Mac #8: hot man on the radar

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by talkingtocactus, Dec 1, 2009.

?

mac #8: ???

1. hot man on the radar

19 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. we need more ACTION!

5 vote(s)
    6.6%
  3. taylor girls attack on the locker room

6 vote(s)
    7.9%
  4. the Big Apple's boss man

16 vote(s)
    21.1%
  5. we are oatmeal people

10 vote(s)
    13.2%
  6. what a man!

7 vote(s)
    9.2%
  7. New York's hottest CSI

13 vote(s)
    17.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

Hey guys!

I have one new promo pic to post from our Mac! :D
    [​IMG]

He looks very good!:adore: Handsome too!
    :drool::drool::drool::drool:

2. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

;)Hey Sam, many thanks for pic. I happy i can see you!

3. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Thanks for the pic, Sam. The dead body is icky, but Mac is hot.:drool: How does he manage to look hot even when examining a dead body?!

4. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

I dunno! :lol: To be honest while lookin' at him I totally forgot the dead body next to him! :guffaw:

Damn distraction....:devil::devil::devil:

*headslap*

That pinstripe looks ALWAYS soo good on him! :drool::drool::drool: Also I have to mentionthat camera view deserves and an extra credit too! :evil::devil::evil:

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Come on, peeps, bday postage! I want cake!

*refrains from any b-day suit jokes due to board rating*

6. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

[​IMG]*slides in.........................:guffaw:*

I admit I'm one day late!

Here's a couple the most sweetest pics ever. I wanted to post these cause it was Gary's B-day yesterday! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    :adore::adore::adore:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  7. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Because he's Mac! ;) Is any further explanation needed?! :lol:

And as additional proof...
    [​IMG]
    Me: *skids in* "Yes Detective? You called?" :angel::devil:

8. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

O.M.G. omgomgomgomg!!!!!! *wriggles with excitement*

(7.21 promo pic)
    [​IMG]

*stares*

*dribbles*

*thud*

*dies*

:drool::devil::evil::evil::devil::drool:

9. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Oh wow! *wiggles with excitement also* Kevlar, gun, smoke = *drool* *slobber* *drool* *hotness overload* Looks like Action!Mac is back! Thanx for the great pic!

10. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

I'm so speechles that I have to quote you MacsLady! :lol: Just kidding I quote you cause I compltely agree with you!!! :bolian: I can't wait this episode, indeed action Mac is back which means we are gonna get some really hard time to compose ourselves! :devil::devil::devil: Hmm I think I'm not gonna be able to resist watching this future episode online....:angel:I just can't wait almost ONE YEAR until it comes to my country. :scream::rolleyes::lol:

I have one promo pic more! So let's continue from where Jade started! :D
    [​IMG]
    Remember cleaning the floor after you left! Otherwise here's gonna be a crime scene! :lol: Hold on...that means we would get Det.Taylor himself here....not that bad after all but for your own sakes! :guffaw:

11. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

Great pics. His hotness is overwelming.

12. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

pre-warning: I got it in my head to do actual research on Mac's military background, so this contains excited military geeky-ness :lol:

ok, I don't know if any of you remember when i got a the bug to look up all of Mac's medals from when we got to see them in 'Blacklist'. Suffice to say i was very impressed with the implications of the operations he had to have been involved in. Recently, i've started to think more and more that he *had* to have been in SpecOps of some sort. But i wanted more than just a hunch based on vague intimations. But I'm in the Army, and know very little about Marine and Navy SpecOp insignia and training.

Then i was at Uni to talk to an advisor, and there happened to be a bunch of fliers advertising Air Force Pararescuers (bad.ass. SpecOps!!! :D ). Listed as part of their training was (of course) Airborne school, and diver. That grabbed my attention. I remembered Mac having a diver badge on his uniform.

