Mac #8: hot man on the radar

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by talkingtocactus, Dec 1, 2009.

?

mac #8: ???

1. hot man on the radar

19 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. we need more ACTION!

5 vote(s)
    6.6%
  3. taylor girls attack on the locker room

6 vote(s)
    7.9%
  4. the Big Apple's boss man

16 vote(s)
    21.1%
  5. we are oatmeal people

10 vote(s)
    13.2%
  6. what a man!

7 vote(s)
    9.2%
  7. New York's hottest CSI

13 vote(s)
    17.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

*SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE* Wow, this is impressive!

The stuff you found out is really interesting. I think the situation you described sounds very likely, given the medals he has and the info you found out. It also fits with the fact that he's never really talked about his time in the Marines (except about Beirut, and that only once to Stella). Given that he was a lieutenant then, and a major by the time he visited his father in the Blacklist flashback, which is about 1991 I think, that's quite a long period of time - 7/8 years - where we don't know what he was doing in the Marines. But if he was a Major by 1991, that's pretty fast moving up the ranks from Lt to Major. Makes me wonder if whatever he did to get the Silver Star also got him a promotion to Major, and perhaps one of the reasons he left was also that he felt he didn't deserve the promotion either.

It's weird that you should bring this up now, because listening to Matterhorn and also a book I read a while ago that was about winners of the Silver Star, Navy Cross, and Medal of Honour, it definitely seems that in order to be awarded the Silver Star you have to do something pretty damn awesome and that it can often involve something along the lines of the situation you described, ie getting out of a mission-gone-badly-wrong scenario. So that had me thinking what had Mac done to get his Silver Star. Then you posted this! It's like you're reading my mind.
    I always thought it was interesting how Mac has a lot of his Marine stuff on his office walls, but he's hardly ever talked about what he actually did in the Marines, which made me think he's proud to have served, but uneasy talking about what he actually did in the Marines, and that would definitely fit with the scenario you suggest.

Sam, thanks for the lovely pics!:drool:

2. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I found this

[​IMG]

in my stash of Mac pics (I believe it's a screencap I got from a post on one of the Mac threads ages ago, so thanks to whoever's it is)

he has those two medals you pointed out in that pic (though the pic is obviously pre Silver Star) and that photo has always been on his wall/in his office, so the fact that our gorgeous Marine was a
    is evidently something the wrtiers had in mind way before 'Blacklist' aired! I love how they have these subtle yet significant little hints about characters (especially Mac) via little things in the characters' surroundings.

3. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

oh I forgot about that pic!!! :drool: *wriggles with excitement over new accomplishment discovery* Although i'm not surprised in the slightest about this one :D Those half-wreath looking things under his ribbons? Those are weapon qualification badges. The one on the left is an Expert Rifle badge (which denotes an almost perfect score on two different rifle ranges), and an Expert Pistol badge is on the right (ditto on how one gets it, only with a pistol, obviously :p ). Plus, to keep them, one needs to officially re-qualify at least once or twice a year, and if you ever score lower, you don't get to wear them until you DO score high enough again. Why do I get the feeling Mac never had to worry about that...? ;)

And since you also asked for a refresher on his medals, i went back and researched them again, and with all the new info i found out, really realized just how impressive his military career was. So here's a breakdown with explanations of each award -

To start with, our source pic so you can see exactly what i'm talking about:

[​IMG]

For starters, you see those little 'V's and stars on some of them? The 'V' stands for 'Valour' which gives an additional indication of "heroism for conflict with an armed enemy". The little stars means one has multiple of that award. So with that in mind, from top and left, here are our heroic Marine's medals:

- Silver Star: only the Medal of Honour and Naval Cross are higher awards for heroics in combat

- Bronze Star with 'V' and a star: right below Silver Star in order of prestige, and Mac has two of them!

- Purple Heart: injured in combat

- USMC Commendation Medal: given for "sustained acts of heroism or meritorious service"

- USMC Achievement Medal with 'V': same as above but for junior officers, and i'm assuming he got this one for Beruit. Auspicious beginning :)

- USMC Combat Action Medal: pretty self-explanatory

- USMC Meritorious Unit Medal: given for outstanding, heroic, and valorous actions

- USMC Expidentiary Medal: "engaged in a landing on foreign territory, participated in combat operations against an opposing force, or must have participated in a designated operation for which no other service medal is authorized"

- National Defense Service Medal with star: (so he's gotten this twice) "awarded to any member of the United States military who served honorably during a designated time period of which a "national emergency" had been declared." And for when Mac was in, the medal was given for service during the Gulf War.

