Mac #8: hot man on the radar

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by talkingtocactus, Dec 1, 2009.

?

mac #8: ???

1. hot man on the radar

19 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. we need more ACTION!

5 vote(s)
    6.6%
  3. taylor girls attack on the locker room

6 vote(s)
    7.9%
  4. the Big Apple's boss man

16 vote(s)
    21.1%
  5. we are oatmeal people

10 vote(s)
    13.2%
  6. what a man!

7 vote(s)
    9.2%
  7. New York's hottest CSI

13 vote(s)
    17.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue

Blue Police Officer

dear JADE,
    THANKS THANKS THANKS
    i just had a look at your pb and *thud*
    I havenĀ“t seen the last ep yet but in your pb I could see a Mac smiling pic :drool::drool::drool: *big sigh*...... goes back to work....

2. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Just watched 'Blacklist' and I loved it. Another Mac-centric episode, but then I love those! I think they did a really good job of making Mac look younger, though I think our 'natural', older Mac is hotter. He did look a little weird, because of whatever they did to make him look younger, but then everyone looks different when they are younger-young Danny in RSRD looked a bit weird too. I'm really glad they let Gary play the role and not a younger actor because he really brought the character and emotion of Mac to those scenes with his father, and it was great to see Gary and John Terry working together again! I think the bits we learned about Mac were very interesting, especially that he joined the NYPD to honour his dad, and that when he was talking to him, he seemed unsure both about joining the NYPD (like it was something he wanted to do, but was nervous about) and about having kids with Claire - a nice little bit of continuity there with both Consequences when we found out he knew Claire had had Reed before she met him, and with the s5 episode, I forget which one, where he told Danny he had been hesitant to have kids with her.
    So, our Mac has a 'distinguished military career' and a Silver Star, yay! I'd be interested to know what he got that for. *pokes writers - Marines flashback for Mac*

Having read the reviews of the episode after it aired in America, I thought there was gonna be some scene where Mac started preaching about the healthcare system, when all there was was him saying the guy should write his Congressman. That did shock me, I thought it was very harsh, but then I wouldn't have expected Mac to sympathize with the guy either, and as the guy said, he didn't want Mac's sympathy anyway. I think the line about the Congressman did show Mac's tendency to see things in black and white, but it was very in character for him. Though the episode could have done without that line- it was clear throughout that Mac didn't sympathize with the guy or approve of his choice of the way to send a message, so we didn't need to hear that from him. So it shocked me a little, but it seemed in character for Mac and honestly didn't bother me as much as it seemed to bother other people here and to be honest if someone other than Mac had said it, I probably wouldn't have even paid it this much attention. I disagree with the view that Mac never sees shades of gray, I actually think we've seen a few times when he does see things in more than black and white, this episode just wasn't one of them. I think we saw a similar attitude towards the healthcare issue in Live or Let Die when he got so mad at the doctor who tried to steal the liver so he could move his wife up the waiting list.
    Loved seeing emotional Mac and how much memories of his father still affect him, once again in those scenes with his dad, and when Victor was taunting him about his dad (b*stard!) Gary conveyed a lot of emotion without actually saying much. I really liked the scene where he was having a flashback at the coffee machine and he walked away, forgetting his coffee.
    I thought Mac's lack of sympathy for Victor was dead on. Had Victor not been killing people to make his point, I actually think Mac might have sympathised with him, but he has a very strong view of what is right and wrong and so his lack of sympathy for Victor was very in character.
    I think this episode makes a nice contrast to COTP, where Mac did sympathise with Lessing even though he disagreed with his method of conveying his message about New York not being ready for another terrorist attack. Again, Lessing was playing on Mac's personal experience in 1983, and perhaps unknowingly, on his loss of Claire on 9/11. I think the difference was Lessing actually wanted Mac to stop him killing people and seemed to genuinely be reaching out to him for help, whereas Victor was just taunting him.
    Loved seeing Mac grab that nurse Lisa and throw her out of the elevator when it started to move, that was hot!
    Loved it too when he made the 'call me' signs.
    *grabs phone and dials 555013*
    Oh, and Mac, of all people, asking Flack when he last slept was hilarious.:lol:
    All in all a very good Mac episode, one of my favourites, I think.
    I may not always like Mac's views on certain issues (not sure I agree with him entirely on the death penalty issue, for example) but I like that the writers seem to be keeping his views in sync with his character and that they're not afraid to give him views that may be unpopular with some people.

Oh and I thought it was really cute that Mac told the newspaper his dad was his hero. Awwwwwwwwwww. What with that, and the final flashback scene, I just wanted to hug him at the end.:adore:

Hmmm, lots n lots of words up there, time for some pics....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  3. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

MacsLady, once again, great analysis of Mac's character, and i agree with you entirely!! :hugegrin::hugegrin: the more we find out about all his hidden facets to who he is and why he is the way he is, the more i fall in love with man!!! :luvlove::luvlove: the relationship he had with his father is one of things i admire the most about him and his past. mac obviously didn't develop his character in a vacuum, and i have to admit i'm rather envious of him when you start to imagine the kind of man his father must have been.

and yes, i really really really wanted to pick up the phone and dial his number!! although it would have been even better had it been his cell!! :devil::devil:

and finally, i can't leave without a donation, so here is a little work of love i threw together this evening that i thought i'd share: :D

[​IMG]
    :adore: :drool: :adore: :drool: :adore: :drool: :adore: :drool: :devil: :drool: :devil: :drool: :devil: :drool: :devil: :evil: :devil: :evil: :devil: :evil: :devil:

^^ thought progress........!!!!!

