Once Upon A Time

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by jafox, Oct 22, 2011.

1. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I just watched the episode, and wow the Rumplestiltskin (my spell check constantly tells me it's spelled "RumpELstiltskin" but it was written on the dagger "le") stuff actually made me cry. I felt so bad for him, it's not even his fault he's bad. He just wanted to save his son and he was tricked into it. :(

I'm glad Emma won the election thing, but now I'm wondering what he's going to have her do. I still miss Graham, and I want to see more of Mary Margaret/David and Snow/Charming lol.

2. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

The thing with this show is that the characters are so good that you just wish you could see all of them all the time. But since there are quite a few of them and different stories being developed, that's not possible. Well at least I feel this way :). I really want to see Little Red Riding Hood's story. Her and granny always intrigue me.

It really is a shame we lost Graham. He was a great character.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Just saw a preview for the upcoming episode. They said something about "beauty and the beast" which confused me, but then I realized they were talking about Rumplestilskin being "the beast". But it showed a woman in a red hood and said "Emile De Ravin guest stars". I thought the girl in the hotel was Red Riding Hood? I'm confused now LOL. I haven't watched all the episodes, so that may be why I'm confused lol.

4. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Rumple is the beast, Emile De Ravin is beauty, and Red Riding Hood is the girl in the hotel. This next episode is about Beauty and the Beast.

5. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Is it me, or does this show keep getting better and better?
    This last episode with the twist on the Beauty and the Beast storyline was incredible. I loved the darkness of this one. Rumpel and Belle as soulmates?? I wish they had spent more time developing the relationship, but still, wow. Hopefully, we'll get more later. I'm sure this storyline is just getting started. Lost alum Emilie de Ravin was a lovely Belle. It was good to see her again.

The scene at the end between Gold and Regina: priceless. Now we know who the players are and I can't wait to see how it unfolds.

Loved the allusions: I expected Angela Lansbury to show up and start singing with 'Chip'!
    The single rose (Gaston).
    'Game of Thorns Florist'. LOL.
    And the queen mentioned a 'mermaid'.

And, can this curse over Storybrook be broken with true love's first kiss???

Great episode; awesome show!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

jafox you took the words out of my mouth. So my post is basically everything you just wrote lol. I loved, loved this episode and it definitely keeps getting better. I also was sure this episode had to be written by Jane Espenson so I looked it up and yep it was her. She was one of the writers of Battlestar and wrote one of my all time favorites episodes on that show.

At first I was a bit disappointed that they decided to use Rumple as beast because I had no idea how that could work out but I was pleasantly surprised. It made sense and I ended up loving the idea.

7. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

OMG, I'm loving this show soooo much :D!!!

I know it's a little late lol, but yes, that would be cool if they explored the rumplestiltskin/belle relationship a little more. I was also skeptical at first before watching that episode for the same reasons, but it surprisingly worked; the episode was great, and I liked watching the relationship between them. I'm actually starting to think of Rumple/Mr. Gold as a more complex character than a main villain. Maybe because I still feel bad for him after I saw the episode where he became "evil".

last two episodes were great too. I'm still a little mad at David for setting Mary Margaret up (well he didn't do it intentionally, and I know he didn't want to hurt anyone, but c'mon he still shouldn't have lead Catherine on).

I actually found the little romance between Grumpy and Nova kinda cute, a little odd but cute. I kept seeing a little bit of Fred from Angel in Amy Acker's character (the actress who played Nova).

8. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I am still enjoying this show but... it's time for some overall arc stuff. I am enjoying the individual character stories, for sure, but I'm thinking it's time for some more stuff to start happening regarding the overall story. If that makes sense...

9. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Loved Red's episode!!!! It had such a great twist. Thought it was well written it wasn't cliché (like I thought Dreamy's/Grumpy's episode was) and the acting was great. They also left us with a new mystery... what's causing David's blackouts? What exactly do they mean? Oh and it was great that Red knew Snow as Mary.

10. BabaOReilly

Yeah, a really good episode for sure- one of the best ones so far. :)

Although I hope they've revealed everyone they need to now, and we can start getting into the overall arc more.

11. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

my favorite episode so far is "Skin Deep" the Rumpelstiltskin/Belle episode. he is going to be sooooooo angry when he finds out Belle is still alive. i don't understand why he believed Regina in the first place, she lies all the time and she's the Evil Queen for a reason :)

12. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Another great episode with the Mad Hatter. He was certainly more handsome than what I always pictured. LOL. And we're getting all these backstories with people getting separated from their children. It does make for good drama.

I like how they keep showcasing characters from completely different fairytale stories and relating them back to Regina and the Evil Queen's curse. It's certainly creative and entertaining.

This series continues to impress. :)
    I'm looking forward to see how this season concludes and what will be the direction next season.

13. BabaOReilly

And we finally know why Regina hates Snow! Jeeze, hold a grudge lady, or what? :lol:

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I absolutely loved little Snow!! I was really impressed with how much they looked alike and that the girl even made the same expressions as the adult Snow!! She was really great. The episode was also really good and it was amazing how Regina snapped and we could tell just by looking in her eyes. Loved it!

15. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

i think i'd be mad a Snow at first. but you can't blame her she was just a kid, she didn't know better. if you're gonna hold a grudge with someone it should've been with Cora.

did anyone else catch Cora's speech where she talked about all the "Deals" she's made? I wonder if Cora made and "deals" with Rumpelstiltskin...hmm...