"Monster in the Box" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Toots

Toots Pathologist

It was a pretty good episode. Yay, Greg in a suit! And he looked fine! Question: Why did Greg reschedule his deposition for that civil suit? Did he need more time to prepare with his lawyer? What is the reason? Curious.

Even more curious is that Grissom knew that Hodges owns a cat. And okay, I have to admit, a guy who owns a cat can't be all bad. Hodges, you just jumped up one rung on my ladder, but you still have a long way to go before I forgive your snarkiness.

I guessed that the psychotherapist's killer was her brother. The real monster would have to be much more diabolical.

I love Grissom with a beard, but I really think it needs to be trimmed.

Poor Sofia. I felt kind of sorry for her. It also looks like she's growing her blonde highlights out. Her hair looked much darker.

2. labgeekluvr

labgeekluvr Lab Technician

I'm a bit confused about Greg's civil suit too. He mentioned that the James family was suing the city for 3.5 million dollars, or something like that. Are they suing the city and Greg is called to give testimony or is he being sued personally along with the city being sued?

3. Calihan

Calihan Captain

Both Greg and the City are being sued.

4. GunsNRoses259

GunsNRoses259 CSI Level One

i don't know i'm confused, hopefully i don't know. Calihan, i love your picture. GNR!

5. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

OMG but that little girl did looked like Sara a lot ...maybe when she was little...who knows but she did looked like her. I dont know but i think that Sara is going to be involved somehow in this MCSK!!

6. Calihan

Calihan Captain

About Sara being the MCSK, I think the writers are trying to point the evidence in one way and then right at the end nice twist as to who the killer is.

7. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

I thought that right from the start it was going to have something to do with Grissom because whoever made the models must have known he was going to become so perplexed. I had a theory for a while that the killer was going to try and use Sara to hurt him in one way or another, like hurt her in some way.

8. edog

edog Lab Technician

The references to Sara's past are interesting, I'll admit.

Foster care being the most obvious (and I think only reference, heh). This last victim was also quite the intellectual. For a good ten minutes or so into the episode, I kept wondering if the new victim was actually Sara (being an intellectual in her own right), but of course, it ended up being the doctor lady.

And I'm quite certain Sara doesn't own a cat. The cat made me change my mind about that theory.

9. Raw_Alex

Raw_Alex Witness

For the Sara angle, I don't want to shoot it down, but it is my understanding that Sara's mom only did the deed when Sara was something like 11 or 12. The group of kids in these movies was somewhat younger than that. If I remember correctly, she isn't from Vegas either. That being said, it would be a very interesting twist for Sara to have provided her ultimate gift of love, the ultimate crime puzzle.

This episode won't go down as a classic, but it is certainly one of the most interesting. Any show that doesn't start with a real dead body is nice twist. It is a classic mystery, and right away my take was more about how the murderer would do it without being caught, rather than if they would catch him.

The multiple red herrings of this episode was also nice. For me, it is very satisfying when the solution isn't so evident to start with. Much hasn't been discovered yet, which means this can go on for as long a time as they can handle.

10. i_spec

i_spec Civilian

SARA SIDLE? OH NO!!!

This was an excellent episode. I haven't been watching the series in a very long time, and this episode will make me look through my Tivo for earlier episodes for sure!

Can SARA SIDLE = the MINIATURE KILLER? What does everyone think? IMO, the psychologist who died in this episode and who described the killer, was in many ways describing SARA.

The home video at the end of the episode shows a young girl with SARA'S hair moving in behind one of the boys, and then as she backs up, the video is slowed down so that we can't see her.

Plus, most of the kids in the home video are boys. I think the old man shot himself to protect his precious little girl.

Ah, "spec"ulation! Again, excellent episode...

11. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Re: SARA SIDLE? OH NO!!!

I think it's possible she'll wind up a victim or near victim but I don't think she's the killer.

Overall a pretty good ep. Yay for Greg continuity. I think they'll carry this to the finale and then give us whatever resolution they have planned. I do think it's good because it's not another like the last two killers who've killed themselves.

12. edog

edog Lab Technician

Fixing the name of the thread and. . .

Did anyone else wonder if the killer anticipated a cop decoy? I mean, the carbon monoxide poison was timed. If the CSIs were able to save the victim before the crime, he would at least get someone? My sister brought up this point while we were watching. Just curious if anyone else thought this too.

13. darx2mint4

darx2mint4 CSI Level One

^^^I was thinking the same thing. Much of this episode felt rushed to me....I mean, the killer sends the crime scene to Grissom, he/she probably expected something like that, so he/she knew that the only way to kill the person would be from a distance, not hands on, persay.

I feel like I'm making no sense...:rolleyes:. I'll post more when it's not 1am...

14. LUCKEY008

LUCKEY008 Victim

Re: SARA SIDLE? OH NO!!!

I agree, I think all these "hints" will eventually lead to something big. I thought the victim and the little girl was Sara too. But, then I read a few posts that defy that.

I thought the killer was the son, and they had arrested him. hehee..

15. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

The freaky thing is - the killer sent it to Grissom, obviously knowing that he was going to be gone and for a specific period of time. He knew the package wouldn't be opened by anyone else until Gil did when he returned. He obviously knew the date Gil would be back and gave him a day lee-way to try and find the apartment/scene. By the way the members of the team were suprised at Grissom's return last week, they didn't seem to know exactly when he was returning, yet the MCSK did?

With that information in mind, Hodges is looking more & more the guilty party. He took the online course, so he knew when the course would be finished and Gil would return. He's been hanging around more and way too interested in the things Gil does.