Now That Petersen, Fox, Dourdan Are Gone

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Re: Petersen, Fox, Dourdan Leaving *No Spoilers*

HMMM, I thought I saw alot of Nick and Greg in lasts week's ep. especially Nick and that's great, that they all get fair screen time as far as I'm concerned. I guess I'm the only one on the planet show loves admires and think's Billy is the top of the line:rolleyes: poor me. I wished he had more fans, poor guy:(

2. ilovegrissom

ilovegrissom Hit and Run

Re: Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions P2

I cropped it for space.
    The season 8 premiere had over 24 million viewers. We've seen the ratings go down because the show is getting older. but the ratings are amazing for any show, and much more for a show that had been on for nearly a decade.

I'll miss BP. It's so wierd, i missed Warrick's character so much during episode's 2 and 3 and now i don't. I guess i wasn't as attached as i thought i was. Maybe its because he's hardly mentioned anymore. It will be interesting how the show changes due to BP leaving. The cast chemistry in there new roles will be different. I just hope the tone of the show doesn't change.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2008
  3. Jacqui

Jacqui Police Officer

Huh? :confused:

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

My thoughts exactly Jacqui.:rolleyes:

From what I hear from a few friends, he's had a great turnout at his play..I don't think you are alone.

So I have to ask, when should a Lawrence Fishbourne/Dr. Ray Langston thread be set up? And does this thread close when it does?

5. Desertwind

I was joking, sarcarsm:rolleyes: He's "the man" and I will miss him "with every beat of my heart" Time will tell on the ratings. I know everyone I speak with are saying "CSI/Grissom" they go together, but his lovin' fans will patiently wait for his return[​IMG]

6. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

I think the show will go on without WP but right now, it's kind of impossible to say whether CSI will lose its #1 spot. it all depends on how TPTB are going to solve the whole thing. the internet polls, scientifically, have absolutely zero validity whatsoever, so i don't think we should even look at them and try to analyse them in any way. the main problem with internet polls is that:

1) people volunteer to vote themselves, and are not chosen randomly, which creates a bias - only those who have a strong opinion about something are actually going to bother and vote
    2) poll is available at only one website that is used by a certain group of internet users (who are a particular group already)

add a 3% margin of error and the data in that poll is absolutely useless.

I think CSI is going through a ER transition. there is an original cast that starts to get replaced one by one, and after a while there is no original characters left at all. i don't think Marg is going to stay longer than one more season. she is the next one to go, imo. we'll be left with Fishbourne's character, Riley, Nick, Greg, Brass, and Doc.

but that won't be for long either. i have serious doubts at how many original cast members are going to be left by the end of S10. i can just imagine those S11 credits: Eric Szmanda, David Berman, Laurence Fishbourne, Lauren Lee Smith, David Hasselhoff, and China-Doll. lmao

i'm not sure whether CSI will be able to remain on TV without the original cast. on one hand, yes, the evidence is the star. on the other, the original cast has been together for such a long time without replacements that it could prove hard to become ER or Law and Order.

ETA: des, i think sometimes you might be involuntarily causing some nagative comments towards Billy. i mean, when you say "he is perfect", everybody is like "no, he is not". :p i understand your love for the guy, i mean, i'm a huge fan, but sometimes comments that praise someone to heavens that are a bit exaggerated could have somewhat of a troll-effect. *shrugs*

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  7. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

David Hasselhoff!!!:eek::eek:

Cue the Pyscho shower scene music!!

No! No! No!!! Anything but...David Hassellhoff:eek:!!!

***runs of screaming!!!:eek::guffaw:

ETA troll-effect...may not have been directed at me..but I'm definitely not a troll..I've been on this board for quite while..just ask a beleagured Destiny.:lol:

8. Desertwind

Troll effect, HMMM, the Websters Dictionary description is as follows on this "word'

TROLL
    1.. 1..Sing in a rolling voice..2..fish with a moving line..3..Music round..4..an underground monster.. I don't see any relation, nor am I any of these:eek: raving about & admiring someone you adore on CSI and this description:confused:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  9. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

hahah, after Kevin Federline, everything is possible. :p

nah. ;) i'm saying this in general as i've observed over the years.

lmao, i don't know where you found those definitions. this is what i had in mind. i really don't think you're doing this on purpose, though. but sometimes it has a similar effect to trolling especially on general threads like this one.

10. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I will not be baited! But, I don't understand what a definition has anything to with this board, but while you're at it you should look up the word OBSESSED. Tell me what you find :thumbsup:...

But back on topic, CSI shall survive without him. Trust me. The others have fan bases that will support the show, regardless of who leaves. Even if my favorite character, Nick, died I would still watch the show.