So, off i scurried to the internet and a solid research direction to go on. And am I ever excited about what our gorgeous Marine was probably involved in!!! :D

For a bit of a refresher -

[​IMG]

My research got a little tricky, because current Marines can apparantly have the silver badge that Mac is wearing or a gold one that is slightly different which is for Combat Divers. But this latter badge didn't exist until 2006, and a specific Combatant Diver school wasn't instituted until the mid-90's. Prior to that, there were Marine combat divers, but it was much more of a 3-part training system, utilizing both Marine and Navy diver and swim schools. And there wasn't a different badge to differentiate between regular salvage-type divers and combat divers. Plus, because the current system is so different, knowing what the badge meant in the 1980's was becoming more and more just guesswork.

Then i remembered he had Naval Parachutist wings. I think i 'SQUEEEE'd' :lol: That meant he hadn't just gone to basic airborne school, but also completed additional qualifying jumps. I was convinced that scuba badge had 'combat' written all over it, and not just a basic diver certification.

Then i had a second breakthrough. I found out that to be a combat diver, one has to be a recon infantryman, and THEN i found *this* in regards to said recon infantrymen -

" In addition to basic infantry skills, he is responsible for highly refined scouting and patrolling skills. He must possess advanced proficiency in scout swimming, small boat operations, close combat skills, airborne, surface and sub-surface insertion and extraction techniques, assault climbing, demolitions, forward observer procedures for supporting arms, initial terminal guidance operations for heliborne assaults, airborne insertion operations, and various waterborne operations.

He specializes in communications, photography, threat weapons and equipment recognition, and various types of point, area, and related necessary overlap of ground amphibious reconnaissance operations. Marines assigned to assault teams possess advanced skills in assault weaponry, breaching demolitions, close quarter battle skills and raid techniques. Selected reconnaissance men are further trained as static line and free-fall parachutists and combatant divers."

At this point i *did* SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!! :guffaw:

Our boy was an infantry officer, who was not only a said badass recon infantry officer, but a super badass SpecOp parachutist, combat diver recon infantry officer! :evil: It also explains why he never really talks about what he did in the Marines, and his discomfort when his father mentioned his silver star. I'd be willing to bet just about anything that he got it for getting his team out of a really bad mission-gone-wrong situation better than could have possibly been hoped for, but lost member(s) of his team, and being Mac, blamed himself and didn't think he should have gotten the award.

So there you go, more proof of Mac's awesomeness! :D And i highly applaud anyone here who actually made it through reading all that...! :p :guffaw:

13. Tequesta

Tequesta Rookie

^
    Woah, that is bad-ass. And really interesting-it certainly explains a lot about the way Mac is, and I was kinda wondering why he acted the way he did in Blacklist, so all of the above research certainly clarifies that.

I'm secretly impressed that you did all that, btw :D

I know he's a fictional character and all, but just reading all of that...it certainly makes me respect him all the more.

14. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

Whoa...I read all that, not sure did I understood all but I used dictionary! :lol:
    Indeed that re-search made me love Mac ever more! He's AWESOME!!! :drool::drool::drool: Not to mention hot as what! :devil::devil::devil: Indeed he's a fictional character but gotta admit they've made out quite a backstory for him ;) and there's still stuff that keeps us guessing! :thumbsup: That's what I like the most about Mac Taylor! :adore:

Okay...I think you've already seen these promo pics but I thought I''d post'em anyway just the keep the awesomeness up and high! :angel:

[​IMG]
    Oh, hi Adam! :D I didn't have the heart to edit him away! :guffaw: Gotta love scenes between Mac and Adam. :)

[​IMG]
    Casual style! I think this is the part what we all waiting the most! Notice the black (t-shirt) under the gray one! ;) *dribbles* :drool::drool::drool:

[​IMG]
    Mac wearing a suit......hot as ever!:drool::drool: I like the shirt the most!:thumbsup:

15. picturemen

picturemen Civilian

Thank you, I love to image or picture.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.