"Monster in the Box" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Toots said
By the way, what is "csi:wiki"? I hate it when I can't figure out abbreviations.

it's a csi page. the link to that page is on csb under the short summary of the new episode of csi.

I just love these "you thought you knew who the killer was, but..you were wrong" kinda twists. Always makes me wonder what that tiny clue is/was that will lead to a totally different person.

Or maybe I have seen too many British detectives? ;)

I am very much looking forward to this episode and the return of the mini crime scenes. But what is the purpose of killing the cat? Does the killer have something against animals, also?

I think killing the cat may just be there to show how unhinged the killer was. Remember "Fatal Attraction?" Poor Bunny...

Animal killings are always interesting on TV, because it does seem to be a situation where people often say "no, why kill the pet that's just cruel?" And I agree, it is disturbing what people can do to animals, I think it is because they are small and defenseless so we feel the need to protect them. :) Anyway,

I am really looking forward to this episode, partly because I love looking at the miniature crime scenes (they are amazing) and partly because I hope it will mark the end of the mcsk story, which hasn't really been interesting enough for me. Maybe this episode will change my mind on that though.

It will be nice to have Grissom back, and by the looks of it, nice to see the whole team working together. I am interested to see why Ernie Dell confessed to murders he didn't commit and then kill himself also to see a good motive and reason for the killings themselves. In an ideal world I would also like to know why no one opened any of Grissom's mail? I mean that new tiny crime scene has been there for weeks? And now presumably the team will solve it all in a day, when otherwise they would have had a number of weeks!! :)

I agree with you. Ernie has been a big puzzle to me. I need some more clues. Trying to figure out these who done its is one of my favorite hobbies. Love Puzzles and mysteries. Good to see Grissom back!!
I like the dioramas, they're interesting.
I love cats so, the cat murder may upset me some. Animal tortures and killings are the way serial killers usually start out.
Also, Grissom gave Sara a chysalis. I wonder if we find out in this episode what is inside of it. Something Beautiful!

i agree. i love cats. i think no one opened his mail because of privacy. thats the only thing that comes to mind. yea i like the the minis as well they get me thinking on how someone could make them. and profect them to be the same as the reall murder. i bet the team working together will solve this on yet!

is this the second appearance of this guy? i feel so behind here in little old Scotland :lol: we've had the episode where that guy gets killed and the minature is found but am i right in saying they didn't find out who did it? i can't remember the ending lol!

I feel bad for the cat and am curious as to why the killer included it (bully for him if he can catch it without leaving behind some DNA :lol:) But I'm most interested in why the MCS was sent specifically to Grissom in the first place. I want to see if they even mention that in the episode tonight or if we are just supposed to assume that it's normal for a serial killer to send things to Grissom now.

Well, there was Izzy the rockstar, Polly (or whoever) the smoker and the factory guy. So this is his fourth MCS. I'm not sure how Mr Dell fits into the sceme of things. I suppose he was another victim, even though he didn't have a MCS.

brass_lives said:
I feel bad for the cat and am curious as to why the killer included it (bully for him if he can catch it without leaving behind some DNA :lol:) But I'm most interested in why the MCS was sent specifically to Grissom in the first place. I want to see if they even mention that in the episode tonight or if we are just supposed to assume that it's normal for a serial killer to send things to Grissom now.

Walter Gordon in Grave Danger tortured one of his dogs when testing the prototype coffin.

Serial killers usually start off by killing animals, so it is no surprise.

I was happy that Greg was in more than one scene and that GSR was at a minimum....however, it wasnt enough to keep me from switching to Grey's multiple times... *dodges flying debris*

Back