I think it's ridiculous to say that the show can't survive without him. I believe that even avid watchers who have watched from the beginning are getting sick of WP. I like the man, but it's time for th eothers, including PG to shine.

11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Nick!!! :eek: NO!! Not my Nick. I will freak if they kill off Nick.

Then I would eat a pan of fudge brownies with whip cream and *sigh* be okay.

I remember when George Clooney left ER and I thought, "I'm not going to watch the show without him." But then they brought in the Croatian dude (sorry can't remember his name) and I thought. "Well! Well! Well! Who do we have here. Rawr!" And I watched.

Now when Noah Wylie left, that's when I stopped because it was just too much change for me and I hadnt really gelled with the remaining characters as much as I did with the others.

Yes, the characters are interchangeable but to a degree. ER went through changes steadily since season 1, but CSI remained steadfast to its characters throughout nine seasons and so to change all at once is a bit much for viewers, but let's wait and see what LF brings to the show. It might be interesting.

But I'll miss Billy too. I already miss Warrick.

12. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i don't think there is many people who are sick of Grissom/WP, as you put it. he is a likeable character who has quite a large fanbase, like many other characters/actors. there is no reason to put it on either extreme. he isn't God but he doesn't suck either.

i personally am his fan and i'm afraid that, with him Sara and Warrick gone, I might lose interest in the show whatsoever. i don't watch Miami, mainly b/c i think it's godawful, and if there is absolutely nothing else for me to do and my remote runs out of batteries, i might watch NY. i'm an enormous fan of Forensic Files-type like shows, though.

so to me, to watch a scripted show about forensics i have to like the setup and the characters. with CSI, i absolutely loved the team and that's what drew me in. but with my favorite characters gone, i prefer watching Dominick Dunn's show, Forensic Files and all the others on truTV. so yeah, i'll probably stop watching CSI after that 200th episode. i'll probably just lose interest in it.

13. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

When I say sick of WP, I mean sick of him hogging all the screen time. Yes the man is leaving, but come on. Enough is enough. Sure he is considered "the king" or whatever, but seriously. Have enough faith in the actors that are sticking with the show and have faith that they can support it. WP, GD, and JF all had their reasons for departing, but the remaining cast deserves credit as well. I'm sick of people saying that Without Grissom, CSI can't survive. He isn't the show. Although TPTB like to play it that way, he isn't.

14. Jacqui

Jacqui Police Officer

Darn skippy! The world could use a little more Brass.

I don't miss Sara. I liked her, but I don't miss her. I miss Warrick, but I first missed him starting back in late season 6 and season 7, when GD was either starting to go all goofy or was starting to do other projects (I don't know what the story was). The last coule of episodes Gary was in, let's face it - he looked like *ss.

As for Grissom - I like Billy Petersen and love his honest portrayal of this character, and he'll be missed. That doesn't mean that the show tanks. It's unfair to the many other incredibly talented actors on the show to say that CSI can't go on without Grissom. George Eads *can* carry the show (think Grave Danger and Gum Drops. Particularly Gum Drops). Marg Helgenberger, both Grissom's and Petersen's Number 2, has turned in brilliant work for the last eight and a half seasons, particularly with the Keppler story arc. Paul Guilfoyle knocked it out of the park with A Bullet Runs Through It. People who truly enjoy the show for what it is really about - the science - will continue to watch it, whether Grissom is there or not.

15. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Exactly. I mean, everyone is entitled to their opinion but I think it is rude to the actors and the writers who have invested the same blood, sweat, and tears into this show. They've broken their backs and did what they needed to do to get into character. Also, Greg, you know the lab rat turned CSI who is just getting screen time as of late? He is also a great actor. All the other actors are awesome.

I like WP alot. He's a great guy, but I think him leaving is a blessing in disguise. Now, the other actors of the ENSEMBLE CAST can get to shine and show off their talents. In the last nine season, the actors have cranked out almost 200 episodes, none of which were done by any one person, but by the entire group.

Nor do I miss Sara. I think that she was a nice character, JF is a cool person, but as for her character, not much of a fan. I will always be a fan of GD. He was underused and his character was often the butt of multiple jokes. But, in his last scenes as Warrick, he nailed it; he hit it out of the park. I can only hope that the give Grissom's character jusice by giving him a respectable exit, instead of having him slip on his tears.

TPTB should be a little upset with themselves if you ask me because they turned an awesome, wry character into...this. You can call it great acting. You can call him the king or the man or whatever you choose. But the fact of the matter is this show is about EVERYONE, not just him.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008