Mac #8: hot man on the radar

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by talkingtocactus, Dec 1, 2009.

?

mac #8: ???

1. hot man on the radar

19 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. we need more ACTION!

5 vote(s)
    6.6%
  3. taylor girls attack on the locker room

6 vote(s)
    7.9%
  4. the Big Apple's boss man

16 vote(s)
    21.1%
  5. we are oatmeal people

10 vote(s)
    13.2%
  6. what a man!

7 vote(s)
    9.2%
  7. New York's hottest CSI

13 vote(s)
    17.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

it was brilliant, you're right, his reaction to it is very funny, it's halfway between a bit embarrassed and saying it doesn't bother him at all. i would love to know what the others said too, actually i'd be interested to hear what gary thought too...

2. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I just saw the s6 premiere for the first time, and I absolutely loved Mac. Not only did he look so freakin' hot throughout, but it was nice to see his vulnerable, flawed human side - I liked when Stella told him off for going alone with Danny to see the informant - that really wasn't very good judgement on Mac's part and showed he was acting more as a man desperate to catch the people who hurt/almost killed his friends than a boss. It showed he's as capable of letting his emotions override his judgement as anyone else, something we have seen before, and IMO, that's interesting and real. I also liked that Stella reminded him the case wasn't all about him, and he wasn't in it alone. Mac does have the tendency to take things and sort of make them all about him, but I personally don't think it's because he has a massive ego/is a self-absorbed ass. I've always seen it as being more something that comes with who Mac is and how he thinks. He tends to feel responsible for protecting everyone, and as leader I think he believes that he has to do that alone, and he forgets that it's usually better to get help from others. I guess maybe his being so focused on how the shooting affected him was a little bit selfish, but hell, that's human. When something like that happens, most people will think first about how it affected them, and I think Danny and Flack did the same thing. It's just a human trait, IMO. But I also noticed that Mac seemed concerned for both Danny and Flack and to some extent blamed himself for not being sure how to help them (because he's Mac and not very good at emotional stuff) and that lead to frustration. So I think the whole 'you're not alone in this, Mac' bit was partly his tendency to make things about him, and partly his tendency to try to deal with problems on his own and not ask for help when he really should. I certainly don't agree with those people who think Mac always makes everything about him and that he does it because he thinks he's a superhero or God or he has a massive ego. I don't think he always makes everything about him, I prefer to see it as he just takes things a bit too personally sometimes, and as I've said, tries to handle everything alone (which fits I think with the strong sense of responsibility and duty that he has, and with his role as leader of the team, and as an officer in the Marines) and I know this tendency drives other people up the wall, but I just see it as a flaw of his that makes him more real, and though he does need pulling up on it sometimes, I don't think it's a bad thing. It's a lot like Danny's tendency to act on impulse/his emotions which then gets him into trouble - it's part of who he is, part of what makes him human. I'd rather Mac take cases too personally than he react to something like the shooting with clinical detachment and just work it like any other case. And, most important, Mac acknowledged Stella was right, so I think he knows he takes things a bit too personally sometimes and that he shouldn't be trying to handle it all alone. I really liked the scene where he had the team gathered all around the conference table and they were working together to solve the case.
    Seeing Mac get personally involved in a case, and get emotionally involved too, has always been a good thing for me, and it was nice to see that in this ep.

Ok, rant over. *phew* Sorry, had to vent there!
    I loved the scene with Mac and Flack, another scene where Gary managed to say a lot without actually saying anything, when Flack was saying he needed to come back to work, Mac was clearly struggling between understanding that completely and wanting to let Flack work the case, and thinking that it might not be a good idea to have him come back so soon. He totally knew that no matter what Flack said, he wasn't fine at all, and being Mac he's not going to sit Don down and have a long talk about feelings, so his final reaction, of going over to Don and discussing the case with him, was very Mac, IMO.
    I really liked the scene at the end with Mac and Stella clearing up his office, too.

