Marg/Catherine ~ Not JUST A Pretty Face #8

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by SunsetBoulevard, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Turns out Marg was at one of the Golden Globes parties. Saw a few photos on AAM and she was stunning as always!

2. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

I have an idea for a new title...

Marg Helgenberger: Extraordinary Lady

3. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I just wanted to say that Catherine was amazing last night. I loved her reactions throughout the episode, especially in the scene with Sara and Hodges. I laughed so much. I really liked that they showed her in various scenes with Sara. I don't think they pair them enough. Also I'm loving the hair :).

4. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

Me too! The hair is gorgeous! lol and yesss I've missed Sara and Cath pairings. "You just described Grissom." :)

5. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Cath looked fantastic the other night. Love her hair! So red and the style makes her glow. ;)

I wonder if this episode was filmed before or after her trip to St. Barts?

6. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Found this interview with Marg. It has a little bit about what she might do after CSI. How she would (or wouldn't) like for Catherine to go out - won't let them kill Catherine. (They talk to George on the last page so I just kinda found it. :))

Interview: Marg Helgenberger - actress

Susan

7. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

Thanks Blackflag, Interesting interview; the only time i normally read the Scotsman is to catch up on the rugby news :lol:. The interview seems as though it's pieced together from other sources so i'll take whats written with a pinch of salt. If Marg is tired with the show (which it sounds like she is) i hope she manages to find a play in London that she can really enjoy.

As great as the Cath/Vartann storyline is i hardly think it's a stroyline that's likely to make Marg think twice about leaving, especially when Catherines other storyline seems to consist of her being 'supervisor' Cath. Heck if she went back to her roots as a stripper she'd be having more fun :).

8. ncismom

ncismom Hit and Run

Her presence will definitely be missed; I think that if the powers to be want her to stay, then they will have to sweeten the pot. However, it really sounds like she's pretty much made up her mind.

9. ladyhunter

I think it's funny that they used a love interest to lure her to stay this season. Not that I'm complaining... :lol:
    Just curious as to what they are going to do with the Cath/Lou relationship when Marg leaves.

She will be missed. Catherine is a huge reason why I continue to watch. The show won't be the same without her.

I hope she does find success on the London Stage or whatever avenue she pursues.

PS Marg, if you want to come back to TV, I suggest a comedy. ;)

10. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

That was a fantastic interview. Very beautiful and poignant. Marg seems so reflective and grateful for all that she has and all that she will have to look forward to. This interview is a great reminder that M is making a great decision for herself. I'll support her no matter what she ends up doing. I'd love to see her do a romantic comedy movie, and even some guest spots on 30 Rock, SVU, whatever.

It is hard to believe that she'll be leaving in like 3 months though.

11. electra

electra Pathologist

Thanks for the interview!! It really looks like Marg is leaving.:(

I like the title but I want a new one that say how much we are going to miss Marg.But for the life of me I can not think of a new one.:lol:

12. ladyhunter

!ActionCath! Rocks! Loved her in the episode. She wasn't pissy or bitchy. She took control of the situation in the warehouse.

I'm not a fan of CSI/Cops in peril but Marg makes the Catherine scenes work.

:D

13. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

She did a fantastic job with the material. I loved how she was obviously fearful for Lou but didn't freak out especially when she realized that it nicked an artery. And I adored the way she was protecting him after the bomb went off. Marg does a fantastic job with all material, but I really feel here she nailed everything that they offered her here. The scene right after Kip disarmed the bomb was so poignant cause you can tell Cath is on the edge of losing it, but is trying to hold it together. And the hospital scene with Lou (while way too short) and Nicky were just perfection.

And good God, how freaking SMOKING did she look at the start, at Nicky's house with those tight jeans, sweater, CSI vest, red hair, and sunglasses? Good grief I was drooling!!!!!

14. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

At least her leaving will be of her own choice to explore new possibilities rather than some bad blood between her and the show, I will most definitely miss her.

I've been a sporadic viewer of CSI vegas, but her character has been on my screen for more than a decade, I've grown up watching this show and her character so it will be hard to let her go just like it was with Warrick and Grissom.

But all good things come to an end, and I wish Marg the best of luck to whatever future projects she will take.

As for action-Catherine, she was totally awesome in the last episode!! You could tell her voice was breaking and she was freaking out when she was telling Lou that they were all gonna be okay as she was keeping pressure with Lou trembling and shaking under her touch. It was a really heart-breaking scene, she was trying to hold it together for him, knowing that everything could go wrong and she could watch him bleed out and die. Marg is just amazing!!

15. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

CHeck out this week's PEOPLE...March 6th. She has an article.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.