NBC's new Raines

The Pilot episode is free on iTunes, I downloaded it but haven't watched it yet. When i do I'll get back on here, just wanted to let u guys know though.

I liked the first half of ep 2, but fell asleep on the second half cause I was totally wiped out. But I TAPED IT! lol so I will watch it later tonight or tomorrow. :)

Just watched the pilot on my iPod and I enjoyed it. Wasn't able to catch episode 2 so I'm hoping I didn't miss anything. So what day and time will it regularly air now?? I am central U.S. time zone

I thought that episdoe two was okay, but I liked the first one a lot better. But I guess that NBC wanted to make the pilot really good so that more people would hopefully like the show and keep watching it every week.

I heard that they are going to move it to Fridays? Here we go again "time slot musical chairs".

I still am not overly impressed yet.

The show, beginning March 30 will take its regular slot, Friday at 9/8c
You can also watch full episodes on the NBC site for Raines, but I couldn't get it to work on my computer. The link is in the first post.

Jeff Goldblum is amazing, so I had to tune in to this show. Luckily, the premise is interesting to me, so I'm loving it so far. The character is so off-beat, and I like that it's different from the other 'ghost'-type shows. Even though we see a new 'ghost' every week, it's all down to Raines to figure things out. And to see some of the things that materialize out of his brain is hilarious. :lol:

However, although I love Jeff, I don't think he needs to be doing the kicking-in-doors thing too often. :p

All-in-all, I love the show so far and I hope it sticks around. :D

I liked tonight's episode.
Off-beat is the word. That's what makes you want to tune in.

I had a problem with the guy who played Jason. Maan, that was some bad acting :eek: IMO.

Something's gonna happen with the shrink -I can feel it :D What do you guys think?

Okay its not a spoiler what I am about to say about next weeks ep, cause its been apart of the ads and the preview he apparently next week he does that ear wiggle thing. :lol:

I loved the ep, as usual dramatic in its own way with the comedy, and Laurie Metcalf, she is funny in her own right and just made JG's character even more outstanding.

Here is the thing that gets me, I hope NBC figures out this show is worth keeping because in december they cut the show from 13 eps to 7 eps.

From the Futon Critic:
When a 20-year-old drug dealer is found dead, Raines discovers he was an aspiring comic book illustrator trying to get away from his former life. Meanwhile, Raines is concerned about Charlies (Malik Yoba) son and Samantha (Madeleine Stowe) urges Raines to bring him to see her to about Childhood Traumatic Grief.
When the wife of an old friend of Raines' is discovered murdered with an Aryan Nation insignia inscribed on her chest, the case seemed cut and dry. However, as Raines digs deeper into the victim's past, he discovers a disturbing web of lies, cover-ups and misguided good intentions.
Seasoned homicide detective Raines (Jeff Goldblum) is troubled that he's having hallucinatory conversations with his murder case victims, and is especially disturbed during the investigation of a murder and rape of a ten-year-old girl. Meanwhile, Raines is making progress in his therapy sessions with Dr. Kohl (Madeleine Stowe).

They don't have the spoiler for the seventh ep spoiler just as of March 31st.

So seven episodes? does that means it's only running that long, and it's done completely after that? That's it? Or was this just a "test run" that depends on response from critics and viewers? Would it come back with enough support?

Back