Marg/Catherine #7.0 ~ Totally Thud Worthy

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by SunsetBoulevard, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Maybe people have finally realised that Marg, or CSI generally is better than the rubbish that is american Idol or other stuff like it. ;)

And i love the fact that the ep is on in the UK tomorrow :) I can't wait to see it, even if it's not as Catherine centric as I first thought.

2. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

LOL personally I enjoy American Idol so I wouldn't call it rubbish. I just wanted to point out that people loved Catherine enough to watch a Cath-heavy episode instead of AI. :)

3. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I suppose may finally realise that Marg is just the best then eh? ;) Taking their time catching up with us who already know?

And to be fair i can't say I've watched AI, but the X factor and all the English versions I don't like so I put them all in the ergh category ;) so I'll agree to disagree with you on them eh? ;)

And I can 'watch' the ep tonight, I love it being on in the UK so early. I'm still half way through season 7 though, so my TV will be on, but I refuse to watch it yet properly.

4. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ It's cool. I'm not into most of those other reality shows, either. So I understand what you're talking about. :) I was just happy that a Catherine-heavy CSI episode managed to beat the most watched show in the States. It actually had a lot to do with the criticism against Catherine-heavy episodes I had read before the episode was even shown. I was annoyed that some people were already starting to say bad things about it without watching it first. Normally I don't really care about ratings. ;)

And kudos to Five UK for showing the new episodes so soon!

5. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Yeh, I saw that people had started to criticise before it was even shown, what's with that?

And it is good that CSI can beat the most watched shows.

6. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

It was quite similar to what happened with...damn, what was the episode where the boys made their debut? Can I say that Destiny? Because you might not always know who the boys are and I didn't name them. *smiles sweetly* You love me really, you know you do ;)

Anyway, people got all heated up about that too. Some people just gotta have something to bitch on Marg about.

BTW, gorgeous redhead in your icon there ;)

7. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

Jealousy. I bet it's all jealousy. Hah, well, that's what I'm telling myself. I don't see a darn thing wrong with Cath-centric episodes. Well, that's probably because I'm totally obsessed and love her. So the biased-view could have something to do with it. :]

8. xPORCELAINDOLLx

xPORCELAINDOLLx Dead on Arrival

Hi. ::waves to people:: Wow. It's been a long time since I've watched this show. Actually, the last ep I watched was the season 8 premiere but I'm going to start watching it again because, honestly, I miss seeing Cath. She is, by far, the most interesting female character on the show. It's amazing how she can be so tough one minute and then so vulnerable the next. And, it's partly because of the writing but it's mostly because of Marg's phenomenal acting skills. Anyway, that's all I really wanted to say...

9. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

*waves back* Hey ya porcelaindoll! Welcome to the thread. We're a bunch of crazy Marg lover here. :D I haven't been watching CSI regularly for a while, either, but I watched A Thousand Days on Earth and I absolutely liked it a lot. :) You're right, Marg does have phenomenal acting skills, which I really hope the writers won't keep misusing. ;)

10. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I'm still hoping for the REAL MTV:

Marg TV. All the Time.

11. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I just saw "You Kill Me" for the first time, and that was hysterical! Marg's "Doh" was hilarious!!

12. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I can't wait until you watch A Thousand Days on Earth, Anne! You're so going to love it. :) I'm not sure if I'm going to watch Drop's Out, though. The spoilers just don't interest me that much. I guess I'll wait for everyone's review first. :D

Marg is hot!

13. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I have to say I'm looking forward to Drop's Out. Mainly because last time Method Man and Paul Guilfoyle were onscreen together it was hysterical.

And YES! A Thousand Days on Earth. Not long to go now!

14. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

So um, anyone wants to comment on Catherine's scenes/lines/looks in last night's episode? I haven't watched it yet (doubt I will, actually :lol:) but I'm always curious about what you people think. :)

15. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Well, E - I know you've already read my review, so these will be the same comments. But here is some of the cute dialogue from the epi:

Cath walks in with Nick aligning the dummy –
    "Maybe these will help out a little … (sees Nick with the dummy) … or would you two prefer to be alone?
    Nick: "Very funny."

Cath (to Nick): "So Grissom comes up with a theory and we get to do the re-enactments and photo docs.
    Nick: "yeah, well it’s good to be the king, I suppose."
    Cath: "sure is"
    After Cath finds the bullet in the ceiling hidden by the fan. "I like when the king gets it wrong. Keeps him human."

Cath & Hodges even had a cute one:
    Hodges: "you know, it’s the LOVE of money that’s the root of all evil. Most people think it’s just the money. "
    Cath: "Oh, Sage!"
    (that reminded me of Cath's comment in you kill me "Trace. is there anything you CAN'T do?!")

After such a dark/serious Cath in the last one, it was nice to see comedic Cath return in this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.