• 8433 is our number

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • We *are* oatmeal people

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • We like waterfalls

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh god, he looks so beautiful with the tan and the shirt and :drool: very nice :thumbsup:. Very Handsome man. I like that sort of innocent look he has to him, it makes you want to just hug him and say ''everything will be alright''.

Mac-mac-taylor-2604833-624-352.jpg

even this perhaps?

No questions there!!!! His hair is just....just..... :drool: And definitely seasons 1 and 3 are the best, but 4 wasn't bad either ;) They really need to not only let him grow it out a bit, but quit trying to make it look straighter! Those curls and waves are to die for! :adore::devil:
it saddens me to say this, but you're right. they probably have to change his piece to a more curly one.
I think I have some pics from season 3 to demonstrate! :D
061.png

Lovely!:adore: I'd wanna sit in a bar with him! :lol::D
LOVE this pic!!! and do I want to sit in a bar with him! that be just about the awesomest best thing ever! :hugegrin: just about... :devil::angel:

And for further s3 hair example...
SnowDay_018.jpg

*siiiiiiiiigh* :drool::adore::drool:
Those EYES and NECK! :drool::drool::drool::drool:
waaaaaaaah!!!! oh don't get me started on his neck... you're going to kill me!!!!
ohhhh.... :devil::evil: i have to agree with you there :D love me those eyes haha
And on an entirely different note, I've made the somewhat executive decision that Mac is mostly Irish. McCanna is an Irish name through and through, originally a surname associated with the High Kings, and later used as a first name by Irish Americans. 'Taylor', while English and Scottish in origin, had a portion of the Scots branch of the family move to Ireland where later they came to the US. And with Chicago having a HUGE Irish contingent, it all rather fits :) (it fits his temperament too, might I add... :p;)) bwahahahaha, Mac is Irish! I can't BEGIN to tell you with how much glee and gloating that fills me! :hugegrin: :lol:
Yeah, as much as i want to say that he's italian, as well as point out his olive-y complexion, his curly hair and the little bit from "Corporate warriors" (i'll get the quote later), he is probably at the VERY VERY least half irish on his Dad's side (McCanna=irish Boyd=very irish taylor= like you said, scottish and irish and english). there's gotta be at least a little italian in him, though. maybe on his mom's side, because there is also a large italian population here, and its totally possible that an italian and an irishman get together. but there's definitely irish there. probably more like 3/4 irish than half.
Mac-mac-taylor-2604833-624-352.jpg

even this perhaps?
yum. love that picture :D

Gary is quarter Italian isn't he? He is like me, my Grandad was born in Malta, which is in the Mediterranean island with Italy(you can get a ferry from Malta to Sicily) and his Grandad was born in Italy, so i am quarter Maltese and he is quarter Italian :). yay i share something in common :lol:. I would of shared the same star sign aswell if i was born 1 day later(my birthday is 18th feb and Pisces starts 19th Feb)

Gary is quarter Italian isn't he? He is like me, my Grandad was born in Malta, which is in the Mediterranean island with Italy(you can get a ferry from Malta to Sicily) and his Grandad was born in Italy, so i am quarter Maltese and he is quarter Italian :). yay i share something in common :lol:. I would of shared the same star sign aswell if i was born 1 day later(my birthday is 18th feb and Pisces starts 19th Feb)
Indeed, Gary is at least a quarter italian. His wiki page says "of Part italian decent" so I don't know what that means, but there's definitely italian in there.
Ok, I just looked it up :D
...his character had a different name."I think it was Carlucci, or something like that, and I said, 'I just don't feel like a Carlucci,'" he says, a faint trace of a smile flickering across his stern face.
"Sinise is actually Italian, but Carlucci is far more ethnically specific, so we started working out what his name would be and his background," the low-key star explains, noting that in this third season it's hard to fully remember which were his ideas and which were the producer's.
^-^ So I don't know what that means for mac, but "Carlucci" (he he he... :D) is a big jump to Taylor. Whether that means he became Irish or what is still unclear, but they definitely wanted the Italian in him at some point.
heh, Carlucci. That's great. that's just great :lol::guffaw:
for the full article, it's here:http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070207/LIFE/702070308&cid=sitesearch

awww... that pic is adorable!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for that information :) you know, i couldn't see Mac answering his phone saying ''Carlucci'' :lol: probably because were used to him saying ''Taylor''. It is a big difference and the name 'Taylor' in UK is quiet popular so when i hear it, i instantly think of Mac :widegrin: Gary wasn't the first choice for Mac didn't two people turn down the role before Gary agreed? I'm very grateful for them turning down the role :lol:. You can tell Gary has some Italian him in- the name, dark hair, curly hair and he can pick up a tan quickly(pleaseeeeee can we see Curly haired Mac in the new season, is it so much to ask? :lol:)

Thanks for that information :) you know, i couldn't see Mac answering his phone saying ''Carlucci'' :lol: probably because were used to him saying ''Taylor''. It is a big difference and the name 'Taylor' in UK is quiet popular so when i hear it, i instantly think of Mac :widegrin: Gary wasn't the first choice for Mac didn't two people turn down the role before Gary agreed? I'm very grateful for them turning down the role :lol:. You can tell Gary has some Italian him in- the name, dark hair, curly hair and he can pick up a tan quickly(pleaseeeeee can we see Curly haired Mac in the new season, is it so much to ask? :lol:)
I don't know... could he pull "Carlucci" off? Mac Carlucci doesn't have the same ring to it...
I didn't know he wasn't the first choice. who were the other choices??
Gary is definitely Italian, though. :D :thumbsup:

haha, wow, I'm at work for two days (still am actually :shifty:), and the thread explodes :lol: ok, lemme try to sort through everything...

1) sorry taylorgirl, but the true Irish Republican in me HAS to take umbridge that Ireland is part of the UK... *ahem* .... you might still have those six counties in the north that are technically part of the UK, but *Ireland* is not :p sorry, had to get that off my chest... :lol:

2) ok ok, let's separate Mac vs Gary here... yes, Gary (and the name Sinise) is part Italian, but everything about *Mac's* father screams he was 100% Irish, making Mac at least 1/2, and since nothing has been said about his mother (not even her name) we can make what ever assumptions we want about the other half of his ethnicity. However, there is NO question he's at least 1/2 Irish :hugegrin:

3) As for the origins of the character and the name, Mac is after either his son or for Boyd McCanna Harris after whom his son is named. 'Taylor'... well the origins of 'Taylor' should be obvious ;) And Gary might modestly claim that at this point he can't remember which were his ideas and which were the producers, but come on.... *Mac* *Taylor* who was a Marine, from Chicago, a Cubs fan as a kid, plays bass, whose wife died in *9/11*.... really? The producers had any ideas beyond the premise of making him head of the crime lab?! :guffaw:

Back