Poor Mac, he looked so stressed and tired and angsty and sort of lost at times. Methinks Hawkes isn't the only one not sleeping. I just wanted to hug him and make it all better.Well, I wanted to do more than hug him.:devil:

God, he was HOT though.:drool: All angsty and pissy and vulnerable at the same time and in casual clothes, just, HOT.:drool:

3. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

Whoa MacsLady! You really writed A LOT stuff! *Phew* but I read it! :lol: It's not that simple when your mother language isn't english! :lol: But this is much more interesting stuff to read than those damn words that I have to read tomorrow's test...arg!:brickwall:

I totally agree with you that Mac tends to take some cases personally and this one was definitely one of them. You can see the stress in his features in the beginning and during the whole episode actually. The scene with Stella was one of my favourites cause Mac really needed to hear that he's not alone with that case and who would get that massage better into his thich head than Stella! :D

The office cleaning scene between Mac and Stella was so sweet. A little smile that they both gave to each other said more than thousand words!

Of course casual Mac was HOT!!!! :drool::drool::drool::drool:

I think it's time to get back to season 6 first eppie with these pics! Enjoy! :devil::devil::devil:
    [​IMG]
    Tired but sooo sexy at the same time! :drool::drool::drool::drool:
    [​IMG]
    A man with a gun IN BLACK! :devil::devil::devil::devil:

[​IMG]
    Let the eyes speak for itself...:adore::adore::adore:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. hammer227

hammer227 Rookie

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECK!!!!!:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

AAAAAAAAARM!!!!!:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

i should REALLY tidy my room but those pics...i can't stop looking at those eyes...room can wait!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

5. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Sam, I agree Stella is the best one to get things into Mac's head, but I think Flack and Hawkes are good at it too. I think Mac has a very close relationship with those three in particular - Stella, Flack and Hawkes. He's more like a 'father figure' to Danny, Lindsay and Adam, or maybe a big brother, but with Flack, Hawkes and Sid he has a friendship/buddy/equal thing, and his relationship with Stella is incredibly close and special, even if you're not a fan of Smacked, they have something that is more than just friendship/being partners. I like it when we see Stella being there for Mac, either supporting him or telling him off/calming him down etc when he needs it, I think Mac needs someone like Stella in his life.

Wow, those s6 pics you posted are :drool::drool::drool::drool:
    Thanks to all pic posters, so many nice pics of our hot detective!:drool:

6. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

MacsLady i agree with just about everything you said! as for this:

i agree but i think also there was a definite sense that mac would've reacted exactly the same way as flack, i'm pretty sure we've seen cases where mac was very affected by things that happened and maybe should've taken a break or backed off a bit, but didn't because for some people work is the thing that keeps them going because it stops them thinking about everything else, i think he recognised that flack saying that was so like him, that he realised it was better to let flack get on with it and deal with things his way, at least in the work sense. just after flack insisted that he would only be moping at home and it was better to be at work, there was a look in mac that i thought showed more of an understanding and agreement because he'd done the same in the past than just giving in to flack.

as for the sleep thing, it was definitely implied quite strongly - we saw him look at his watch a few times in the office, in a kind of way that suggested he'd not left the office in quite a while, and then when danny called him about the tip off he said something like "no, it's ok, i'm still at work" which suggests danny said something like "oh sorry, did i wake you?" - given mac's history of non-sleep, i think it was pretty obvious that the insomnia was back!

7. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Hi Sam, great picture. I organize for 7 hours of Mac/Gary photos. No end is to be seen. I have, in the meantime, some thousand. I must do every day a little bit in it. But I do not create it.

8. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I agree about the look in his eyes when Flack said all he'd be doing was moping at home and thinking about Jess, Mac has probably been right there himself so understands Flack needs to work. It will be interesting to see how Mac goes about trying to help Flack, no doubt he wants to, but having been where Flack is he must know that sometimes people reaching out and trying to help can hurt more than it actually helps, and of course Mac is not good at the emotional stuff, and neither for that matter, is Flack, so I'm looking forward to seeing how Mac decides to reach out to Flack.
    I think it was really nice seeing how hard Danny being in a wheelchair hit Mac, when he was talking to Stella in his office, that was one thing that really bothered him and drove him to want to find those responsible. Which is one reason I think that his taking the case so personally was a very human and realistic reaction - one of his 'family' had been hurt, and that really got to Mac. He always seems more bothered about cases when they threaten a member of his team, and it's interesting that Drew picked up on that back in s4 and that he went after Mac's team to get to him. I always like seeing Mac being there for his team, he's not always very good at it, but he does always try to be there to back them up when they need it. Like when he went after Stella to Greece or went all out to prove Hawkes' innocence in Raising Shane and Danny's in RSRD, or Stella's in All Access. Or when he went ballistic at Sinclair for threatning Adam's job.
    A good way to get a pissy Mac is to mess with his team, and I like that because it shows that he really does care for them and see it as his job to protect them. Which leads in turn to his tendency to try and go it alone sometimes - as with 333, or the situation in Hostage (he's the boss, he could have sent any of them in, but he chose to go in himself), and in Epilogue as well.

9. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

MacsLady, i couldn't agree with you more in your Mac analysis. there is nothing that gets me more upset when people interpret Mac's actions and attitude as self-serving and egotistical. he just has a complete sense of responsibility to those around him, from his team to NY city itself, almost to a fault at times, but it only endears him all the more to me. :adore: in a world where so many people look out solely for themselves and others only when it's convenient or promotes some self-serving interest, the qualities that Mac has, are the rarest of rare gems. i loooooooove the man!!! :adore::adore::adore:

10. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

^I agree, Jade. As you say, Mac has a sense of personal responsibility to a fault sometimes, but I've never thought of it being self-serving or egotistical. Mac does have his flaws, he can get a bit sanctimonious at times, especially when he's talking about a subject he has strong opinions on, but again, I think this is a very human aspect of his characters. It's easy to get a bit sanctimonious if you have very strong feelings on a subject, IMO.
    Whatever his flaws, I looooooove him too, and the fact he's hot as hell rather helps me forgive him his mistakes/flaws.:devil:

11. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

yep, i agree - although i definitely think it's sometimes 'to a fault' because sometimes it seems he cares more about stuff happening to his team than to himself - there's quite a fine line between a sense of responsibility for them and recklessness. i think 'hostage' put that quite well - that he (apparently) volunteered to go in, i guess my reaction was torn a bit between thinking it was good he kept the rest of the team out of potential danger but not necessarily so good that he put himself into it.

12. hammer227

hammer227 Rookie

i'm with Lisa, he constantly walks a fine line between being selfless -and sometimes irresponsable- by putting himself in harm's way instead of his team, and being protective...and as Lisa said Hostage fits perfectly as example...

13. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i think snow day is quite a good example too - he made sure everyone else got out of the building, but stayed behind himself to do a final check, stella only stayed because she was wondering what mac was staring at, and sheldon because they seemed to forget he was there!

btw - i don't think i've seen this much actual writing in this thread for ages!! even mac can't make head or tail of all this writing:

[​IMG]
    (clicky)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  14. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

he will eventually!!! he just has to glare at it perfectly and have the words float around in the air in front of him until they make sense!!! :lol:

onto new piccies!!! :D i think stella has been doing some shopping for him, as he's never looked quite so suave and expensive as in the very recent past! not that i'm complaining mind :drool: but i like our mac a little rough around the edges!! :devil::devil::devil::devil:

mac starting in dashing trench coat...... :hugegrin::hugegrin:

[​IMG]

.....takes off trench coat....... :thumbsup::drool::drool:

[​IMG]

.......takes off jacket.......:drool::drool::drool::devil:

[​IMG]

....rolls up sleeves.... :devil::drool::devil::drool::devil:

[​IMG]

....and heads to office.... :drool::devil::evil::drool::devil::evil:

[​IMG]

me: *skids through the door* "Yes, Mac?!!" :devil::devil::devil::evil::evil:

15. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

heh, i'm hot on your tails, skidding right along behind :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.