Other Fandom FanArt #4-Showcase & Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are two icons I decided not to send in for the LIMS

gstef20.jpg
Paramore16.jpg

Thanks Stee love those will definately use 'em :thumbsup:

I don't usually make text icons, but I gave it a go for you Soph, hope you like it. :D

2v9rkvt.png

Steph I can't see that icon since I'm on my dad's computer, he has tinypics blocked, could you upload it to photobucket pretty please?

Well this sucks ... was playing with a manip and made an animation, nothing fancy:

soldierf.gif

cathwillows so sorry, but I somehow missed your icons yesterday. Beautiful coloring, especially on the Paramore one :)

Last edited:
:lol: That's cute, Nikki. Who was he really hugging in that pic?

By the way, everyone's icons are great.

Last edited:

cathwillows, how do you add those textures to those bases? I'm not in the challenge, I'm just curious. I haven't quite figured out how to add textures in Photoshop yet. :lol: I can do patterns and gradients, but I"m not sure there is actually a texture feature in PS7 or if there is, I can't seem to find it. :lol:

Thanks :) * Tries to remember which episode that it's from * I'm sure it's from Tall Tales where Sam pulls one of the guys into a hug, believe it's the friend of the guy who got abducted by the alien ... Not good at describing :p and a cap.

Might be able to help you with using textures as well, all you have do do is paste the texture above the cropped picture you're using, play with the layer style (screen ... soft light, etc) to get your desired result, then use the eraser tool to erase the parts you don't want. To get textures, since I think you have a livejournal account check out This Community

cathwillows, how do you add those textures to those bases? I'm not in the challenge, I'm just curious. I haven't quite figured out how to add textures in Photoshop yet. :lol: I can do patterns and gradients, but I"m not sure there is actually a texture feature in PS7 or if there is, I can't seem to find it. :lol:

In order to add a texture, you save a texture from elsewhere (I'd recommend deviantart) and copy and paste the texture as a layer on top of your picture. You can then erase around the subject so that the texture doesn't overwhelm them. It's also always fun to play around with the blending options of the texture once you've added it (i.e. soft light, vivid light, difference, screen, etc.)

I did have a folder for textures after all. The problem is, I can't seem to find them in the photoshop menu. :lol: That's what I'm trying to figure out. :lol: I'll have to play around with it tomorrow. Thank you both for the info and thanks for that link, Nikki. :)

You're welcome.

A couple random things :shifty: all pretty much suck

bann5.png
bann9-1.jpg

bann12-1.jpg
bann38.png

never really do like my banners ... but ah well I'll share them anyways :p

I did have a folder for textures after all. The problem is, I can't seem to find them in the photoshop menu. :lol: That's what I'm trying to figure out. :lol: I'll have to play around with it tomorrow. Thank you both for the info and thanks for that link, Nikki. :)

No prob. They wouldn't be in the Photoshop menu. You'd have to open them as separate files and then copy and paste them. ;) The textures aren't separate Photoshop entities in the way that brushes and text are.

Thaks for the nice comments!

@ GNRFan - You can also just open a texture you like and then go to Edit --> Define Pattern. This gives you the opportunity to safe any texture you like as a pattern for later use. You can then select them like you select any other pattern.
The stuff everyone else said would work as well ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back