Miami season 8 in the UK

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Solitaire, Jul 8, 2010.

1. marymagdalen

marymagdalen Lab Technician

It's called "British Summer Time", my friend!!:guffaw:

I enjoyed last night's episode too. I thought the plot was good, with a few twists and turns, and an interesting ending. Good, that is, until they brought in the painting forgery. :confused: What was that for? It added nothing to the plot, it didn't go anywhere, and it seemed completely pointless to me.

Apart from that, I liked it - especially the guy wandering around PD still wearing his rubber swim-ring!! And I think I quite like the new M.E. Tom.

Speaking of which - just one question: where has Kyle disappeared to? I thought he was working in the morgue? I guess he's gone to join all the other "Missing-presumed-the-script-writers-forgot-about-them" in a big black hole somewhere near Miami!:rolleyes:

Btw - did anyone read the preview in the Radio Times? Makes you wonder if they even bother watching the episode before they criticise it for things that aren't even in there!!

Jude

2. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ Doesnt feel much like Summer time at the moment!

I agree about the painting. Didnt really fit with the rest of it, although I liked Ryan teasing Walter about his art history degree. And it was good to hear Ryan laugh. So I can forgive that part of it.
    Yeah, that rubber ring was funny. Not exactly hardened criminals!

That's true about the Radio Times! I hadnt realisied that. They wrote about a very patronising H scene at the end, didnt they? It was nothing like that. I quite liked the end, with the bride rushing over.

And about Kyle- he will be seen later in the season-
    He is no longer at the morgue. He has joined the army, even though he only looks about 12 years old, and is off in Afghanistan. I cant remember which epi it is, but they show H talking on Skype to him. And then he returns in an episode after that, but I havent seen that one, and somehow managed to avoid finding out what went on :)

3. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

i'm so pissed by my mom. she still refuses to pay for some tv channels so i could see CSI:Miami at least for month! that's not fair! it's not that expensive and she has vacation! hello it's not even so difficult to just buy a code and send activation sms. but no, and i'm not seeing CSI:Miami again! :brickwall::scream:

damn.

but at least i saw season 6 yesterday and realised that it was "green episode" :lol:

and i laughed when noticed Ryan and Tripp were matching:lol:
    so funny:guffaw:

4. marymagdalen

Yeah, I know what you mean; my office/den is in the attic, with a fabulous view across the city - if only I could see it through the rain!!:lol:

"Horatio Caine saves the day" - no he didn't! "and delivers one of those toe-curlingly patronising lines that are his trademark" - no, he didn't! What are these people watching? They do it all the time - I think they've just decided they don't like it, and write anything. And, in case you haven't noticed, it really p:censored:s me off!!!:mad:

I know Kyle appears later, in the one you mentioned where he goes off to where he goes off to (trying desperately to avoid spoilers here!) but I didn't realise he comes back later. I just wondered why he wasn't around in the morgue, where he went, why he left. (At this point, my hubby would be yelling "Just watch the damn programme!" I do the same with books - I always want to know what's between the lines!!:guffaw:)

Jude

5. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

I eventually copped out of watching 'The Chute' for the hundreth time and went to Five instead. Glad I did, it was actually quite enjoyable, and funny to boot. Highlight had to be the two grooms and their rubber ring, I was laughing like a madman when it squeaked :guffaw:

I actually liked the bicker between Tom and Ryan, mainly cause I really like both characters and so saw it as more humorous than mean. Though Ryan seemed more back to normal it still seemed that Jesse and Walter were explaining too much to him. Although I did like Jesse better in this ep.

And I loved the ending, even though it was a little unrealistic (but hey, it's Miami) And I nearly got a cavity from the sweetness of it :lol:

Main complaint was that H was deprived of his one liner. Calleigh IMO will never be able to pull one off like Horatio can. But overall a... 7.5/10 for me (Nat was at least in it but severely deprived of screentime)

Off topic, the weather up here is as random as hell, suprisingly :rolleyes:

6. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Hi Jude - reading between the lines is inevitable, it's what fans (esp. writing fans) do. We're meant to, aren't we? Otherwise the dialogue has to be like a sledgehammer.

7. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

It makes it more fun, over- analysing these things. I only wish that the Miami writers would sometimes look between the lines and try and use what they had started.

I usually find the Radio Times review very entertaining, even if it is rather off the mark.

Yeah, I prefer H doing the one liners. I know they are corny, but thats the appeal to me.
    Natalia didnt get that much screentime, but as she seems to disappear completely in quite a few epis this season , any screentime for her is good. :rolleyes:
    Jesse was ok in this episode. Maybe in it a little too much, but it wasnt too bad.

(Ahh- 'the chute' being a big Tom Paris fan, that is one of my favourites! )

8. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

hey guys i've been wondering what is that event you're discussing. lately i feel bit left outside that it makes me feel bit lost.

9. DragonFriend95

Solitaire- Agreed, Horatio's one liners are almost as cheesily appealing as his sunglasses of awesomeness :lol:

It's such a shame that tptb are too blind to realise the talented actors that they have been ignoring for far too long (Eva, Jon, Rex) Can't wait to see them getting even more ignored later in the season so that wonder boys Jesse and Eric can shine :rolleyes:

(Heh, Chute's one of my favourites, being a huge Harry Kim fan. To each their own :lol: )

BlueDiamondStar- What event are you talking about?

10. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

i think something about Radio. it was mentioned some posts below (if i'm right)

just somewhere around like FB is that Radio stuff i have no idea about.

11. marymagdalen

Radio Times is a weekly TV listing magazine in the UK whose reviewers don't like Miami and who don't even seem to watch the episodes before giving them a bad review!!

12. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

:lol:

Spot on :D

I see it's Trilogy time tonight. At least my parents will know who Walter and Jesse are this time round. They had no idea who they were watching last time it was shown as it was out of synch with the rest of this season.

13. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Ok thanks. At least now i have clear vision of it. And i suppose it's not worth for a closer look.

14. DragonFriend95

Eh, I watched the first part simply for Ryan and Natalia, which at least for the first part there was a pleasant amount of screentime for both of them (not to mention Frank!). Had forgotten about the techs in the eppy, so it was a nice surprise to see Dave and Travers (and my god, those gorgeous green eyes. I remember how I fell for him in the first place :adore::lol: ) The scene with Walter, Ryan and the 'piece of skull' was funny, as well as the bear scene, priceless :guffaw:

Shame Langston had to come on and annoy me enough to switch back to my Power Ranger marathon, otherwise I might have given this ep quite a high score (although the case was really stupid as well IMO) Ah well, about a 3.5/10 from me.

15. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I only watched the Miami part. I thought it was the strongest part when they first showed them, although overall I thought the trilogy storyline was pretty silly.
    There was a good amount of Natalia and Ryan in this. I was actually surprised that Nat seemed to get more time than Calleigh.

There were some funny bits in this. Loved the bear scene, I laughed out loud at that. The turtle shell scene was also good, and Tom's reaction to Ray. At least those bits kind of made up for a lack of story in this part.

I dont mind Langston. Although I dislike the fact that it was in this episode, with H, that they set of the whole 'Dr Ray' thing, which unfortunately seemed to stick in the later Vegas episodes.