Nick Song Fic Ch #8 - "Angel"- Now up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Smokey, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I've been reading all the comments and here's my two cents.

I haven't read the reviews yet, as I haven't read the stories, YET!!! I will, I promise.

However, as for reviews, I'm still learning so I welcome constructive criticism. These are short fics that have to be written in a short amount of time, so I think a lot gets left out.

As for Nick being out of character. I think, in order, for a writer to get better, you have to allow them to let their minds think outside the box. However, being out of character could depend on the type of story.

Though I'm no writer and that brings up another point. No one here are professional writers, so I think you have to take that into account, also.

As for grammar and spelling mistakes? Lord knows, I have to work on that and I am. My problem is more grammar than spelling, but typing errors do happen. ;) Whether a story has been beta'd or not, mistakes will happen and things will be missed. Even if I know a story has been beta'd, if I see a mistake, I let it pass. I have caught spelling mistakes, wrong usage mistakes and, even grammar mistakes in stories that have been written by the ones who are most critical about it. So remember that if you're rough on someone about those things. Not to mention in this day and age, with emails and instant messaging, grammar and spelling has gone out the window. I believe that a requirement to graduate college, a grammar course should be taken and passed. I wish it was when I was in college.

I mean, I've found those mistakes in published novels by the most experience authors, so you see, even those proofreads miss things. Oh and trust me, I'm sure there are grammar mistakes in this post. :lol:

Like I said, criticism is helpful. If not for people mentioning the 'tense' in my stories I wouldn't be so conscious of writing my stories in the past tense. Still working on that. :thumbsup:

Next quarter in school I'll be in Composition I and I'm looking forward to it. They sent a great reference book for writing and I've already been looking through it. I'm looking forward to this class improving my writing.

Well, that's my two-cents worth; which probably was more like $10 worth. :lol:

Yes, I know, read the stories and review. I will, I promise.

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Since some wanted a break and some didn't, I've come up with a compromise that you will find in the new thread. :)

I knew we would go WAY over 1,000 if we kept this one for a new challenge, so I went ahead and started a new one.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Closing thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.