NCIS thread #3 - Shutting up now, Boss

Discussion in 'NCIS & NCIS: LA' started by nattybatty55, Mar 10, 2008.

?

What should we call it?!?

1. Never mess with a Marine's coffee if you want to live

16 vote(s)
    13.6%
  2. I need a coffee

5 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. On it Boss

28 vote(s)
    23.7%
  4. Ya Think?!

21 vote(s)
    17.8%
  5. Shutting up now Boss

40 vote(s)
    33.9%
  6. CSI! No the term's NCIS

12 vote(s)
    10.2%
  7. 'We just shoot men who are un true'

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  8. 'Gibbs, Caf-pow please!'

10 vote(s)
    8.5%
  9. 'Don't drop the boss' coffee!'

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  10. Gibb's Gang

3 vote(s)
    2.5%
  11. Talking Jethro, and not the one from Beverly Hillbillies

5 vote(s)
    4.2%
  12. There's more to CBS besides CSI

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  13. Never Be Unreachable

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  14. Never take anything for granted

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  15. Never date a coworker

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  16. Always work as a team

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  17. Never, ever bother Gibbs in interrogation

7 vote(s)
    5.9%
  18. 'How'd you get your boat out Gibbs?'

15 vote(s)
    12.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

Re: NCIS thread #3: We need a name boss!!

You're absolutely right Nat, although in season 5, I think it is the ep. Corporal Punishment and Tribes, we see a little more of Ziva's character and about the relationship to Tony. Can't wait until April. Just wish I remeberred the exact date :brickwall:

2. Smiliee

Smiliee Coroner

About Ziva's relationship with Tony: I was just rewatching Shalom from season 4 while I was home sick yesterday and I remember someone was watching over ZIva and Tony was coming over to her house like once a week. Did we ever find out why he was visiting her, or was that just left in the open?

3. Della

Della Police Officer

Aaanyway, I have to say that of the whole team Ziva is the one for me that I think would go rogue given the right set of circumstances, so I really don't trust her as much as I do the others or that I had with Caitlyn Todd.

However, this is not a bad thing for me though because that does make the character intriguing for me (despite the fact that there seems to be something hugely false about Cote De Pablo which winds me up - Sorry).

There is one, or a couple of requests actually, that I would like to make of the writers, and that's that they stop forcing a couple of Gibbs' characteristics onto her, such as her slapping Tony's face and also her creeping up on him.

For some inexplicable reason when Ziva does either/both of those I find myself gritting my teeth, because I derive a completely different connotation when those actions are coming from her - and a ridiculing of Tony springs immediately to mind. ...Sorry...

...Just an opinion really...

:)

Huh? Multi posting? How???

Sorry about this but the Spoiler isn't working for me... which I think is how it came to be a multi post when I tried to see why..

...Spoiler is still not working for me...

Oh well...

Sorry anyway...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2008
  4. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Della, please do not double post, you have 24 hours to edit your post. I have merged those three posts together. Please avoid multi-posting in the future, because it is considered spam. Thanks.

5. MarineGirl#1

I don't know how much you've seen, but as it is Shalom, they leave it hanging for now. I'm not the spoiler type, but I can tell you one thing, Ziva cares about Tony. It's to be seen in later episodes. Crap, not I'm still giving away little spoilers. :evil:

Della, everybody's entitiled to their own opinion. Personally I think Ziva is a strong character who likes to banter with Gibbs. Okay, I agree, she does take over a lot of Gibbs' actions, but I think it's because she thinks of him as a father figure, considering her relationship with her own father. And there's the fact that Gibbs told her he trusted her complety, so I don't see any doubt there. Call it a gut feeling. :guffaw:

6. Gaseous Anomaly

Gaseous Anomaly Rookie

One quick question. When is the poll over? And which MOD are we going to bribe to go to the first post and change the title for us? IMO we have had plenty of time to vote so we should be working to bribe the MODs now. :D

7. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

^^^Lol, We have to ask Sandersidle or SunsetBoulevard but I'm sure we won't have to beg them lol.