:angel::hugegrin::angel:

Blue, glad you liked it!!! :) haha, i had waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much enjoyment spending three straight hours getting stills of mac, especially since, yes, there is smiley mac!!! :D not a lot of out and out smiley mac, but he is so totally relaxed in this ep it is just delightful!! :adore: as i said someplace else, he seems to be in a totally different place mentally than a few weeks ago. and i'd like to think we know the reason why!! ;) *big squishy hugs for my mac*!!! :D:adore:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  4. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Jade, love the Mac wallpaper, it's lovely.:drool::drool::drool:
    I really like how even 6 seasons into the show, we're learning more little bits about Mac. I've said before that I'd be interested to learn about his family, and we got a little bit of that in Blacklist. It was great seeing his parents.
    Now I'm hoping for more Mac flashbacks, of the Marines and his relationship with Claire.

5. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

Indeed great analysis MacsLady! I totally agree with you. And yeah I'd be awesome to see more flashback's from his past. I'm especially keen to see his marine years...

I just got the information that season 5 starts in Finland on two weeks. ;) I'm so excited *jumps* I've waited this so long! Although I've tried to heal my pain by watching bits of different episodes from youtube :rolleyes: but it's always the best to watch it with your language subtitles. In that way you'll be sure you're understand everything right and you don't have to pay all your attention to listening and you can pay attention to WATCHING! :D:D:D

Jade; Amazing wlp! Hmm that another pic looks familiar! :lol: Glad you find a way to use it! :D The man looks so damn hot! :drool::drool::drool:

6. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

:D:D glad you like it!!! yeah, i already had that pic squirreled away in my collection, but had sort of not really looked at it in a while and kinda forgotten about it................*bad bad me*...... so thank YOU for the much needed reminder and inspiration!!! :hugegrin::hugegrin:

random pic of the day:

[​IMG]
    'morning, Detective! need some help with that shirt and tie?;):devil::devil:

and YAY!!!! for season 5!!!:hugegrin::hugegrin::hugegrin:

7. hammer227

hammer227 Rookie

it's a good thing this thhread exist...just had a shitty day at work but i came here anf a smile appread on my face!! MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAC :adore: :adore: :adore:

thanks for posting the pics Taylor girls!!! *loves the wall paper*:D

8. wildcat

wildcat Witness

Ahhhhh......:eek: :eek: :drool: :drool: :drool: :adore::adore: (THUD! :lol:)

I see, that's a very dangerous place here. :guffaw::guffaw:

Jade, I LOVE this /Mac_in_the_blue_shirt/ wallpaper you made. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Ok, I see where the first half of that pic came from, but where did you get the second one? Were you really able to get both so fitting from the same episode? :rolleyes::thumbsup: (well, I'm just guessing that it's from the same one, as the shirt is the same. :lol:)

And the one with Mac with the shirt collar up is one of my favorites. :drool:;)

Here is my contribution:

[​IMG]

Could not agree more with that. I also would like to have some more "Mac life story". And I definitely would like to see Mac with Claire to understand his ever-lasting feelings about her.

But there is a problem - if they were to show younger Mac, they would need another actor - in Blacklist they did an amazing job, Mac really looked so much younger,:thumbsup: but I think it's about the limit age-wise. ;)
    As for Claire, it would be fine to shoot it with Gary, but I was wondering about one thing. - There was Claire's photo where we could see her face quite clearly. Whose photo was that? An actress? Somebody from Gary's family or friends? Anonimous stranger from the web?

9. wildcat

wildcat Witness

Sorry about that. :(
    Just tell yourself that this day ALREADY PASSED! :devil:
    And get a dose of Mac/SMack! That's a prescription!
    :lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. hammer227

hammer227 Rookie

:lol::lol::lol::lol: you know with a prescription like this i'm SO gonna dump my current doctor and take you instead!!! not sure my heart will appreciate though :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

Thanks for the pics Wildcat, i dont remember if i said welcome to the madhouse :rolleyes::rolleyes: if i didnt my bad, i apologize and WELCOME ABOARD!!!

11. wildcat

wildcat Witness

You are welcome ;)
    And - here is (just for you! - to brighten up this day with THE smile ;)) the one I was really looking for (could not find it right away)

[​IMG]

Sorry, I think it's a bit bigger than the normal format, but I can not change the size as then I won't be able to post it (cannot upload yet, just to link :rolleyes:).
    And - the most important ;) - copyright - it's not mine - author KrissyB on fanpop.com.

12. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i have that pic on the wall by my desk (among others) - i love it :D <3

13. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Thanks Ladys for the nice picture. :thumbsup:

Here Mac with a blue shirt. What looks very well. And Claire, unfortunately, without Mac.

:drool::drool::drool::drool:

[​IMG]

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

[​IMG]

Claire!
    [​IMG]

14. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ wow, she really looks like angell....

15. hammer227

hammer227 Rookie

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek: *thud*

LOVES LOVES LOVES LOVES LOVES :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore:

i LOVE when he smiles!!!!it's contagious he smiles and i do too lol yeah i'm that weird :lol::lol::lol:

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.