'New York' Goes Bungee Jumping In 'People With Money'

CSI Files

Captain
In the third season premiere of CSI: New York, entitled "People With Money," the show will take a plunge over the Brooklyn Bridge.

According to CSI Files sources, Mac, Stella, and Lindsay investigate the death of Sam McFarland, whose body is found at the Brooklyn Bridge. An earring at the scene leads Mac and Stella to Carla Daniels, an adventurous girl in her 20s who was at the scene of the crime, but not exactly to murder Sam. Carla and her boyfriend have an affinity for bungee sex – which is exactly what it sounds like. Carla was arrested for burglary when she was 16, and Mac and Stella wonder if she was trying to rob again.

But Carla debunks their theory. As she and her boyfriend were getting ready to leave, she witnessed Sam climbing over the railing, bloody and calling for help. Carla maintains she was the one who called the police, she and her boyfriend picked up their things and left. She swears again she didn't hurt or steal from Sam: she was only there to have sex with her boyfriend as they both plunged into the East River at 100 miles an hour.

Further evidence leads the CSIs to the Lollipop Club, a high end strip club where Sam apparently spent a lot of his time. Mac and Stella talk to Dori Robbins, a pregnant stripper who makes a lot of money showing off her belly. Dori last saw Sam the night before, when he'd asked her to marry him. Dori is shocked to hear Sam is dead, and admits she was at the Brooklyn Bridge – that's where Sam proposed. Dori also informs them that three months before, Sam was trying to pay her money to stay out of his life. Stella wonders if that made Dori angry and Dori admits it did, but not angry enough to kill him, after all – why would she kill the father of her baby? Dori's argument is compelling, but the CSIs have learned to trust no one.

Meanwhile, Danny and Hakes investigate a murder at the penthouse of the Mandarin Oriental. Beverly May was 24 years old and the heiress of a fortune. She was found by her best friend Margo Deming, who tried to revive Beverly, but it was clear Beverly was already gone. Like most people with money, however, Beverly had a dark side that ultimately may have lead to the end of her short life.

"People With Money" will also see the introduction of a new detective. Jennifer Angell is described as, "young, bright, sees everything." The detective also has tattooed roses around her wrist, but despite her appearances she's all business. Jennifer has been training as a detective and in the episode will finally go solo. She'll be working with Danny and Hawkes.

Please note that the above plot details have not been confirmed by CBS, Alliance Atlantis or Bruckheimer Films, and until such time you should treat this information as you would any other rumour. The above information comes from early script drafts and the details of the episodes are liable to change before the episodes are shown.

"People With Money" is expected to air this September.<center></center>

I'm hoping that this new character will be a little bit more easy to like than Lindsay was. :x

I love girl detectives. After seeing the way Maka was, I'm interested to see how they'll write her.

Sounds okay, not of their best but not their worst either. The new Det. sounds interesting but what abotu Flack.

Yes, new girl, new girl, new GIRL :D

I wonder who she'll be paired up with all the time...And I also wonder how many name changes she'll go through. :p
But no mention of Flack, right? Is Jennifer gonna be the new Flack? I hope not.

I think that light season openers are always nice, I can't wait!

The CSI shows nearly always have a few recurring detectives as well as a main cast one. Possibly Flack is investigating the case with Mac/Stella, or he's still on sick leave.
What we're seeing now is likely extrapolated from sides used to cast guest characters. If Flack only appears on screen with main cast characters - for instance if Mac or Stella went to visit him in hospital or while he's on sick leave - then there wouldn't be any 'sides' mentioning him. (yes, I'm an optomist!)

edited because maybe it was wishful thinking that made me not notice L in the spoilers

Whoa...bungee sex? Anyway, I'm gonna be uber pissed if this new female character cuts in Flack's & Hawkes screen time. I mean, with the arrival of Lindsay it's already happening. Let's hope this third season is a promising one.

OMG, sounds good.

But I hope and pray that CSI:NY will not fall into the "new characters, not enough screentime for everyone" curse that befell the original CSI...

Ugh, a new character. Yay. what's the point? Lindsay was an Aiden replacement, but what's the deal with this Jennifer? I think she'll be like a Maka, or a Sophia on Vegas.

I don't like the new character already. Like Alyssa said, she sounds like Sofia -- not like I have a problem with her, really, she just took screentime off characters that I like better. I hope that doesn't happen with Flack. :(

Now if we can just make it through the episode without a single Danny/Lindsay scene I will deem the season premiere a roaring success.

I won't get down on the new cast addition since technically, Lindsay was the first unnecessary cast addition, and some seem to like to her, because in actuality Hawkes effectively replaced Aiden and then Hammerback replaced Hawkes. So, if everyone was fine with the cast addition last season what's so wrong with one more this season. I have a theory, but I'll keep it to myself for now.

Ali

I think Danny/Lindsay is sort of...immature. I mean, I used to like it. But that's before I realized, "Oh, they're shoving Lindsay on Danny because Aiden's gone." The whole ship just seems kind of forced. I still like it, though, the same way I like kids before they learn to talk.

Back