-Southwest Asia Service Medal: "Awarded for military service between August 2, 1990 and November 30, 1995 for participation during Operation Desert Shield and Operation Desert Storm"

- Sea Service Deployment Medal with 3 stars: (so he's gotten this 4 times). Given when assigned to a deployable unit and is deployed.

- Kuwait Liberation Medal (Saudi Arabia): given for participating in Desert Storm

- Kuwait Liberation Medal (Kuwait): given for participating in the campaign at large.

So there you have it. Basically, Mac was just about the most bad-ass Marine officer EVER!!!! With an insane number of awards for heroism and engagements in conflict! But with his propensity for reckless heroics, are any of us really surprised? ;)

Mac = Awesome!!! :devil::devil::devil::devil:

4. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

Hoooooooooooot!!!!!! I mean who WOULDN'T see Mac in marine uniform and not say that he looks so damn handsome and indeed HOT! :drool::drool::drool::devil::devil::devil: Wearing that uniform he really would have a lot of girls flocking at his heels....not that I won't happen without it too! :angel:

Amen to that! :thumbsup: I read that list and I was so impressed! Now I'm even more proud to be one of the 'Taylor girls' :bolian:

I got those promo pics HQ quality so if U wanna take a better look of Mac here:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I forgot to wish everyone Happy Easter!:beer:
    I hope this these pics bright your day! :hugegrin:

5. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

He is awesome indeed.:devil::devil::devil::devil:

Wow, thanks for all the research, this is great stuff. It's really interesting to know what all his medals are, and I really like how they actually fit with the time period in the Marines (I'm guessing early 1980s to 1992ish) and with the whole idea of him being a recon officer. I always thought he would have a Purple Heart, because of Beirut, so it's good to see that confirmed. I think that scene in Blacklist has even more meaning now, as his dad was obviously impressed with Mac having the Silver Star, and presumably, he'd have known what the others were too, but Mac, being Mac, was uncomfortable talking about it. We know for a fact that that young Marine died in Beirut (Whitley?) and Mac's talked about that only once, to Stella in COTP, I suspect that if that's what he got the Bronze Star for, he feels uncomfortable about it.

Thinking about all this also made me think how Mac knows a lot of military type stuff, like about weapons and vehicles etc -in the s5 finale he knew a lot about the bad guys' military spec car and the stuff inside it - and he knew about what they had been up to in Iraq with that private security firm, and then in The Deep he mentioned about some Albanian terrorists giving weapons to Iraqi insurgents - which suggests not only does he have a lot of knowledge about military things (from his time in the Marines) but also that he makes a point of keeping up on what's going on in the Iraq war, that he's still very invested emotionally on what's going on for the Marines and other services now. I also remember a couple of episodes (one was DOA for a Day) when he mentioned having contacts/friends in the military he went to for info for cases, I believe one was a Major something or other, and one was something else quite high up - I guess he made connections/impressed these people when he was a Marine, and that had he stayed, he too would be pretty high ranking.

All those medals that have to do with some kind of special/notable/meritorious service makes me think he was involved in some pretty tough/dangerous situations. He's been involved in those as a detective/CSI too - Snow Day! - and he's always handled those very well, evidently he's familiar with such situations.

Thanks again for finding out about his medals, it's great stuff. It makes me *squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

Sam, thank you very much for all the :drool::devil::drool: pics!

6. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

nice work jade_nolan i'm impressed. you'll be telling me he vacationed at matterhorn next :p

this pic...

is HOT.:drool:

7. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I'm sad that they can't at this point work in last night's news...it would certainly evoke feelings in Mac, but it'd be interesting to see which ones. I've already seen fics from two POVs...one talked about him getting a bit of closure and the symbolism, while the other spoke of the fact that although it feels good, it won't bring anyone back. It's very true that he might have mixed feelings. I'd love to see, if we get another season, Mac and perhaps Reed talking about it a bit.

8. mrnist34

mrnist34 Victim

Thank you for unshared. I wish you success.

9. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

he probably did! :lol:

agreed! but this one's hotter ;)

[​IMG]
    :drool::drool::devil::devil::devil::drool::drool:

And speaking of pics, i finally have stills from this past week's ep! my apologies for being slow, but it took me aaaaaaages to be able to be technical about it and not be reduced to dribbling lump in front my computer :lol:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And our cute couple ;) I :luvlove: Mac/Flack

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

They really are too utterly adorable :guffaw:

10. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

Jade, Thank YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

These pics really made my day! :D I had a chance to actually watch this particular episode online I just loved it! :bolian: The dialogue was excellent not to mention all the action and pissy, sweet, funny-Mac....you name it! All of this in one episode. :luvlove:*speeches* :lol:

Flashback was my favourite, I mean you can resist that man in unform?!?
    Erm..:devil::devil::devil::devil: *cough* Not me.....:drool::drool::drool: *thud*

Haha! :lol: This pic made me think that as he would say:

"Come and get me if you dare!"

..........ME FIRST!!!! :guffaw:

*Grins like a fool!* :hugegrin: I like it! :lol:
    :devil::evil::devil:

Yes indeed they are! :lol: Btw I loved Mac's shirt! Perfect choice! ;)

11. Tequesta

Tequesta Rookie

It's his fault. Positively and absolutely his fault :p

Especially when he looks like THAT in uniform:
    They totally are. I love the relationship they have now and the banter between them...it's just too much sometimes :lol:

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Fabulous pictures Tequesta Hey do have a great boss/co-worker camraderie, Mac seems to be nice to his whole team. Here's a simulated photo of the 3 leading men on CSI:p From the "crossover" episode~

RAY..MAC..HORATIO

13. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

nice :)

I still want Mac to hit Vegas sometime...he'd be awesome chatting with Brass, Marine to Marine LOL. Bring Flack along, and we can have an inter-departmental snark fest LOL

And I agree about the uniform pics :drool:

14. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Right, so once again, I'm slow. But as Tequesta said, it's all HIS fault! ;) But since we have another new ep coming in only a couple of days, i figured i had better get on posting stills from the last one... (and trying very hard not to think about the fact this week might be the last new Mac ever! :( )

Now, while once again it was a BRILLIANT Mac ep, there was a ton of action sequences. Also a good thing, but not so good for screencaps. Still, i did manage to get some reeeeealllly good ones. well, i like them at any rate! So, without further ado, here ya go:

[​IMG] <-- *ahem* yes. well. :devil::angel:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] :angel::angel:

And I was sooooo excited at more younger cop Mac, especially when it included him getting into a scuffle. I was practically bouncing with excitement, and grinning like an idiot :lol:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And the end.... omg, the end!!!! Injured action Mac.... need i say more?!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] *cough* eternal blessings on whoever decided to include this particular, ah, closeup :devil:

And this is just about my new all-time fav pic:

[​IMG]

And they were also good enough to give us more of our couple. They need to quit pretending they aren't together :guffaw:

[​IMG] <-- I mean, seriously!!! :guffaw::adore:

15. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

Jade! I just make my way in here at 9AM my time and what I see?!?

So much Mac hotness at this time in morning seems too much! :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Now I really gotta close my eyes for a moment just make sure I'm not still sleeping! :lol:

Thanks soooo much for the new pics! Indeed the episode was awesome! Loved it, certainly became one of my fav episodes ever! :) :thumbsup:

"Yeah it's always his fault!" :devil: I use this line really often! :lol:I'm thinking too that this 'might' be the last new Mac ever... :(will see. I certainly hope it's not!:scream:
    If it does I guess then we have to grab our previous season's DVD-boxes... :rolleyes:
    I'm happy that I can watch new episodes for quite long time after this. Season 6 ain't here even half way through and they start showing season 1 all over again whole summer! :D Course season 7 is gonna come probably next year so I'm gonna get plenty of Mac in a future but of course if serie is not gonna continue I'm very sad about it cause it's been my number 1 show for last 6 years! *gasps* Gosh it's a long time! :lol::alienblush:::D

Okay enough talking....:lol:*peaks to take a look at the new pics*

*headslap* Ah, I wish my mind would like to start working now....no chance after this pic! *ahem* um....better not to say anything! :lol: *stares*

[​IMG]
    OMG!!!!! :drool::drool::drool::drool: Love this one! :devil::devil::devil:

Grinning like an idiot here too! :D:D:D

Mine too! :drool::drool::drool: Gosh I loved this scene soooo much! :bolian:

I guess I better be off now cause I have keyboard to clean op! :lol:
    Damn it's "his" fault! :guffaw:

Last edited: May 12, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.