Musicals-Who else?

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by CSISidle, Jan 15, 2007.

1. darx2mint4

darx2mint4 CSI Level One

Here are my favs:
    The Pajama Game
    Wicked
    A Funny Thing Happened on the Way To The Forum (does that count??)

2. CSISidle

CSISidle Rookie

jorja_fan86- I absolutly LOVE Moulin Rouge, but for some reason I don't cry, even my dad cries!

3. labgeekluvr

labgeekluvr Lab Technician

I played Gertie Cummings in high school. She doesn't really get to sing any solos, but it's a fun part because Gertie has an obnoxious laugh that could steal the show if you pull it off.
    Ado Annie is probably the more popular part. She sings "I Cain't Say No" and has to choose between Ali Hakim (a Persian snake-oil salesman) and Will Parker (her sweet, faithful, but not too bright cowboy boyfriend). Oklahoma's a fun show. Good luck with your audition.

4. CSISidle

CSISidle Rookie

Ok if I wanted to be Gertie Cummings than do you think that "If Momma was married" from Gypsy is a good choice?

5. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

I love musicals but I haven't seen many yet.
    I've seen "Elisabeth (Sissi)" twice and also twice "Starlight Express".
    I still want to see Mamma Mia, Phantom of the Opera, Grease, Dirty Dancing and Tanz der Vampire (Dance of the vampires).
    But I don't have muc hmoney at the moment so I can't see any musicals by now.
    But I'm sure I will see them later. :)

Oh...and on TV I saw West Side Story. We analysed it at school.

6. CSISidle

CSISidle Rookie

You saw Grease! Lucky butt!!!!!

7. Azza4Speed

Azza4Speed Police Officer

Oh My God! I saw Pirates of Penzance, like, a week ago and loved it! David Campbell was my Pirate King, and David Hobson played (a very cute) Frederic. And I met the Cast after. I was looking foward to Anthony Warlow, 'cos I <3 Anthony Warlow, ever since i was about 9. :) It's pretty safe to say I'm still on a high after it. :lol: And no fair, you got to do it in school? Who had to sing MG Stanley's part? The most of his song I memorised was:

'I've information vegetable, animal and mineral,
    I am the very Model of a Modern Major Genera!'
    :D

Other Musicals:

Phantom of the Opera- I'm so obssessed it's sad. I am dying to see it, but the good news? It's coming to Oz in July of this year! *parties*

The Boy From Oz- Fantastic. Bright, sweet, sad, amazing, and it had Hugh Jackman. Mmmm...

Moulin Rouge.

Les Miz- Another one I'd love to see, I;ve heard heaps about it, can anyone gove me a plot run down?

Lestat the Musical- Opened on Broadway, closed about a month and a half later. Sad, becaus I love Anne Rice, and it starred one of the sexiest Broadway men, Hugh Panaro.

8. letsdance

letsdance Lab Technician

At my schoool, we're doing The Wiz.
    I auditioned for Evilenne, the Wicked Witch of the West. She was a fun part to play, I read a part from the play, she is really fuunny.
    We find out who we get tomorrow. I really hope I make it!

Also outside of school, I'm doing two other plays. Return of the Glass Slipper, in which I'm playing Pandora, one of the ugly step-sisters.
    And Pirates of Penzance, but I'm just a pirate.
    I'm such a busy girl!

9. kazzy

kazzy Head of the Swing Shift

I love the Phantom of the Opera! For some reason, I keep having the soundtrack popping into my head even though I havent watched the film for well over a year. :)

10. letsdance

letsdance Lab Technician

POTO is amazing.
    The movie is truley awesome!
    Gerald Butler (The Phantom) is so damn sexy!
    And I love all the songs! Emmy Rossum has a good voice.
    It's coming to Canada in Feb, so I can't wait to see it!

11. CSISidle

CSISidle Rookie

I was obsessed with POTO at a time but now im kinda over it! Trust me! You DO NOT want to see me when I am obsessed with something.

12. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

i love POTO. and wicked and oklahama :).

13. Nienna Berylla

Nienna Berylla CSI Level Two

I loved Aida it was great but i also saw the lionking & saturday nightfever and some not so Know by you at all..

On my school i played a musical but i dont know the name but what i do know is that i was a Opera singer and it was so cool and i did romeo & juliet i was juliets mom.

14. letsdance

letsdance Lab Technician

I listen to the POTO soundtrack every day. I wake up to it!
    I know (almost) every lyric to the songs! :D

15. Horatios_Shades

Horatios_Shades Prime Suspect

I love musicals...my all time favourite movie is The Sound of Music, closely followed by Calamity Jane and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers! They don't make 'em like that anymore! ;)

On the theatre side i've seen Joseph far too many times...my friend and I were talking about it when Jason Donovan was in the jungle (UK people will know what i'm talking about!) and reminiscing about the first time we saw it, down in London, with Jase in 15 years ago...then we felt really old....! :eek:

I've just booked to see the Producers when it comes to Manchester so really looking forward to that!
    I loved Les Miserables and Chicago was fab, but i still haven't seen Phantom!! :eek: