NCIS #4: *Slap* Nobody Likes A Smartass

Discussion in 'NCIS & NCIS: LA' started by Destiny, Sep 8, 2010.

1. ncismom

ncismom Hit and Run

They would be crazy not to! It is their number one show and my all time favorite. :thumbsup: Of course, CSI is right up there in my book as well. Any word on its fate?

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Tvguide also has a story on it.

CBS Renews NCIS for Season 9

CBS has renewed NCIS for Season 9, CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler announced Wednesday.

Following a series-high 22.85 million viewers on Tuesday, star Mark Harmon signed a two-year contract that would also name him an executive producer on the CBS series, Deadline.com reports. With Harmon on board, NCIS becomes to first CBS drama to get renewed for next season.

"It's simply amazing that a show in its eighth season continues to perform at such an elite level," Tassler said. "This is a tribute to the hard work of its talented writers, producers and cast for bringing to life such compelling stories and characters with intrigue and humor. The quality of the storytelling is also evident by the series' incredibly devoted fan base who we thank for their passion and commitment to NCIS on CBS, in online communities and around the world."

In its eighth season, NCIS averages 19.6 million viewers, making it the No. 1 scripted drama for the second year in a row.

NCIS premiered in 2003-2004 as a spin-off of JAG. Since its debut, the show's ratings progressively climbed, becoming a top 10 program in its fifth season — 2007-08. Ratings continued to rise, finishing 2008-2009 ranked fifth among prime-time programs. Last season, NCIS ranked fourth overall.

3. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Well, I guess this is what happens with a show that Tassler likes. Apparently she didn't mess with NCIS's best writers, and allowed them to stay with the show and do their job, enabling the show to thrive. Too bad she couldn't have treated Criminal Minds and its fans with the same respect.

I watch NCIS, and I'm very happy for Mark Harmon becoming Executive Producer. I enjoyed the episode last week very much.

4. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

I just started watching ncis and i love it....i love tony he is so funny on there!!!!!

5. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Pauley just shared a cute pic on twitter. It's the cast at a new TV Guide photoshoot: it's exactly how we feel

I can't wait to see the TV Guide issue!

6. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Thought the psychiatrist following the team around was kind of weird, then at the end they dropped the bombshell:
    she was Kate's older sister and wanted some closure, which Gibbs provided by taking her to his basement, then telling her the spot upon which she was standing was where Kate's killer (Ari) was killed - by his half sister, Ziva. (I'm not sure Ziva's gonna be happy about that revelation to a stranger, given it's been Ziva's and Gibb's secret from her daddy, Mossad Director David, since the day it happened all those years ago...what was Gibbs thinking?!?! :eek: I'd think letting her know Kate's death had been avenged on that spot would have been enough. He certainly didn't mention to her it was a secret. So he's traded Ziva's safety to give Kate's sister way more information than she really needed to find closure???)

7. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I have a question about an episode I saw recently. A childhood friend of Gibbs' daughter comes to Gibbs for help dealing with a stalker and they end up trapped in a car under water and Tony pulls both of them out. I was a little confused on whether or not the girl survived, does anyone know?

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I thought she survived, but I'm not 100% sure.

9. Destiny

You can read a review for 5x7 "Requiem" and btw the girl did survive because at the end they grasp each others hand.

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

From TVGuide.com

Very sad. Prayers go out to everyone in the NCIS family as well as the families and friends of the victim and the van driver.

11. GregNickRyanFan

That's so sad. Condolences to the cast and crew and to the family/friends of the security guard.

12. Destiny

Source: TvGuide Online

First Look: NCIS' Michael Weatherly Gets His Shot

With the March 1 episode "One Last Score," Michael Weatherly becomes the first NCIS cast member to direct the CBS hit. "Believe me, I knocked on the door a long time," he tells TV Guide Magazine. "Mark Harmon has always said nobody here wants anybody else's job — and here I am, trying to do somebody else's job."

As a first-time director, Weatherly says his biggest challenge came as an actor.
    "By the end of this episode, I felt DiNozzo had significantly altered," he says. "He awakens from a four-year sleep. I was glad to see him back! In this episode and the next, he's in a Sean Connery place — pretty deadly serious with a twinkle in his eye."

That glint may be provided by Brothers & Sisters vet Sarah Jane Morris, who debuts as a new NCIS agent — and a potential love interest for Tony. Can the buffoon really transform into Bond? "As the director, I had certain powers," he boasts, "and I hope the audience is pleased." Well played, Mr. Weatherly.

13. GregNickRyanFan

I saw somewhere online where someone said that they'd seen or heard that there was a rumor about a character on NCIS dying at the end of the season. Anyone heard anything about this?

14. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

I believe there was a 'blind item' posted on one of the spoiler sites (Ausellio?) where it said that a popular character on a primetime drama was going to be killed off. Nobody is saying that it's NCIS, but it's obviously one of the potentials.

15. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, I saw that, that's kind of why I was asking. Someone commented in the Ausiello thread and said "wasn't there a rumor that a major NCIS character would die this season?" I was just wondering if anyone else had heard anything beyond that.