Megan Donner Appreciation Forum(Bring her back!!!)

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by diamondgirl, Aug 3, 2005.

1. sienna

sienna Lab Technician

thanks !! found one

2. lantiscod

lantiscod Pathologist

3. lantiscod

lantiscod Pathologist

[​IMG]

Just found this pic, haven't realized she was in that play before...Will check if I could get chance to watch it...:lol: :lol:

4. lantiscod

lantiscod Pathologist

Got new pics from TNT... :lol: :lol: :lol:

[​IMG]

5. diamondgirl

diamondgirl Lab Technician

that is a gorgeous pic of Kim!

6. lantiscod

lantiscod Pathologist

It is, Diam! :lol: :lol: I am reading Laches for the last time and it catched me...

It's only two weeks left before I would see her in nightmares...Sweet! ;) :lol: And I am planning to read one more book from Stenphen King...to prepare for that one episode with her! ;) :D :D I thought the only reason I like summer holiday is...that I can arrange the time in my way...:lol:

(v.o.)

7. lantiscod

lantiscod Pathologist

Is it the reason that I think CD is ruining the wholly role of Haratio Cain?

Is it the reason that Megan once said: Grief is grief; work is work?

8. lantiscod

lantiscod Pathologist

Zeus! It finally comes to Aug. 2nd...will catch King's drama with Kim tonight...wish me god luck! :lol: :D Sometimes I would wonder if the color red fits her... :lol: :lol: :lol:

[​IMG]

9. lantiscod

lantiscod Pathologist

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She is that precautious... :rolleyes: :lol:

10. screamingpoet

screamingpoet CSI Level One

I thought Megan Donner was a great character, and that she definitely added a lot to the show in S1.

But I never really liked her, because she seemed to have this attitude, like she was entitled to something. And it seemed to me like she was constantly trying to undermine Horatio by assigning people elsewhere than where he asked them to be. Then there was the bombing case, where Horatio's mentor was murdered? Megan seemed very overbearing in that episode.

I don't know. Like I said before, she definitely added a lot to the show in the way of conflict and backstory, and I love Kim Delaney... but just the way she meshed with the team (especially Horatio) had me a bit on edge.

11. lantiscod

lantiscod Pathologist

You are talking about the scene from Wet Foot/Dry Foot, when Horatio asked Speedle to work on that ink-stain note while Megan asked Speedle to check surveillance? I think it fits their characters, their ways of handling cases, both.

First, you know people could act pretended normally for minutes, hours, but cannot for days and continuously, especially when they are trying to hide something urgently. It means if you check the surveillance, you’re sure to find clues. But to the evidence, the note, it could be faked, or if not, it could be unable to be connected. Megan knows what is fast and direct.

Second, this part of surveillance work is what Horatio missed while Megan noticed. She asked Speedle to check surveillance coz she knows it is important and prior.

Third, Megan didn’t undermine anything. She said “don’t worry about Horatio” (don’t worry he would blame you for overtime or for unassigned work, I’ll explain and balance) not “don’t do his calls” or “forget him”. That’s big difference.

About the bombing case. I appreciate the way that Megan did. She didn’t let other CSIs in but offered that if Horatio need she could handle it at the messy spot. She showed Horatio how his emotion blinded his eyes by the instance of his suspicion on the victim’s wives. She knows her former subordinates, strong-point and weak-point. She knows to think at others’ shoes. And she knows how to perfect them. Even she was not on the position of lab-head, she still requires the successor to approach the best. She is a great mentor much than a leader.

And she acts the character outstanding.

You may say that the show didn’t play directly what I said. I agree. You know when you are watching a drama, a play, you watch not only the dialogs, the action, the storyline but also the actresses/actors, the writers and the directors, or more others.

For me, the character of Megan Donner opens me the way to the world of Kim Delaney. I love her and her characters, so really wanna see her back at Miami. Do I make it clear? :lol: :lol: :lol:

*seems have to wait for two hrs to post pics*

12. lantiscod

lantiscod Pathologist

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Never thought about phone lines when out... Maybe they should take dogs with them like me... :lol:

13. lantiscod

lantiscod Pathologist

[​IMG]

The way she asked... :D

14. ThumpyG42

ThumpyG42 ~Nocturnal Jenn~ Premium Member

lantiscod...just a quick reminder: The 'edit' time for posts is now 24 hours, if you need to add something to a previous post, please use the edit function as opposed to double posting as this can be considered spamming. Thanks. :)

15. Boa_Vista_Fan

Boa_Vista_Fan Rookie

I'm just going to jump in to say that I loved Megan. She was great with kids and just seemed so sweet and mother-y. (Not to mention, Kim is a great actress.) Loved her, and I was sad to see her go.

*jumps out*