Other Fandom FanArt #4-Showcase & Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I'm really confused on where to put stuff these days since we have a billion threads for fanart :p but shouldn't all the questions and stuff go Here? it's getting a little confusing :rolleyes:

I have some stuff, any kind of feedback would be awesome. Guess the last batch wasn't so good :rolleyes: :p

bann60.jpg
bann39.png

bann31-1.jpg
bann29-1.jpg

Can someone clear up this image as best as they can and make it 140x140 plz.
thanks in advanced;)
http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss245/csimiami01/NCIS LA/ncislosangeles2.jpg

I'm not sure it can be cleared up. I tried with Photoshop and couldn't fix it. Maybe someone more advanced than me can give it a whirl. But, you might want to see if you can find another version of the pic that's a little clearer.

that's the only version I could find sorry:(
Thanks for trying though:thumbsup:

Nikki, I love the coloring on that first Tom Welling banner. And whose eye is that on the last banner?

I practiced the textures thing and the suggestions were a big help, so thanks for those. I used the Gwen Stefani icon base to practice on since it was already cropped (hope that's okay I needed something precropped to practice on cause if I used something I had to crop, I wasn't sure how it would turn out lol anyway). :lol: Then when I got the hang of it, I switched to a Natalia pic, cropped it and started texturizing it. :lol: The Nat ones are posted on the Miami icon thread in the fan art section.

This one reminds me of "Spiderwebs" :
gstef20copyrt54657375.png

gstef20copyr6t45.png
This one was done a little differently. After adding the texture/pattern, I clicked on the style pallete (where the color pallete is) and just started trying all of the different style swatches.

gstef20copy5.png
On this one, it was just a regular purple texture, but I took the eraser and dotted it to add a little more to it. :)

red light
clouds
initials
lighting on face
multi pastels

I made more, but I'll put them on my LJ later and post the link. :)

Last edited:
Nikki, I love the coloring on that first Tom Welling banner. And whose eye is that on the last banner?

I practiced the textures thing and the suggestions were a big help, so thanks for those. I used the Gwen Stefani icon base to practice on since it was already cropped (hope that's okay I needed something precropped to practice on cause if I used something I had to crop, I wasn't sure how it would turn out lol anyway). :lol: Then when I got the hang of it, I switched to a Natalia pic, cropped it and started texturizing it. :lol: The Nat ones are posted on the Miami icon thread in the fan art section.

This one reminds me of "Spiderwebs" :
gstef20copyrt54657375.png

gstef20copyr6t45.png
This one was done a little differently. After adding the texture/pattern, I clicked on the style pallete (where the color pallete is) and just started trying all of the different style swatches.

gstef20copy5.png
On this one, it was just a regular purple texture, but I took the eraser and dotted it to add a little more to it. :)

red light
clouds
initials
lighting on face
multi pastels

I made more, but I'll put them on my LJ later and post the link. :)

Those are wonderful, especially love the purple one with dots :)

Thanks for the words for the banners, I admit I drooled making Tom :p and the eye is Dean's eye from his flashbacks of hell.

Not the exact cap ^ :)

Hey folks. I need some help here from the creative minds of the board.....I've been looking all over internet land to find some fanart for Ben McKenzie (from The OC and now SouthLAnd)

Avatars, wallpapers.....anything. Anybody have anything or wouldn't mind creating some?

Would someone please be able to make me an animated icon from 0:54 - 0:57 on this vid, with the text *Gasp*, I would love you forever.

Many thanks,
Steph.

Those are gorgeous, GNRFan! You're definitely getting the hang of it ;) I think I like the red bricks one the most because it adds something very pretty, but still really allows Gwen to shine on her own. And since you're working on textures, have you checked out some of the more grungy, simpler textures on DeviantArt? I can recommend a few if you want.

Cathwillows, that is gorgeous! Wow! I kind of figured yours had to be, though, since the other icons you posted earlier as challenge rejects were also so stunning. Love the subtle lighting and coloring, and just... everything. How exactly did you create that icon, if you don't mind saying?

Something_wicked, the Wizard of Oz and Ben McKenzie icons are gorgeous! I love how many different coloring techniques you used in all of them! It makes the whole BK set that much more interesting. I especially love your crops on both sets. Your eye banners are amazing and creepy, but beautiful. The level of detail is :eek:

I have a few more that I made for the Misc. LIMS (somehow I keep missing the regular Misc. challenges :scream:). (Criticism is, per usual, very much appreciated, as is anything else.)

finalv8.png
hor27v1final.png
hor3.png

--> I have some more new stuff at my LJ.

Cathwillows, that is gorgeous! Wow! I kind of figured yours had to be, though, since the other icons you posted earlier as challenge rejects were also so stunning. Love the subtle lighting and coloring, and just... everything. How exactly did you create that icon, if you don't mind saying?
Thanks a lot!!! Of course I don't mind. If I remember correctly, I just duplicated the base, set it to screen and set the opacity lower so it's only lighted a bit. Then I used Selective Coloring and changed the color a bit...probably reduced the blues und enhanced the yellows in the reds and yellows and then enhanced the blues in the neutrals...if that makes any sense :lol: I probably did that twice...you have to play around with that though. Then I duplicated the merged version and pasted it, desaturated it and lowered the opacity a bit and moved it up and to the right. Then I added a round red gradient and set it to lighten at about 20%. That's it :lol:

Your icons are awesome btw!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back