Numb3rs

Man I wish I wasn't spoiler free, those boxes are calling to me. What does spoiler free mean anyway, does it mean you don't read spoiler boxes? Or does it mean you don't read ny stories and watch the promos?

Numbers Rocks

Spoiler free means you want to wait for the episodes to air rather than learn any secrets coming up on the show. In other words, you don't want anyone spoiling the fun.

Sometimes some shows or even upcoming movies give away more in the promos that they should. Of course, things in promos may change or not even show up in the final edit.

That is true, because the preview for one of the pirates, the word that Will Turner said was Never mind Let's go and in the movie it was Time to go. I am going to watch the promos because I don't consider them spoilers. I am spoiler free.

The alarm at a fancy bank in Beverly Hills goes off several times in what security and the police believe are false alarms. Two men are secretly breaking into the vault, having forced the alarm each time. Once the FBI is called in, they question a man who admits to having a half million dollars worth of untraceable South African gold coins in his now empty safety deposit box, but he won't talk anymore until he gets a lawyer. They question another man who deals in antiquities who also had his box emptied who tells them he'd rather lose his money then answer their question. The team continues to question others about their now empty boxes and items that were recovered to find the culprits, learning that the thieves may have taken what they believed to be in the wrong hands and returning it to the correct ones. Megan speaks with Larry about leaving the monastery.

Yay! We're alive! Seriously, I thought this thread has been removed or something like that, because I couldn't find it! Well, it is nice to have been resurrected, isn't it? :D

sidlewannabe, I love your icon! Go Tonks!

Sweden has (finally!) started showing S3 and I am in heaven at the moment. Ok, so I missed the premiere. And Larry and Megan kissing! :eek: Do not worry, they are still my precious OTP. :lol:

I think we are getting episode 10 next Friday if I remember it correctly. So, no Larry or Megan for a while. :( Ah well, I am really enjoying their moments. All the talk about "structure" is making my shippy insides go eeeehhh! :D

And Diane Farr's pregnancy is so obvious that I am having problem taking the episode seriously. Come on, trained investigators and they can't see that their co-worker's waist has miraculously gone from flat to beachball-sized? I know, I am overanalyzing it, but I think it is hilarious.And besides, pregnancy suits her. Which is why she and Larry should have a kid. :D

Lol at the first episode description. We were talking about 24 on this page, mainly about Peter MacNicol's character on the show and the possible appearance of Jack Bauer, and then this. 24 indeed! Why can I all of a sudden picture Colby in the role of Jack Bauer yelling: "We're running out of time!" Heh. Also, yay for Megan talking with Larry about leaving the monastary, of which I actually know nothing about (coming back to that later).

Le sigh. I love these spoilers.

My mother commented last night when watching Numb3rs with me, that Larry and Megan was possibly the oddest pair she'd ever seen on television, but that they were kind of cute. Go Mom!

Random commentary on episode 9 (?): Charlie's hair looked nice. Golden star, 5 out of 5, thumbs up kind of nice. Also, Larry with a pillow.

Also, I hate Millie. I loathe her for stealing our precious Alan. I love the woman playing her and her character has a nice, solid background and purpose. But we ain't clickin'.

*goes of to write fan fiction fueled by the spoilers above*

I think Larry and Megan do make a cute couple. He is a little nerdy and I sometimes think she could do better but he is very smart. I can't see Megan with anyone else.
Thanks ElinWaffle I love Tonks, she is awesome.

I think Larry and Megan do make a cute couple. He is a little nerdy and I sometimes think she could do better but he is very smart. I can't see Megan with anyone else.
Thanks ElinWaffle I love Tonks, she is awesome.

Agree. Can't see Megan with anyone else than Larry, either. I just love them and their slightly disfunctional relationship. ;)

When does the premiere air? I got to be ready, you know. :lol:

Ahh! *Brutus' was on tonight and I watched it! KIIIISSS!!!
:eek:

(Note: I haven't seen Two Daughters yet so naturally I haven't had a kiss either, until now.)

So darn cute! The whole Larry-going-into-space-story line is making me happy though the perspective that my favourite character is leaving should make me a bit sad. Well, it doesn't. I just love the whole happy!Larry and then angstridden!Larry. It is a great build up.

And I loved Megans clothes when she and Larry came in to tell them that he is leaving Earth. Seriously, props and costuming? You are all forgiven for the very badly hidden pregnancy, just give Megan more lovely outfits! :D

Loved the character-development in this episode. Starting with Charlie:

He is pretty much in denial about the whole ISS-mission Larry is undertaking. David Krumholz makes such a convincing portrait and conveys Charlies feelings and emotions perfectly. He is like a naive child repeating to himself: "I've known Larry Fleinhardt for over 15 years. He is not going anywhere." Charlie is so sure about this, because he believes that he knows Larry. But Larry has changed a lot over 15 years. And especially over the latest year when a lot of things have happened in his life, namely meeting Megan and starting to question his life choises. Larry is no longer the teacher Charlie once had, he is more of an equal, a friend. I think that this has made Charlie a bit more un-obvious to Larry, and deep inside, I think he realised this. Bottom line is: Like a person who is told to be dying, goes through 5 stadges (Denial, Anger, Bargainning, Depression and Acceptance) through the entire episode, starting with denial to end with a heart-breaking scene with a tearful Charlie sitting going over photos of him and Larry .

Megan: Except that Diane Farr looks nice pregnant and that her maternity clothes are currently rocking my world? :p Megan displays a lot of happiness in this episode. She is happy for Larry and has appearently known about this for a while. However, I personally would have loved to see her first reaction to Larry going of to space, leaving her for 6 months. But I think the happy Megan fits better for the occasion, since Charlie is so depressed.I love her being supportantive and everything, and I love that we got a great ending scene with those two (KISS, PEOPLE!).It is not a Grissom/Sara goodbye we had in 'Leaving Las Vegas' with a simple I'll miss you." But a full blown "Have my heart while I'm gone" kind of goosbye ending with a "We should lean a little more forward..."-kiss. I just love the dynamic between those two.

Amita: Ok, let me make this clear: I am not a Charmita person, but I have no problems with it. :D I loved Amita in this episode. I loved her being considerate of both Larry and Charlie and in a sense, taking the role as a mediatior between the two of them. Her scene with Charlie at the end was touching, but I think she knew all along that Larry was leaving. Amita knows him foremost as Larry as he is today, not as he was 15 years ago. And, being female, I can imagine her seing the differnces Megan and Larry's relationship has brought out his new sides.

I would write about why Colby utterly ruled this episode, but I am too tired. Will do it tomorrow.

David talks to a mob boss in the Federal Prison when a witness against him is murdered and her son injured. Don is involved with the family from sometime in his past, and makes Liz wonder about his relationship with the dead woman. Charlie has a book published and is embarrassed when first, female undergrads come up asking for his autograph, and second, when his dad buys multiple copies to send to everyone he knows.

From TV Guide online:

This Friday's ratings recap:

Numbers was the top-rated program of the night with 9.16 million total viewers, a 20-percent plunge from its year-ago season premiere. In a close second was Las Vegas, whose two-hour opener averaged 9.12 mil (just a hair off last year's).

When a man that worked for the Department of Justice dies from falling off a roof, the team follows a trail to an online game called Primacy, which has an "Alternate Reality" (or real life) side as well. They question a 67-year-old female game player about being up on the same roof. They also question a leather-wearing biker and an Asian business woman. Amita and Larry help with the investigation and Amita is threatened because of her involvement with the game. Charlie and Amita are [highlight if you want to be that spoiled... contemplating Amita moving in with Charlie.]

Tabu: A young woman, Ella Pierce, the "celebrity" daughter of a famous businessman, is kidnapped by the People's Nationalist Agenda, who leave a DVD for the FBI and LAPD to find. They tell the authorities that her father has to pay his debt to society or his daughter will die. After a young man is shot while trying to rob the house of one of Ella's classmates, the young woman that lived there tells them that Ella was involved and helped do the robbery, leading Don and Megan to assume that the kidnapping is a fake

What is thought to be a rare comic book worth tens of thousands of dollars is stolen and a man shot and killed. They comic is copied and the fakes are being sold as the original. David and Colby team up again, trying to catch the forger, who they learn is laundering the money from the forgeries. They arrest a man who bought the paper for the fake comics but the team realizes he is not the shooter nor the forger, just a member of the team involved in it all. They figure out the shooter is a bad guy the man they arrested met in prison

Back