight17

midnight17 Witness

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean

OMG!!!! finally got to see it today and it is AMAZING!!

I love it all but OMG Will :eek:

Loved Jacks line (Nobody move...) :lol:

ps how do i put a spoiler box in??

3. Tinkerbell

In your reply box under 'Instant UBB Code' you will see the spoiler link. If you just click on to the link a box will appear asking you to give a title to your spoiler, once you've done that another box will appear asking you to type in your spoiler. :)

4. midnight17

midnight17 Witness

thanx tinkerbell

5. xxcalleighxx

xxcalleighxx Dead on Arrival

omg!Q you gotta love the midget priate at the beginning who comes in with a big fat assed gun and the kick back sends him flying bckwards :L

xx

6. Tinkerbell

No problem midnight17. ;)

7. chocolate_bunnys

chocolate_bunnys Police Officer

Dont know if anybody watched the MTV movie awards but:
    Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Mans Chest won at the MTV movie awards for Best Movie and Johnny Depp Won for Best Performance .

Cant wait for the award show for AWE next year.
    Oh, the little guy, he is always geting knocked over.Poor guy :p

8. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Tink, I just wanted to let you know that I went to see POTC 3 and loved it! :D I'm not quite sure why it has got such a grilling by the critics. For an action adventure on the high seas, it was very entertaining and so well made, just like the other two movies.

Would I like to see a 4th movie? Possibly to tie up a few loose ends. One criticism: I would have liked more Jack/Elizabeth screentime, though we did get plenty of that in Dead Man's Chest. ;)

9. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

My brothers went and saw Pirates without me. I was so mad. I still haven't seen it yet, but I hope to soon.

10. Tinkerbell

Yay Luce! :D I'm so pleased you've seen it and that you enjoyed it. I agree with you in regards to the critics! I have no idea what planet they were on when they reviewed the film. :lol: It definitely received two thumbs up from me. Jack was fantastic as always, despite the long wait to see him (well, it seemed like a long wait :lol:).

Drink up me hearties yo-ho! :D

11. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Critics...somedays I wonder what they are thinking. They said that POTC3 was confusing and that no on would like it...ovbiously they are not intune with what the general population likes in their movies.

12. Alien_from_mars

Alien_from_mars Prime Suspect

I thought the film was entertaining. Id heard alot of people say it was disappointing but maybe because I weasnt expecting much, I actually found it good.
    The first half was just confusing, too many plots, characters and just generally too much going on.
    The last half made up for the first I think, brilliant action. :)
    I actually came home from cinema and looked on wikipedia to see what the film was about as it was so confusing. But yeah, still good. :)

13. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Everyone I talked to pretty much loved it with the exception of a guy I work with. He was a bit disappointed. I know my friends and I loved it.

14. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

OH MY GOSH, I just saw Pirates of the Caribbean. It was really good. I loved it. It made me laugh and it made me cry. It was amazing. I can't wait to see it again and I want it on DVD. The only bad thing was we sat close to the back and I forgot my glasses. So I couldn't see very well, but I got the idea so it was okay, next time I will bring my glasses.

15. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I saw Pirates of the Caribbean 3 last week. The night before I went to see it I finally got the time to watch POTC 2. :lol: Yeah, I'm always a little late with these things...

Anyway, I thought both films were great, and I'll admit that I wasn't too bothered about seeing them at all. I'm surprised by the grilling the third film got from the critics, it doesn't seem deserving of that?

My only complaints, well both 2 and 3 were a little over long, I personally could have done with some shorter fight scenes (one sword fight and ships trying to blow each other up is much like the next). They could have shaved 15 minutes off each film without losing much of the drama and excitement in my opinion...

Johnny Depp was fantastic, and I really loved the short appearance of Keith Richards. :lol: Having not read much about the film prior to seeing it, I was surprised by the ending and may have even had a tear in my eye. The soundtrack was awesome too!