I left Soph a message above but I think she missed it :lol: But don't worry we'll get a name soon lol be patient!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
  8. MarineGirl#1

You've beaten me to it. I was pretty busy with that PM, now I just had to delete it. I'm sure we'll have a new name soon. Patience my girls. :p

9. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

No need to bribe the mods, because that way you couldn't make them do what YOU want. Having the poll up for this much time does have a reason. Everything we do here has a reason, so please do not tell us what to do. And the next time you have questions like this, please PM one of the mods. Thank you.

10. MarineGirl#1

Thank you Sophie. It's highly apriciated. Congrats to you all. We do dress up and celebrate the new name. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Yee-hah new thread! Love the title.

Ziva annoyed me at first, but now I like her. I like how she's tough and takes no cr*p from anyone, especially Tony and terrorists/criminals. I loved that ep when they were in the boondocks and Ziva made that pig sheriff apologize to the innocent Iraqi guy the sheriff thought was a terrorist just because he was Iraqi, by grabbing and twisting his thumb.
    I also like how we've started to see her softer side in s4, through her relationship with Gibbs and her concern for Tony when she thinks he's ill. The ep here this week in the UK is one where Ziva has feelings/sympathy for a guy dying from radiation, can't wait to see that.
    I love Ziva and Gibbs' relationship. They're really quite similar in that they both hide their emotions behind tough exteriors, and often get pissy with suspects. I think they have a father-daughter type relationship, Ziva tends to turn to Gibbs for help when she's in big trouble (like in the s4 premiere) and just like a father he tells her off but is there to save her and help her.

I think another really interesting aspect of NCIS is Gibbs and Abby's relationship. Gibbs is so protective of Abby and she really trusts him - from asking him for an opinion about her new tattoo to turning to him when she had that stalker last season, Abby always goes to Gibbs for help, support and advice.
    And I LOVE her farting hippo and big jars of sweets! I laughed last week (the ep about the dead sailor involving the cop who was Tony's girlfirend's ex) when Abby challenged her mass spec (was it that?) to a duel.:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

12. MarineGirl#1

Deep down, Ziva really cares for Tony. It's not often that she shows her feelings. So all in all I think those scenes are worth watching so much. :thumbsup: Her relationship to Gibbs is quite a father-daughter one, just like Abby/Gibbs. I think he looks at them as his daughters, maybe substitutes for Kelly.

Oh and MacsLady, the hippo... best part of NCIS. .. Other than the humor in the show, DB's best invention :guffaw::guffaw:

13. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Ok I havent got much time at the moment write much but I love Ziva and how she intercts with the other charaters especially Tony :D

Oh and I agree Jools, that Hippo is definatly the best part of NCIS!

14. Smiliee

Smiliee Coroner

I think the relationship between Gibbs and Abby is really sweet. I love how she knows that he's warmer around her. That just makes it all the cuter. I think it's pretty funny how he'll just kiss her and her face lights up.

I really love the relationship between Tony and Ziva. Those two make me laugh out loud all the time. And I like how Ziva finally shows her feelings more now than she used to.

I think that in the future i would really like to know a little bit more about either Jenny's time with Ziva and/or Jenny's time with Jethro in Paris. (Okay, so the shipperish side in me would rather hear about Jenny and Jethro. But Jenny and Ziva's past would be just fine, too).

15. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

hey guys just letting you know- just i case you all didn't- Christopher Shyer who played Kyle Boone in "Mind Games" is now on Broadway in "Mama Mia!" as one of the main characters in the show. he plays Sam Carmichael. i just saw the show today for the 2nd time and i went with my grandparents. they both love NCIS so they watched the marathon last weekend. my grandpa pointed it out that Shyer was the serial killer on NCIS.

he has a very very good voice, he did a great job. after the show he rushed past us at the street corner and he had a really scary look on his face lol. i don't think he meant it but the face was scary haha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.