Once Upon A Time

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by jafox, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

OMG last episode was sooo good :D!! Also loved the episode with Madhatter; they surprisingly made him attractive in this show :)! I wonder if Emma is finally starting to believe in the whole fairy tale thing, even just a little teensy bit, now that she's reading the book ;)!

I agree with what you said about Snow, Luvspeed. It was really sad what happened to Daniel, but still, why didn't Regina take her anger out on her mother? She's the one who abused her and ended up killing him! Either way, it's interesting that Regina became just like her in the end.

"Skin Deep" is probably one of my favorite episodes too :). I really hope we we get to see Belle again, and I agree, Rumple's going to be soooo pissed when he finds out!!

2. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

you never know, we might see her soon. especially with the preview for next episode where Regina accuses Mr.Gold of "breaking a deal"...here's hoping!

just curious, does anyone have a theory about who August is? i've heard all kinds of theories like he's Gepetto or Pinochio(which i really don't believe):guffaw:. others i've heard are that he is Peter Pan who got stuck in the real world when visiting Wendy, and the other is that he's Baelfire. i kinda like these theories, but i want him to be Baelfire sooo bad! :scream:

your thoughts?

3. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I'm leaning toward Baelfire, especially after seeing the promo for the next episode. But I'm not sure 100%.

4. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

i'm still trying to figure out how Emma is supposed to break the curse. what will happen if everyone got their memory back? will they still be stuck in Storybrooke?

5. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

Well, we didn't see Baelfire die, even though rumpelstiltskin said he "lost him" so that is a possibility. That would be really interesting to see :) :)!!!

good question, Luvspeed. I keep wondering if it's going to have to be more than just regaining their memories to defeat Regina.

6. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

Two thought just came to me:

1) you know how we find out in the ep. "Skin Deep" that True Love's Kiss can break any curse? Well I was thinking about Emma and Graham, when she kissed him and he remembered everything. Was that True Love's Kiss at work? That would suck if it was cuz that would mean Emma's True Love died:(.

2) The next fairy tale character I want them to start showing are characters from The Princess Bride and the Swan Princess.:thumbsup:

Random thought, I know. But it's something I thought might be interesting to talk about.

7. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

A great episode last nite; it seems that Rumpel is in the center of all my favorite episodes. Definitely the most interesting and complex character on the show, IMO.

Well, we know more about the curse, and we know who August isn't. After last night I'm leaning more towards the theory that he's Pinocchio. And, I'm certain Baelfire is still alive...somewhere.
    Can't wait to see the showdown between Emma and Regina. I think the build-up to the finale is going to be awesome! :thumbsup:

8. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

Even though August isn't Bae, that scene where Gold was saying he was sorry really made my heart break. amazing job, Robert Carlyle:thumbsup:.

I still don't like the Pinocchio idea, but he probably is. i hope that next season we see Bae all grown-up, i really want to know what happened to him. i also wonder: if the curse was made for the purpose of finding Bae, why is Rumpelstiltskin helping Emma? if she breaks the curse then he goes back to Fairy Tale Land...unless the curse will leave him behind:confused:?

more questions than answers but that's why i love this show, i get to use my imagination!:lol:

9. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

You know, I actually found that episode a bit blah overall. It was sort of obvious from the beginning that something was up, and August wasn't going to end up being Bae. The backstory was good to see, of course, but I didn't really feel any surprise at all when August was an imposter.

10. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

So...how about Emma refusing to believe? Gosh she made me so angry! What is it going to take for her to believe?! Grrr...I feel bad for August though. I can't blame him for leaving Emma, he was just a kid.

11. BabaOReilly

I don't think she's refusing to believe... it's just, well... would YOU? They're asking her to believe in fairy tales after all. I think I'd find it easier to believe in aliens! :lol:

Actually, I was trying to figure out why August thought that by showing her a tree with a hole in it, she'd automatically believe in all of it? And the fact that he was the one to find her- it's not like that would be out of the realm of possibility; plus, it wouldn't have been impossible to find out what had become of her and track her down. I gotta admit, I was counting on him showing her something a little more revealing somehow.

Anyway, I'm wondering if she'll finally get the idea that it could all be real when she tries to take Henry past the town limits... ;)

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yeah I don't find it too astonishing to understand why Emma doesn't believe. They are telling her her parents are Snow White and Prince Charming among other things. It's not exactly something you just accept. What I thought was very dumb to do was to take the kid and leave. That's just not smart at all. Love that August is Pinocchio :). His is a great character and the last scene with him and his father was great to watch.

Oh and the Regina/David thing was weird. I am still not 100% sure if she was doing it to get between him and MM or if she genuinely feels something for him. IMO it could go either way.

13. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

LOL. Well put.
    And also, you have to remember how cynical and jaded Emma was in the beginning. I hope we see some of Emma's real childhood; clearly she has abandonment issues, and probably other not-so-pleasant experiences. I think it will take a miracle of sorts for her to believe.

I liked this episode.
    I liked the CGI with the whale and the wooden Pinocchio. Well done. I do wonder, though, why they cast a red-headed, fair-skinned freckled boy to play him, when as an adult he is dark complected with deep black hair? That's probably why his father didn't recognize him. :lol: He looked like a young Rupert Grint, from Harry Potter.
    I'm not entirely sure why he is now changing into a wooden boy again. Did I miss an explanation? I know the fairy said he would remain 'real' as long as he was honest and unselfish, but it seemed he failed that test 20+ years ago.
    I'm curious to see how his story plays out. I liked his final scene with his Geppetto.

14. BabaOReilly

Oh man, that bugged me too! The red headed, freckled kid turned into August? I mean, did they even have the same colored eyes? Such an odd choice. :p

15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

He said that he knew Emma had entered Storybrook when he felt the pain in his leg. So like other things were set in motion when Emma appeared, so was his turning into wood fo not being honest. Since it has to do with magic and the fantasy world it needed the Emma trigger.