"Neverland" Discussion *SPOILERS*

It was a pretty good episode ,IMO. Like others said,it was not obvious who the killer was so it kept me guessing.And as usual when Brass is his usual sardonic self,I am pleased.And I am seriously liking Sara this season,she has toned down.It was good Greg willing to fight back until Catherine told him that he would be working with her.I will give it a 9 overall.

I thought it was sad and touching. To me it was a bit like CSI of previous seasons.

The case was simple yet you didn't know who the killer was until the end.
The setting was creepy. Young men trying to grow up too fast instead of staying in Neverland where kids never grow up. I thought the title was perfect for this episode.

I give credit to Nathan Kress. All I've seen him on has been iCarly and that silly movie he did with Christopher Meloni. :wtf:
He played a 14 year old young man struggling with growing up so well.

This episode sort of had a Fannysmakin feel to it. Young people caught up in what they think they should be doing, societal standards of what younger teenagers should and shouldn't be doing (ie; riding bikes to catch lizards)

I really enjoyed this episode. I hope there are more like this one in the rest of the season.

No that was definitely not Lenny Kravitz, that I know for sure.

Am I the only one who got a flash of Gary Dourdan for a split second? Just for the first glimpse of the dad, then the camera went to another shot, and then back to him. I knew it wasn't, though, because they would definitely not pull something like that, no matter how bad the show might get.

neverland i give a 7.8/10, it wasn't my favorite but certainly not horrible

story was fairly interesting and i didn't quite have 'who dun it' and all figured out, i knew of course the other 2 boys had something to do with it and the security guy was too friendly

the prisoner that said haskell says hello sent a little bit of a chill down my spine

not enough greggo but whats new and i hope the new episodes next month make up for that, other than that the screentime was pretty even and brass even got a little more screentime

i wouldn't mind seeing the lawyer lady again, she could certainly keep things interesting next time one of them has to go to court

Last edited:
My review of this episode, Thank goodness for notebooks~ Interesting and as always many twists and turns.

Nick, Doc and Brass discovering the dead boy, what happend and why" dried blood under his nails, find a compass, pocket knife, music and snacks, like he was going on a trip, and Nick says to Doc on remebering being 14, and Doc goes what did you want to be at that age"? Nick goes "15", and the music starts~

Greg and Ray going over Will's computer and finding a site about old mines and ghost towns in and around Las Vegas~

Cath interogating Will's mom, mom didn't check on him when she came home from work~ She was stunned of course~

Mr. Lieferd the libriarian, interogated by Ray who insinuated he might be a pedophile, but he wasn't~

Nick with Mason, Wills friend, and Sara with the other one Her sharing her memories growing up "If I had of had a magic potion to make me grow older faster" He pukes, she suspects Tequila "A Tequila man huh Steve"~

Hodges finds green fibers from a 1970's cadillac.. Archie on the computer finds a name "blackchip"~

Wendy to Nick "blood under Will's nails came for a prison guy named Simon Rose, who was still incarcerated, and couldn't have had anything to do with this:confused: He was found guilty of murdering his wife Samantha, but still claimed his innocence and his attorney got on TV and said the blood was another frame up, yada-yada-yada~

Sara with the team [lordie she's pretty] talking about this old crime and Ray asking questions~

One insight, I was wondering about through this ep. was how they worked with Grissom their beloved boss and mentor, for 9 years but never bring him up, like "I sure miss him" or "I wonder what Grissom would think or do" It's as if the writers have just brushed him under the rug like he never existed:confused: Warrick as well:( Sara does bring him up on ocassion but very briefly. But they have all embraced Dr. Ray entirely and made him such a part of their team, and how he fits with them like a glove;)

Sara on the blood under the boys nails, someone is setting this up Cath goes "by putting blood under his nails"? Sara: "I wouldn't put it past them"

Ray goes to see Simon in prison and while waiting for him some low-life goes "Raymond Langston" He goes "Nate Haskell says Hello":confused: Ray looks all perplexed [who the H is Nate Haskell]? the serial killer? Simon does have a cut on his neck and starts babbling and Ray goes "shut up and drop your pants" Such a Grissom line:lol:

Brass with the attorney Lynn, who still maintains her clients innocence and goes "what kind of a monster would do this to a kid"? Brass goes "the same kind of monster who killed Samatha Rose" good one Jim~

Sara goes to the central evidence vault, chats with old buddy George and looks at evidence they chit-chat and as she's leaving spots the green cadillac in the parking lot. She find that the boy had been in the trunk and, George cops it was an accident, Will fell:confused:

Nick and Ray at the same place going over it all and baffled by it all. They sure have a great working camradeire as always such good working partners. Nick: "what was he doing here?~

Cath with the mom again and making her feel pressured, because Will's dad had given her $10,000, while drunk and tells Cath if your not going to arrest me "then get the hell out of my house":eek:

Archie finds that will had hidden in the sofa to get in the evidence vault. Ray "Trojan horse, Trojan sofa" and that "he's so smart and a brave kid, wasted on a fools errand" And the blood was sea bass "to bless the Trojan voyage" good lines, Dr. Langston~

Brass talks to Mason's dad and he had used his computer. They find him almost dead. And the attorneys card on his dresser:cardie:

Lynn confesses to Brass that Mason had tried to extort $$$ form her in a parking lot, and she told him to get lost but gave him $200 buckos~

The 3 boys had partied in a vacant house and left things behind started fire. The went to Will [Steve and Mason and asked him what to do~

The got the wrong house it was the #for Samatha Rose, now I'm really confused:confused:

Ray and Sara go to burning house they find Steve, Sara drags him out and yells "Dr. Ray come on" he stays behind to retrieve a $$$ for evidence. This part is cloudy and murky for me Steve wacked Mason over the head cause he wanted to blackmail Lynn for more dough. Steve "Will was trying to save us" and all you care about is the money" I still don't get the connections with the 3 boys and the jail bird Simon:confused: why did Will sneak into that wherehouse?

