"One To Go" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

*gives you a cookie*

Beautifully said, and I think you've said what all of us are fumbling around. This is what we want. Grissom. Just Grissom.

2. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

*tear* Thank you :)

It took me forever. I just hope it gets my point across!

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yes, she was still in the main (opening) credits in both of those episodes. Both took place before she left the show. I don't understand why people keep saying she wasn't listed in the credits for these episodes. It was before she ever left the show and she was still part of the main cast until after the episode where she wrote Grissom that note and left town. The only thing that changed directly after Dead Doll is that Sara was moved to a different shift so that she wouldn't be working with the man she was romantically involved with (because that was against policy being that he was her supervisor).

As for whether or not she'll appear in this episode, we'll just have to wait and see. :)

4. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I so totally agree with all you said there, Kimbo. I don't want this to be about GSR/Anti-GSR. I think to end it on a GSR note would be VERY disrespectful to the character of Grissom. Honestly, it's not just Sara leaving that's taken a toll, it's everything that has happened over the past year to two years. I honestly think that Warrick's death has had a much more profound effect than anything with Sara.

He's leaving. Everyone knows that. I want it to be in a manner that's true to his character. IMO, that's rather quietly, with little to no fanfare. I'd also like a little to be left to the imagination, and not burned into our eyeballs. I definitely think he'll leave Vegas, I'm almost positive he'll go back into teaching. That's what he loves, and that's what gave him a renewed energy boost in the middle of Season 7.

I do agree that if the focus is on GSR, that's all anyone will remember, and that's no way for his character to go out, for sure.

5. AimeeC

AimeeC Dead on Arrival

I think that what people mean is that before "Dead Doll" aired, when the press release was out etc, she wasn't listed in any of them in order to keep her fate secret. "A La Cart" I'm not so sure about, but I'm pretty sure thats what people mean when saying she wasn't listed in the credits.

6. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I'm going to quote you almost word for word because like Drumchik said, you have captured what most of us want to say about Grissom's leaving.
    I am a Grissom fan. It's hard to explain how I feel about him leaving.

You got the idea over the past few seasons that he isn't into his job any more. He doesn't have the same passion and desire that he once had. Either it's because he's done, he doesn't want to be a lone scientist. He's lost the spark, the crimes and what people do to each other are too much for him. For whatever reason, Grissom is hanging up his lab coat and walking out the door.

I'm not a GSR fan either. And not to spark a debate which this thread is known for. I want his exit to be just that.. his. But I do believe that Sara will be involved somehow. The writers put them together and kept them together. Grissom played a part in Sara's depature. And much to some of our disappointment, Sara will be invloved with his. Weather it's they are together or that they say goodbye to each other, somehow that will be a factor. But again, that's my opinion.

7. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

My personal theory is that he'll be doing something related to bees. Recent articles on WP indicate that they started mapping out his exit in early season 7, and around that time a brief shot of a bee was added to the end of the opening credits (it had been there early on in the series, I think, but dropped out for awhile.) We saw Grissom excited about colony collapse disorder research in GTH and TCotCDC, and there was a glass with a honeycomb on it next to the bed in THP. So I think there are little clues here and there that he might be headed back into entomology and research.

I also think there's a very reasonable chance that his professional plans won't be addressed in this epi, but maybe his new career will be mentioned by one of the remaining characters in a later epi.

I think it's very possible, given the hints about this ep running over by a couple minutes, that we'll get the solo walk out of the lab, fade to black, and then a repoen to a final, brief scene that gives us an indication of what he's doing and who (if anyone) he is with. Which might work well for those of you who don't like the GSR ... if he ends up with Sara, you can just pretend the final part never happened and that he left on his own ;)

8. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I really don't want to continue this debate either; but I do believe that whatever we see for Grissom will be what WP wants. So I will respect his decision on the ending, whatever it is. It's his character, his journey, his final bow. With everything he has given his character, the fans, and the show over the years, we need to respect and accept that decision.

9. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Well said. I see no reason to continue debating this issue. It's like beating a dead horse and its getting us nowhere. Like Destiny said we won't know until the episode airs. So why waste time debating, speculating, and arguing?

10. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

CSI Magazine has been wrong so many times I can't count them on my two hands. If this does happen to be true, I would be highly surprised.

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Ah, okay. Thanks. I was starting to get a bit confused. :lol:

That's a good theory too. I had forgotten about the bee issue.

12. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

IMO the bee issue was supposed to be part of season 8 and may have played a part in Grissom leaving but the writers strike pretty much put an end to that. I don't look for it to come up again. According to the EW article the strike postponed a lot of things, GD was going to be killed off before the season ended & WP was supposed to exit at the end of S8, and other stories like the return of MCSK and Lady Heather as well. These things were all pushed to this season because of the strike.

13. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

on Tuesday at 7/8c Entertainment Tonight is doing a story on Grissom Leaving CSI, probably not a new interview of statements from WP, but it could be interesting :)

14. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

But it's not like he's changed that much. I don't think he'll be leaving his bugs behind or anything. He's an entomologist first, a criminalist second. If we're talking about the fictional character, he's just leaving a job amd a city, he's not leaving science behind. Probably he will get back to his roots and get in touch with his bugs, only without the death, tragedy and the serial killers going after him.

Eeeewww! but yeah, it'd be right for those little ones to guest star in "One to Go", along with the ants he spreads in his scrambled eggs (double ewww!).

15. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

thanks for the info.