Marg/Catherine ~ Not JUST A Pretty Face #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
:), i well think that Catherine need a female friend and I'm open to many options but I think it really could work with Sara, definitelly with Lady H and even Wendy.
And as for the article. I've been a big fan of CARA (or CSI Thongs), Cath&Sara relationship. For me there is always lots of chemistry and tenstion between them. Coincidentally I watched one fan CARA vid called Come on Closer yesterday, where were used scenes from Bite Me episode. There's a moment where Cath gives Sara a look, THAT look (and you know how Marg is good in these looks, lol)... well, I haven't seen such an eyesex for a long long time. You would have to be blind not to see what was going on there... i hit the replay button several times and i was like "wow. If any woman looked at me like that I would have to change my panties immediately ... lol
And Strawberry Tea ship (Catherine/Lady Heather) seems good to me as well:)

Anyway, but I don't expect any same sex relationships in this show at all. However, I miss some good and close friend for Catherine.

It seems that people are starting to brew up a little controversy as to Marg's status on CSI. Yesterday, Entertainment Tonight had a small blurb about CSI's 200th episode party. They had Marg on for about 5 seconds. Here's their little blurb:
CSI, CBS’s Thursday night juggernaut, celebrates its 200th episode. William Petersen comes back for the crime scene cake cutting. Marg addresses the speculation that she will be leaving the show before its run is finished…sort of: (Marg)” I hope it still remains at the top, ‘cuz I think one can get somewhat of a complex if it starts to decline. … I would like to see it stay on top as long as I’m with it.”

hmm, that's interesting ... hope stays but i get her point. i do really like csi but i must admit that marg is the reason i'm still watching the show ... so i guess i wouldn't be able to watch it without her.
let's see :shifty:

To me, it was only a matter of time before Marg decided to leave the show. I had a feeling once Billy left, she wouldn't be far behind.

i do really like csi but i must admit that marg is the reason i'm still watching the show ... so i guess i wouldn't be able to watch it without her
I'm with you there 77MrsBrooks. I watch CSI now for Marg.

But, as you also said, we'll have to wait and see what she decides to do.

I don't think she was actually even talking about (or thinking of) leaving. It seems that it's just the way they intro'd it and cut that clip on ET that makes me think the media is trying to start new controversy. After all, Marg had signed a TWO-year deal before this season. She had to have known that Billy was leaving already, and she wouldn't have signed for that extra year if she had thoughts of leaving. The main focus I got from that short clip is that she's hoping the ratings continue to be strong for the show in light of Billy's departure. ET shouldn't have prefaced Marg's clip with the 'leaving' speculation, since her clip really didn't have anything to do with the mention of her leaving.

It's just another case of media trying to stir up a story that's not there. Then again, if it keeps Marg in the spotlight...I'm all for it! :lol:

This is just my opinion. I don't think Marg would have signed up for an extra season if it weren't for the writers strike and Billy's departure. There were times when she hinted that she had considered leaving. She just didn't voice it out loud like Billy did. lol. I personally think the storyline for Catherine that was supposed to be on the show late season 7 but got dropped due to the writers strike could have been Catherine's way out had Marg chosen to not renew her contract. I agree the ET blurb probably didn't mean anything. You know media. lol.

However, whether the ratings stay strong or not, I really don't think Marg will stay on the show for long. I'll support her no matter what, and to me, every new CSI episode with Catherine is an extra gift from her. :)

As much as I adore her in the role of Catherine, I wouldn't be upset if she left, because it would give Marg an opportunity to explore other roles, and to take her talent to higher levels. Because she films CSI 10 months out of the year, the only other parts she has time for are tiny little "wifey" roles, and I'd love to see her involved in an entire movie, beginning to end, in something a little more complex than a hot housewife.

Not that I'm complaining about her being a hot housewife. Just sayin'.:cool:

Agree with Erica and kc_from_kc. Leaving CSI would give Marg a new opportunity to get another big roles that she really deserves.
And I will just paraphrased Erica's comment, I will support Marg whatever she decises to do, leaving or staying in the show or just dancing mad around a table...:lol: and any episodes where Catherine shows up is a benefit for me:)

I will support her too - that being said....

Dear Marg: I need regular Marg fixes otherwise I get withdrawal. Could you be so kind as to provide these no matter what you do in the future? Thanks :)

No matter what Marg will do in the future I'm sure it's good for her. She's a great actress, very talented and leaving CSI can give her many big opportunities to have different roles.

When I started to watch CSI the real face of the series (for me) was not Grissom but Catherine. I just love strong woman who are able to fight with every adversity - CSI has/had very strong women characters like Catherine and Sara. They were first who I spotted. Unfortunately they destroyed Sara's character but in the same time Cath still was the most amazing woman who I've ever seen in TV (I have my top list and Marg's Cath is one of the best ones ever). Departure of Cath can be the saddest thing... But it won't happen in the nearest future so I don't want to think about it.

I agree with the consensus: I'm with Marg no matter what. I'd be devastated if she left CSI but I won't just give up on her. I'm sure she'll stay on for at least this season, but I'm starting to worry my prediction about the duration of CSI is coming true...no more than 3 more seaons (ending at season 12) maximum...and I had said Marg would go first...hopefully that won't come true, but whatever you do, VIVA LA MARG! :)

The duration thing is mostly going to be depend on the ratings, I guess. Even if CSI isn't the #1 show anymore (in fact, I don't think it is now), it will go on as long as the ratings are stable and not too bad. The network wouldn't want to risk their profit with a new show when there's already a stable, loyal audience. CSI has taken over ER's #1 position since its second season, but ER has stayed for several other years until its last season (the current one). As for Marg, her current contract is due at the end of season 10. From some of the interviews and events in the recent couple of years, I don't think she'll renew her contract after that, but that's just my opinion. :)

I'll certainly be thrilled if she gets to play movie roles bigger than the ones she have played in recent years. I mean I loved Ann Foreman and Emma Brooks, but there was just too little Marg in In Good Company and Mr. Brooks. lol. Of course it would be awesome if Marg gets her own show, like a sitcom. :lol:

The duration thing is mostly going to be depend on the ratings, I guess. Even if CSI isn't the #1 show anymore (in fact, I don't think it is now), it will go on as long as the ratings are stable and not too bad. The network wouldn't want to risk their profit with a new show when there's already a stable, loyal audience. CSI has taken over ER's #1 position since its second season, but ER has stayed for several other years until its last season (the current one). As for Marg, her current contract is due at the end of season 10. From some of the interviews and events in the recent couple of years, I don't think she'll renew her contract after that, but that's just my opinion. :)

I'll certainly be thrilled if she gets to play movie roles bigger than the ones she have played in recent years. I mean I loved Ann Foreman and Emma Brooks, but there was just too little Marg in In Good Company and Mr. Brooks. lol. Of course it would be awesome if Marg gets her own show, like a sitcom. :lol:

I'm with ya girlie- I doubt the contract will see Season 11, I think if Billy were here the story would be totally different but as it is right now, I think she's ready to be done and move on...CSI has been an amazing show but it's future without Marg is grim (no offense to anyone else!).
Marg we loooove you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back