Last scene with Nicky find a iPod and watching the 3 boys in happier days riding their bicycles and having fun, before everything turned so horribly dark and wrong.. sad and poignant:(

Last edited:
Am I the only one who got a flash of Gary Dourdan for a split second? Just for the first glimpse of the dad, then the camera went to another shot, and then back to him. I knew it wasn't, though, because they would definitely not pull something like that, no matter how bad the show might get.
Yeah, I actually had that thought for a brief moment - although I figured it was because I was watching it at 3:30am and totally exhausted at that point. ;)

Some main points from me:
* I think it’s about time for Greg to have a more prominent role soon. He seems to have been left out of scenes lately.

* I loved that they had Doc out at a scene - in the daylight where you could actually see him.

* Cath looked great with the red wavy curls! She seemed to be so much ‘softer’ in her approach for this episode. I love it. Although, with the subject matter in this one, I was hoping for at least a Lindsey or Eddie reference.

* Still need more Wendy scenes. But she was cute in the one she was in, being all nervous! Actually, there was little Wendy, Hodges, Doc, Greg, and no Super Dave. It made for a bit of a depressing episode.

* I loved the Brass/Attorney scenes. But too bad the writers still have Jim Brass on sedatives. In his scene in her office, he only got a mild sarcastic quip in. She got the rest. In the other scene, he didn’t really get a good zinger. I think he’s lost his touch.

My full review can be found here

Hi byline! The security guard was making his rounds at the warehouse, spotted the boy rummaging through the box of evidence, shouted "hey you" (or something to that effect) startling the boy, who then fell off the ladder to his death. The guard felt like it was his job to protect the evidence stored at his place, and so he covered up the boy's accident by hiding his body in the trunk of his old green car. :(
I guessed it was something like that, but am glad to know for sure. Thanks for filling in the blanks!

No that was definitely not Lenny Kravitz, that I know for sure.

I got that kind of a feeling looking at the kid and had to think for a minute if this was the episode with the younger versions of the (supposed) characters. :lol:

Though I think George was an idiot for not coming forward after he inadvertently killed the kid.

I think they made him to be such a nice guy that it was really kind of unbelievable that he would actually clean up the mess and then take a dead child in the trunk of his car and leave him somewhere, even if he did have good intentions about trying to preserve the sanctity of the evidence in the warehouse.

Anyway, I found the case very interesting from the beginning. It held my attention very well.

I made it through about 25 minutes of this episode (I work way too much and should not lay down when watching TV, cause I always fall asleep...) which was just about enough time for me to note that I really liked Marg's hair and blue/white/greenish shirt, and that I thought that Greg looked really surprised that Catherine was asking him to work with her after that whole meeting.

I'll have to watch it again when I get time.

That reminds me, I forgot to note how much I liked Marg in the episode. I don't know what it was, but she was gorgeous. I distinctively remember her meeting with the mother: something about the way her hair flowed. :adore: I'm such a sucker for long hair.:luvlove:

For me, the episode is good. It's somehow hard to follow at first. It's good that I watched it on-demand so I can rewind the scenes I found confusing. At first, the case seems like the pedophile case in 'Burn Out'. Then, there goes the two 'friends' which reminded me of a boy murdered by a prank/stunt in 'Night at the Movies'.

I don't know if I miss something but, of all the cars in the LVPD garage, why George's Cadillac caught Sara's attention? Was there an evidence pointing to that car or it's just her instinct?

The Rose Case isn't familiar to me. I haven't watched ~10 episodes of CSI yet. The time of investigation suggests that it happened season 7-8 (2 1/2 years before) but I have watched all episode of season 7 and 8. Maybe it's just a case that was never written in a previous episode.

All in all a good episode. Too many things going on but not the most confusing episode. 9.2/10, yes I give it a high grade because it's entertaining. I wonder why Nate Hankel was mentioned.

Last edited:
I don't know if I miss something but, of all the cars in the LVPD garage, why George's Cadillac caught Sara's attention? Was there an evidence pointing to that car or it's just her instinct?

I wondered that too. When she was suddenly alerted to the car I was like "what's so special about that car?". :lol:

As far as I remember, after Hodges identified the fiber that Nick had found on the boys shirt, he went a step further and told Sara that it was a more specific blend that was found in that type of car. So of course when Sara happened to see the vehicle in the parking lot, she questioned it.

edited note: It wasn't Sara he reported his findings to, but Catherine...my mistake.

Last edited:

As far as I remember, after Hodges identified the fiber that Nick had found on the boys shirt, he went a step further and told Sara that it was a more specific blend that was found in that type of car. So of course when Sara happened to see the vehicle in the parking lot, she questioned it.

I missed that. I remembered the fiber from the blooded sofa but not the other one. I forgot Nick recovered two different fibers! Thank you DJRideout!

Back