"One To Go" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Nope that would have just been way to easy and predictable, and we know that, with me that only occures when I try to be. :p

2. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

:guffaw: At least you didn't threaten a hosing. :lol:

Ok, so Ausiello has stated the ending is a can't miss. Let's look at that, its 'can't miss', so that could mean quite a few things, many many possibilities, so I'm going to throw some of those possibilities out there:

Final scene scenerios for 'One To Go'

1. He goes to Sara :rolleyes:
    2. He shows up at Lady Heather's :lol:
    3. He's killed as he walks out the door or gets hit by a drunk driver and killed or, etc. etc.
    4. He goes to study Natalie and writes a novel
    5. Terri Miller shows up, divorced, and wants to try their date again.
    6. He stars as the host of his very own 'Bug' show on Animal Planet
    7. Becomes a teacher
    8. Warrick shows up and he's not dead :lol: and he and Grissom ride off into the sunset
    9. Him and Hank start walking in the desert, never to be heard of again
    10. He blasts off into space on a shuttle mission to study the effects of weightlessness on bugs
    11. He builds a cabin in the words and becomes a hermit
    12. Goes to study bugs all over the world and writes books about it
    13. Goes to Hollywood to become an Oscar winning movie actor
    14. He wakes up and its all been a dream :guffaw:

3. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

All sound like completely logical and reasonable explanations to me! ;)

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

speedy, you forgot to add these ones

An alien ship lands in front of the lab and Grissom figures out their message as a simple tune and he rides off with them to their planet.

As Grissom walks out the back of his head opens and we find out he's been a robot all these years!

I'm kidding..

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:lol: I like this one! Reminds of the news story I read where they took a spider in space and it was so confused by the change in gravity that it built a web all around the whole entire tank it was in to stop itself from bouncing around. :lol: Who knew spiders were that smart? :lol: I guess Gil did! haha!

Seriously though, I really do get the feeling that the last scene might be Gil finding out Natalie's killed herself. Whether he finds out by phone or by actually going to the prison to visit her, I dunno. I could be wrong, but the way the last ep she was in ended just begs for them to pick up on it. It wouldn't make much sense for them to do it without Grissom being there, so...

Whatever they do end up doing at the end of the episode, we'll just have to wait for Thursday to find out. But, I can't wait to see the ep. I'm really excited for it. Especially for the Grissom/Greg and Grissom/Nick scenes. :D

6. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Yeah I think that's the point why a lot of people don't want his last scene to be with Sara. Their relationship may be part of his life, yes, and probably a quite important part, but it's not the only part. His life doesn't revolve around Sara or their relationship. He is much more than that and we want his last scene as a series regular to be about HIM and him alone.

But I um, guess I'll stick to Catherine's advise back in season 1: Expect the worst. :lol:

7. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Honestly, when Grissom Leaves, the way I'm hoping it happens is that he just goes. No fanfare, no cake in the break room, no nothing. He gets into his car and starts to drive...

I agree with the other people who've posted about not wanting it to be a clicheed moment, or something typical, which would be him running to Sara's arms or Sara coming back for him. IMO, in "Leave out all the Rest", the video she sent him seemed to be pretty final in breaking things off with him. Also, just for the record, I don't want him going to Lady Heather, either.

I like the idea of him eventually going back to teaching, or even buying a Body Farm, and running experiments there. That would be truer to his character than a happy, romantic ending with Sara. I don't want cake in the break room, either. I liked the way they were doing it in the last episode: little, private moments with each member of the team on what he's meant to them. Sara can be mentioned, fine, as she should be, as Warrick should be, but only for sake of continuity. They were both huge parts of the team for a lot of years, so it's only fitting that they should be mentioned a la "Sara had the right idea getting out when she did." or "I really miss Warrick, and it's hard to do the job without the team intact."

The reason I get so snitty about it is the fact that some of the people are SO ADAMANT that Sara will be coming back, when she's not even in the credits, or listed in the guest cast. It then gets crammed down our throats when all the majority of us want to do is enjoy the show for it's own sake.

For what it's worth, Jorja Fox is not listed in the cast listing on IMDB, either. And Yes, she was listed in the Main Credits for "Dead Doll."

8. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I just thought of what would be a good ending for them to show: Grissom riding a rollercoaster with a smile on his face. Normally when he'd ride one, there was an absence of a smile. It was like he was just feeling it, but nothing else. This time, he'd be content with his decision to leave CSI and he could have a smile on his face while riding the roller coaster. :) Or maybe the ending will be him going to visit Warrick's son.

10. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Hadapurpura what your suggesting is just one interpretation. It is a blanket statement that can't really be used in my opinion. Grissom has ALWAYS been a lone man, and him leaving by himself would be him coming full circle.

All I ask is what would you suggest? Him running down the hallway and meeting Sara at the end? They walk hand in and hand out the door? I just don't see how that does Grissom justice...

11. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

But him leaving alone doesn't mean he hasn't evolved. It depends on how they do it, I guess. As much as I'm not a fan of GSR, I don't think I'd mind if they show us somewhere in the episode that Grissom can share his life with someone else and that someone is Sara. I just don't want it to be his last scene because I don't want his exit and his desire to make a change in his life to be overshadowed by that. Personally I'd like to see them show him teaching or traveling, or just having a good time regardless of what he's doing. I love GNRF's rollercoaster idea. :D

If Sara does appear in the last scene, though, I hope the senario is he goes to see her, they say their final goodbyes and go separate ways. Wishful thinking, I know, but it doesn't hurt to wish, does it? :lol:

12. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

Before I begin, I want to let you know that I'm very drunk right now, so I don't know if what In say will make much sense tomorrow. No need to say, everything is IMHO.

ITA. That's the goodbye I want as well. I don't want a cake in the breakroom either. Better a private moment with each cast member who matters to him (by that I mean I won't get mad if he doesn't get a private moment with Riley, for example) than a goodbye party that feels ankward and forced.

One doesn't exclude the other.

Was she listed in A La Carte prior to the airing of Dead Doll? (no, I really don't remember).

But coming full circle isn't always what's best for the characters. Of course, everyone it's entitled to his/her opinion. IMHO, coming "full circle" isn't what's best for Grissom because it would mean he's completed another cycle as opposed to hitting a milestone and doing something to change the way he lives (and he REALLY needs to change the way he used to live). He's supposed to be different now from then, he's supposed to have learnt something. Coming full circle would, in other words, mean he's back to where he was at the beginning and all this was for absolutely nothing.

Well, his final scene being with Sara (in San Francisco or somewhere else, I don't think they will reunite at the lab) would make Grissom justice in the sense that he would be like the Tin Man who gets his heart at the end or something like that. Could he end up alone, as he has almost always been? Sure, but that lonely life he used to live wasn't a good life. It's been a safe life, but not a good one. It's sad, there's no other way to describe it.

That's right, except what could be the change in his life? He's already traveled, he's already taught, he's already worked. In his life there's only one thing missing, and that thing is love and a family of his own. He has done everything in life except that. He can always find another job, he can always travel somewhere else, he can always find another group of eager students but truth is (in all honesty), Sara is his one chance at true love. If he doesn't take it, chances are he will die to be mourned only by his maggots and spiders.

Then again, teaching, traveling, doing whatever he wants and reuniting with Sara don't exclude one another. If for some reason, GSR wasn't going to happen, I'd prefe the option of him going to visit Warrick's son or something like that.

13. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ You made perfect sense. lol.

Again, I guess it will depend on how they do it. Maybe there are still things he can change in his life, maybe not. We don't know until the episode airs. All I'm trying to say is that I think if Grissom's last scene is a reunion with Sara, that's probably the only thing people are going to remember about his departure, and not the whole concept of how he wanted to change, etc., just like how the last scene of Way to Go took all the focus of that episode which should have been what had happened to Brass and how he survived, and I don't see that do Grissom justice as Sara isn't his everything.

And I think I'm done with the topic. I've said everything I can say about it. lol.

14. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I think his last episode he should at least have a chocolate grasshopper. It's been too long since we've seen them. I can see him wandering out of the lab chewing on one of those :D

15. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I agree with everything you said, but the ending scene, IMO, should be where he spent most of his time. I feel that this is a character we have seen for nine seasons. Nine years of a character building up into this one defining moment. His moment where he literally walks out of the lab, and based on some new spoilers, may not return soon anyways. The old Grissom, a guy who was more interested in things with eight legs, rather than two. Someone who would rather, read up on bugs and study weird plant phenomena than spend time with people. This character is part of what made this show the way it is now. His quirky statements and useless quotes. All of that is what made him the Grissom he is now. So to say coming full circle means everything was for absolutely nothing, seems kind of short sighted.

I don't want this to turn into a GSR vs. Anti-GSR convo, because it has happened too many times, and people are getting awfully bent out of shape about it. I'm not Anti-GSR. I'm really not. I'm Anti-GSR-being-shoved-down-my-throat-by-certain-powers-that-be-that-shall-not-be-mentioned. But the fact of the matter is, I, and some other Anti-GSRers, want this to be a milestone too. We want it to be about The bugman leaving his bugs behind. He's leaving a HUGE part of his life behind, to begin antoher I'm sure, most likely with Sara. That's fine. That's not my problem. My problem is that WP is leaving. His character of Grissom will never be replaced. A character that was once so brash, (and believe it or not, some of us still like him that way) is now turning into a potential love sick puppy, tripping over his tail to figure out what to do with his life. Should he stay in Vegas, or leave?

This is a disgrace to the character formerly known as Grissom. The Grissom we once knew and loved, has changed. It happens , its realistic, but not exactly what is right in my opinion.

I think I'm done...