"Monster in the Box" Discussion **SPOILERS**

* In the opening scene, I liked the camera angle coming from the mini crime scene looking up to Grissom’s face.
* Gil calling out to Catherine as he was walking with the mini.
* Cath & Gil actually in a scene and working together? Was I seeing things?!?
* Greg in a suit – Cath in glasses – DOUBLE YUM!!!
* I liked how Catherine remembered that Keppler had made the same comment that Gil did and it was cute that Cath is still defending Mike by saying that he ended up on the right side.
* Sofia & Brass with the surveillance was fun to watch
* The look between Sofia & Grissom when he came in after they found the woman dead on the couch was interesting. I’m glad they had the little heartfelt talk between them in Grissom’s office.
* Can Hodges be any more annoying?
* I liked Cath asking Gil about how it’s going with the Sheriff. She always seems to look out for him.
* “Eenie, meenie, miney, moe. Catch a monster by the toe” – so…it’s not done yet? I don’t think I can stand watching another one. I'm really sick of the mini crime scene crap.

IT WAS THE DELIVERY GUY IN THE BUILDING WHO AT FIRST SAID THAT HE WAS GOING TO FLOOR 11, THEN LOOKED AT BRASS AND SAID HE MEANT HE WAS GOING TO FLOOR 10

i believe it is Sara.....foster kid, loner and fits the profile....grissom went away long enough for her to make the new model....did you catch the last 5 seconds of the episode? little girl looked ALOT like sara.....

I thiguht tonight's episode was excellant. Sofia's greif after she realized that she had been watching the decoy officer die, which was a nice little twist. After they discovered the tears I knew that the brtoher killed her, however I don't condem him because his motives were out of love. Well done, I think the writers this season haave brought CSI back to it's roots but darker. Honestly in seasons 3,4, and 5 I thought about stopping watching it, because the cases were less intense and the writing wa horrible, but I'm glad they're back to as good as it originally was.

Forget to add I loved the camera angles which were masterful and the message on the back of the pictures which were creepy but not lame and not unralistic.

i thought it looked like sara too. but shes 35, in 1988 she would have been 16. that girl wasnt 16. plus sara would remember something like that ;)

ok, no one knew about the miniature killer and the minis, in fact, during the brother's press conference, he told all the details. note, this was AFTER his sister's death. then, he told catherine after it was discovered that he killed his sister, that she said "make it look like the miniature killer did it." the package was sent 4 weeks prior to the mercy killing. if no one knew about the miniature killer except for the team, how would the doctor know about it in order to try to pin her murder on the MK? obviously, her brother is not the miniature killer. so the only other link she has is to ernie dell's son, lionel, aka mitchell douglas. the team didnt seem to think he was the MK after he told the story about ernie, the wife, trains, and foster kids. so how would the doctor have known about the MK 4 weeks before any detail of the miniature crime scene models ever went public??

minikiller said:
The mini-killer is Hodges . . .

They really want us to believe that, don't they? I wonder if they did that because they read some of our theories about it or if they were planning to all along. I don't buy it, though. Seems to me that the message, "You were wrong." was meant for Grissom. I think the doll is a victim from one of Grissom's old cases.

If it is Hodges, it's awesome. If it's not...still totally awesome.

I loved Ernie's son. Comparing his dad to crap on your boot. That was horrible and funny. The scene at the end about who his dad really loved...touching and sad as all get out.

Kathleen Quinlen (sorry if it's misspelled) was good, too. Oh, and the Buffy bad guy! I was hoping he wasn't the MCSK. As soon as I saw him, I though, oh no, he's going to kill again.

The only thing I didn't like was the totally fake looking cat. Why can't they ever get animal fur to look realistic. The autopsied cat made me laugh, it looked so fake.

CSI_junkie said:
ok, no one knew about the miniature killer and the minis, in fact, during the brother's press conference, he told all the details. note, this was AFTER his sister's death. then, he told catherine after it was discovered that he killed his sister, that she said "make it look like the miniature killer did it." the package was sent 4 weeks prior to the mercy killing. if no one knew about the miniature killer except for the team, how would the doctor know about it in order to try to pin her murder on the MK? obviously, her brother is not the miniature killer. so the only other link she has is to ernie dell's son, lionel, aka mitchell douglas. the team didnt seem to think he was the MK after he told the story about ernie, the wife, trains, and foster kids. so how would the doctor have known about the MK 4 weeks before any detail of the miniature crime scene models ever went public??

they were using the oppertunity after they had already been told about the mini killer. she wanted to die, so he helped her out and they were thinking that the cops would think the killer came back to finish the job ;)

The brother who killed his siter killed her in wa way as to make it look like the Miniture Killer came back and finished the job.

jaxxon said:
i believe it is Sara.....foster kid, loner and fits the profile....grissom went away long enough for her to make the new model....did you catch the last 5 seconds of the episode? little girl looked ALOT like sara.....

Sara Sidle isn't a killer, though. Her past contradicts with the theory because she watched her mother kill her father. In Unfriendly Skies she explains she could never take a life. In Nesting Dolls she asks Grissom if he thinks there's a murder gene, which shows that she's afraid of becoming her mother. In Committed she says she had made a decision to move beyond her past. She has a perpencity for anger sometimes and maybe even violence, but she's not a killer.

Just MHO :p

i believe it is Sara.....foster kid, loner and fits the profile....grissom went away long enough for her to make the new model....did you catch the last 5 seconds of the episode? little girl looked ALOT like sara....

No . The MCS was delivered right after Grissom left Las vegas.

I've been suspicious of Hodges all season, not specifically about being the mini-killer. But as soon as someone, at the beginning, mentioned it could be someone in the lab I knew it was him. The killer must have known that Grissom would be going away, and not get the package until just before the date. And there were like 3 scenes between just Grissom & Hodges.

It's nice they're mentioning Greg's civil suit, but I have to admit, it's rather unsatisfying to get a little snippet every few episodes. Of course, the last four weeks have been jammed packed with other storylines, a new character and Grissom's return, so I guess it makes sense they can't devote too much time to it until later in the season. Still, I don't have to like it. Haha.

Anyway, I think out of all of the MCSK episodes, this was by far the best one. Sofia and Brass were spot-on. It was great to have a good chunk of time devoted to them doing what they do best. The entire sequence involving the officer decoy was a nice change of pace for the show. The end of that sequence was a total shock to me. I kept talking to the tv, "It must've been the pillow! She inhaled something poisonous from the pillow!"

Okay, so I was wrong, but it was a good guess IMHO. ;)

I often wonder why the animals look so fake in autospy as well. I guess we have to consider, what does a dead animal look like anyway? It could very well look, um, fake. I don't know. I don't go hunting down dead animals to actually know this, but that's the only explantion I can offer up. *shrugs*

A nice nod to Keppler. I still miss that guy. Kudos to Cath for still sticking by him.

Back