Numb3rs

One Hour: The team, along with Liz Warner, rushes to help Che Lobo, whose son Jo was kidnapped by a man named Maloney. The case leads to a confrontation at the Staples Center.

If you happened to watch the latest CSI episode "Law of Gravity," you got to see actor Len Cariou play Frank McCarty, the one who knew Keppler. What you might not know is that he played Don and Charlie's dad, Alan Emrick, in an unaired pilot for Numb3rs before Judd Hirsch got the role of Alan Eppes. David Krumholtz played Charlie Emrick and Peter MacNicol was Dr. Larry Fleinhardt, but Gabriel Macht played Don Emrick.

Democracy: Rachel Lawton, a statistician specializing in demography, catches Charlie at the school. She seems on edge and scared when she tells Charlie that she needs his and Don's help. She gives him a paper with a list of names on it and tels him that 3 people she has worked with recently are dead and she believes whoever killed them will kill her next. The problem is, all of them have been marked as accidents or natural causes. Charlie isn't sure whether to believe her, until soon after, when Rachel is found dead and the coroner says she died from a non-accidental overdose of medication. The FBI soon lands on the doorstep of a local man running for public office. David and Colby talk with the 4th person from Rachel's list, Austin Parker, who tells them about a conspiracy to rig the voting in the election. They leave his car and watch as he begins to drive away when it suddenly explodes and is consumed in flames.

Pandora's Box: A Forest Ranger is out on routine fire duty when a jet from a company called Aerodyne crashes into the forest close to him. He drives to the crash site and is horrified to see the carnage. He is looking for any survivors when he hears a noise. When rescuers arrive, they find Phil dead of gunshot wounds. The FBI is called in and begin to investigate and they find the fingerprints of one of the Aerodyne IT workers, Mike Daley, on the tampered flight computer. He claims that John Wellner, the plane's mechanic, has him install software updates from the FAA, since he's small enough to fit in the nose cone, but they find that the FAA hasn't issued any recent updates, so they have to figure out what Wellner had Daley install. After digging into his background, they find that Wellner used to run a charter business in Florida and the DEA believes he had ties with a Salvadoran drug runner. But where will the investigation go when Wellner turns up dead?

Burn Rate: The FBI investigates a series of bombings that are linked to ones that put a young man named Jason Aronow behind bars. Aronow tried to blow himself up in prison but did not succeed. Later, they arrest one of the prison guards for giving Aronow bomb-making materials. They find that Aronow has been corresponding with his old teacher, Louis Glaser, who has been a suspect for the bombings all along. They are able to stop several bombs from blowing up using a robot and high-pressure water cannon, saving Jennifer Malloy, who has been working with Don and his team. Liz Warner is also in this episode.

The Art of Reckoning: Don goes with a man named Howard Meeks to speak with a man nicknamed Pony, who is being executed in a week. Pony, who was a hitman for the mob and is accused of killing the young son of a congressman, requested the meeting with the Feds. They aren't sure why he wants to meet with them. David and Meeks are running from two men who are shooting at them and David is hurt and bleeding heavily. Millie, Charlie and Amita watch the TV as the shuttle lands and Larry disembarks with the other astronauts.

Under Pressure: The team deals with a small group of terrorists who have cut their hair, shaved off their beards and forged I.D. cards from the United States Marine Corps. Colby and Don speak to a man named Kaleed Asan, born in the US with the name Timothy, who claims the upcoming attack in Los Angeles is God's will and they can't stop it. When 2 men, a father and son, collapse from exposure to Sarin, a deadly nerve gas, David and a man named Colonel Adams rush to the hospital expecting to find the terrorists but find innocent victims instead.

Money For Nothing: A semi-truck, bound for Africa and full of money and medical supplies, is hijacked by a group of gangbangers and 2 men dressed as policemen, all with weapons. Two real policemen driving by are shocked to see the group of gangbangers come hopping out of the alley, hands and feet tied in plastic restraints. They tell Don and David that 2 white guys set them up, tied them up, then left with the truck and 2 hostages. Don and Liz talk about making their relationship public and Don talks with the therapist, Bradford, about what he really has issues with: his brother Charlie.

The Janus List: Charlie tries to help a nurse guard a man named Ashby from another murder attempt after the man already survived a poisoning attempt. He is killed after a man follows Charlie and the nurse pushing the man's gurney. Charlie is rescued and the killer is caught. Don learns that the CIA is involved and he is unable to arrest the man he believes sent the man to kill Ashby. Megan is back from being away on assignment.

Okay the spoiler for the possible finale sounds really good. I haven't watched many of the recent episodes because of my job. Since I only can record one Friday night show at a time, I've kinda been recording Stargate Atlantis instead of Numbers.

What have you heard about it? I love it and stay up on the spoilers, but I heard something... and I was wondering if you heard anything on it?

The finale was amazing. If you weren't able to see it, take my advice and go download it on iTunes right now. It's so worth the $1.99, if oyu haven't seen it DON'T read any reviews/spoilers for the episode.

Now about the episode, I thought the beginning was perfectly acted by all. The scene on the bridge was edge of your seat, the actor who played the dying spy (don't the name sorry) was effectivelly creepy and for the short time he was acting he did a wonderful job.

I'm not usually a person who loves spy/espoinage type thrillers but this was an exception. To be honest I usually have trouble remembering who's who in a spy/espoinage thriller which is why I find them hard to enjoy. However this really was an exception because the plot never got too complex nor should it have in only a 45 minute show. The hidden clues that were being given to Charlie were interesting to watch him solve but the explinations never got too complex which I appricate.

Glad to see the Megan has returned at just a the right time, I thought how the writers changed her charcter suddenly was well done, some times that technique works and other times it doesn't. They were definietly doing that in order to make us suspicious of her, I have to say at least for me it worked a little.

Could you all believe that Colby was a spy for the Chinese? I wasn't surprised because of his trouble earlier in the season but hearing his name on the Janus list just caught me off guard.

With Megan's comment that she 'can't do this anyomore' does that mean Dianne is leaving the series or is her character just taking a sabbatical? If it's the former what abotu her and Larry. Personally I'm surprised we didn't see any Larry in the episode with Megan returning.

The shocking revolation about the team hopefully the show continuies with the storyline into next season and doesn't just forget about it, like some series would (ie CSI, CSI Miami). No offense but the CSI series don't exactly have great continutity.

I hope that next season they don't add in a new charcter right away to replace Colby, maybe work with Liz's xharcter some and maybe they won't even bother adding in a new agent.

Overall a great episode and very emotionally intense. I loved it and hopefully next season will be just as good.

I'm totally with you goldnhart. I'm still completely shocked.
I was really hoping it would be Liz. And that she would die. Man I hate her

Back