Now That Petersen, Fox, Dourdan Are Gone

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I am happy that it is working for you! :)
    As to your question it is mostly based on spamming, but also it includes the fact that if you went through and answered each post separately and those who hadn't been on line for most of the day would have to go through all those plus any others, and its time consuming to say the least because then they may do the same and so on. By the no double posting (multiple posting/back to back posting) you get it kept neatly in one post, it helps people to get right through it and respond, and it keeps the thread from being messy if you will. Bandwidth can be affected but not all that much. Other boards like allowing folks to post like that, this board isn't like that it is just easier to keep things straight and easy for people. Hope this helps. ;)

Well this thread is two parts, the first part I started (found on page & Post one) and the one in which you started on the subject of the three stars and their characters, and if the discussion is going well and is what we call a good discussion (ie no battles, name calling, me swearing before I open it lol) then why stop it. :p

2. scktwstdfrk

scktwstdfrk Victim

Thanks for the explanation. I'm on a phpBB and a Boardhosted board regularly and I find the sequential post and cascading indented posts by thread formats easier to follow than the VBulletin/Jelsoft boards, with all the thread/post imbedded linkages. This site is closer to the phpBB coded site I visit, though. However, no matter, if I want to play, I'll have to get used to a third style of board. No problem, I like a challenge. I appreciate the time you've taken. ;-) ttyl.

3. NightWitch

NightWitch Hit and Run

Why did they leave?

Hey, guys.

Does anyone know why Peterson, Fox, and Dourdan decided to leave the show? I was just wondering - seems like a plum job.

It's not the same without them anymore. :(

4. queenlynx

queenlynx Witness

Re: Why did they leave?

I think Billy and Jorja just wanted to move on to bigger and better things. I can't exactly remember why Gary left.

5. NightWitch

NightWitch Hit and Run

Oh, okay.

Thanks! :)

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Billy left because he wanted to go back into theater work. I don't know about Jorja. Gary's leaving I think had to do with some personal problems, though that hasn't been 100% confirmed. Some sources say he decided to leave and other sources say he was fired. No one knows for sure I don't think.

7. NightWitch

NightWitch Hit and Run

Oh, okay. But isn't Billy still a director on the show or something? Is he doing both theater and that?

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

He's still listed as one of the producers. Most of the time though that's just an honorary thing they do with the lead actors. I think Billy does hold a lot of power over there though. :lol:

9. NightWitch

NightWitch Hit and Run

Oh, okay. Thanks!

10. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

If anyone got this week's episode of TV Guide, there is an article about CSI surviving without Grissom. It shows the last ten episodes ratings. It only solidifies what I've been thinking this whole time; CSI will be fine without Billy/Grissom. They'll do great ;)!

11. NightWitch

NightWitch Hit and Run

Why - what were the ratings like?

12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Cool! Do you have access to a scanner so we can read it?

I knew they would survive.

Catherine, Greg and Nick have solid fan bases, both the actors and the characters.

Riley is growing in popularity and LF had a following of his own before he started CSI.

13. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I do not have a scanner :(. I'm sorry, but I'll copy it by hand.

The Numbers - CSI Survives Sans Grissom

"CSI is on the verge of solving one of TV's greatest mysteries: How long can a top-rated series thrive after its star departs? So far, the jury is still out. The audience for Laurence Fishburne's first solo CSI was slightly below the show's performance in the fall before the three episodes leading to William Petersen's departure. Fishburne's second week jumped on January 29, as ABC aired a Grey's Anatomy repeat. The CBS crime drama remains the most watched show on Thursday nights, but with Gil Grissom gone, Grey's will go back to winning the hour in the advertiser coveted category of viewers ages 18 to 49. And while NBC used to dominate Thursdays at 9pm in the Cheers/Seinfeld era, the Peacock's combo of the The Office and 30 Rock lags far behind CSI and Grey's in total viewers.

1/29/09 - 20.1 Million
    1/22/09 - 17.6
    1/15/09 - 24.3
    12/11/08 - 20.9
    12/4/08 - 17.5
    11/20/08 - 18.5
    11/13/08 - 19.1
    11/06/08 - 18.2
    10/30/08 - 19.1
    10/23/08 - 19.5
    10/16/08 - 19.3"

Courtesy of TV Guide

So, as we can see, the ratings are still normal. Yes, Grey's will win over the 18 to 49 demo, but that is to be expected. All that matters is that the viewers are still high, as some of us already know would happen.

14. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

That's really good that they are doing so well...I was hoping the show wouldn't suffer too horribly with <3Billy leaving/gone. Congrats, CSI!! :)

People are starting to like Riley? Wow...guess I have to start watching again cos the last time I saw her, oooh...she was immature and an impulsive little thing...bit of an idiot in my opinion, but perhaps she's had a chance to learn and calm down. Of course LF is doing well- he rocks anyways ;p I think the humbleness in which he took the position on the show and in the "lab" helped him immensely; having come in with any other attitude (like some other actors/actresses might have...Nobody in particular) I doubt reception would have been that easy, but again, congrats to everyone!

I'm going to see Billy in Blackbird in July, and I think seeing how happy he truly is in the theatre will help me deal better with him being gone from my beloved CSI. I'm really grateful I get to go and I'm even more grateful about the "theraputic" effect it'll have- a mini vacation with my best friend, seeing the man I admire and love so much, and seeing how happy he is :)

Kimbo08Thanks for the uplifting news!!

15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

It's hard to go up against a soap opera that appeals to all the romantics out there. I think CSI has done very well.

Thanks so much Kimbo08 for taking time to type that in.