"Lying Down with Dogs" Discussion *SPOILERS*

well, I enjoyed this episode much more than the one last week. I thought this episode was better presented then some of the others so far this season. I too was happy that Warrick's situation didn't dominate the hour, but at the same time, I am glad that there may be more to this than meets the eye, with the "mole" within the department.

I had a giggle at doc up on stage, but I think it's just because I am so used to seeing him in the morgue.

And yes Dizz, of all people to comment on "ass kissing", but Hodges :lol:

I am sorry, but people do move on in life and at work after others leave...including the csi team. I don't think Sara's presence would have done anything to the episode. The right people were working the two cases.

I liked this ep, it reminds me of what got me into CSI in the first place.

Good job getting dog fighting into the light that it's not rigt to do.

I thought it was interesting that Greg and Nick were the ones called to the dog graveyard. It's rare that any CSI other than Grissom and Catherine get the opening part. I applaud whomever thought of that it was well done.

Warrick...way to get yourself suspended...should have just listened in the first place.

I too liked Nick stepping up and taking a lead role. We need more of that...and more Greg!

Also agree that the show is doing well without Sara. I think it was best that she take her time and let the other deal with their issues and work.

Hodges line "no one likes a kiss ass" was well intended but also was a big oxymoron. He needs to realize what he's saying before he says it, insert foot in mouth here.

Almost forgot about Doc's band, I thought they were a nice addition. Hope they can be incorporated into more eps. Nice to see Doc out and about from behind the slab.

Warrick's face looks so swollen for some reason, like he got stung by bees. I hope his case gets solved soon because the sooner that Getta guy is off the streets, the better everything will be. I hate anything mob related; Las Vegas is seamy enough, but with Getta and his ilk, there will surely be more gruesome scenes to come.

Looks like Warrick has decided to subscribe to the Catherine Willows dictum of ignoring the rules and staying on the case even though his supervisor warned him to stay away.

I would have liked to have seen Warrick interact with Nick and Greg, maybe have them sympathize or encourage him.

I loved this episode. I was glad to see Hodges again. Liked seeing Greg and Nick work together. LOVED the Hodges/Wendy interaction. "Treat yourself the way you would like others to treat you" is going on my list of favorite quotes ever.

I also really liked seeing how much Nick cared about the dogs. It's something I take a very huge stand on, and to see a character I love caring so much really tickled my fancy.

Plus, the long-haired kennel worker was really hot. Anyone else think so? No?

The kennel worker was more cute than hot to me.

I loved and hated this episode. Loved the acting but I hated what was happening to Warrick *hugs Warrick* as well to the dogs. :( :( I had to turn away half of the time during the dog scenes. I was happy to see Nick and Greg in the opening scene. They both did well but wanted more Greggo!

Hodges cracked me up! It totally made my night!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for the "mole" or what I call the voice. Whoever it is I'd bet that we saw him in this episode and its not random. And I have played it sloooow so from the guesses people have posted or been thinking, if the guyh has a gold watch, he is likely the guy.

I wonder how they constitute filming dogs fighting like that for a show. I mean, I don't know how you can teach dogs to act like that, it's not like teaching them to attack people and stop on command. It's just something I was wondering about during the dogfighting scenes...

I wasn't a big fan of this ep. I was a bit disappointed that there was so little time devoted to Warrick. The whole idea of dog fighting is sick. It's great that CSI has brought attention to it, but the scenes with the dogs just made me sick to my stomach. I was glad that the person who was most involved in the dog fighting was killed. I have to say this about the kid's comment: "I was nice enough to euthenize her before I threw her to the dogs"

I wouldn't have euthenized her. I have 3 dogs and if anybody ever did something like that to them, I would not be nice.

I hope Warrick plot line doesn't get dropped. Now there's trouble for him from inside the LVPD and CSI only has one more episode filmed. I hope the strike lets up soon.

Any chance Judge Cohen (the sleeze bag that had Warrick running bets for him in season one) could be involved?

I don't know if I would consider this a 'good' or 'bad' ep. sickening and almost like the "Criminal Minds' series, they'd do this. The beginning with Warrick's interrogation, he looked like a 'deer in the headlights' and so cornered :( Nick and Greg at the dog dump site, they even looked sick. It was good to see Det. Vega again, I like him. Good to see Doc singing..fun and he's pretty good. The Hodges and Wendy encounter, so she's dating someone else AHHH, sorry Hodges, but good for her. I knew she wasn't interested in him :( Brass as always stable and funny and interesting, his reactions to the a..hole strip club owner :DNick and Cath discovering that strapping contraption, and the hidden camera, like old CSI! The gang-bangers, so conducive to Vegas, and their sickening too! And the dog fight, unbeliveable and I can't comprehend this, I had to look away.. horrible, that other humans would do this to animals so vicious. Nick so kind and caring about the dogs, and so compassionate to the boy, who did kill that Lizzy lady, what a rotten individual :mad: So this fat-slob did plant evidence on the homeless guy, and I didn't like Grissoms cold reaction to Warrick at all, "suspension or fired" nice job boss!! :( he's turned cold, and unkind.. I did miss Sara, she needed to be there for the sympathetic element ;), how she loves animals, she would have freaked out, and been so against this, I just feel empty and sick to my stomach after this one!

Wow! I had many flashbacks of the good old days of CSI with this one. There was a nice blend of CSI’s, some actual processing of evidence, a blend of lab rats interspersed throughout. This one also reminded me of “Precious Metal” from season 3, with the dogs in place of the ‘bots. And, oh the poor dogs! I grew up on a farm and have a great love for animals. It almost hurt to watch this one at times.

Starting off with Warrick being interrogated by the IAB. The IAB agent’s profound statement: “Today is the first day of the rest of your life”. Kind of prophetic, I guess, as we’ll see how Warrick comes out of this rough patch he’s going through.

I liked that this one wasn’t all about Warrick, and that his case was limited. We had enough of it in the last episode. Having it in the forefront again would be overkill.

The return of Detective Sam Vega!!!!! Oh how nice it is to see his friendly face again. Now, if we could only get a clue as to the whereabouts of Sofia.

Cath & Super Dave processing the body in the morgue. It’s quiet scenes like this that I’ve missed in the past few seasons. The two of them working together to process the body.

Super Dave telling Doc that he heard about Doc’s band “rockin out” the previous evening. A nice character trait that’s added to Doc Robbins, taken from Robert David Hall’s personal musical ability and his love for music.

Vega & Cath interviewing Doc in the morgue as a witness. That’s a nice added dimension that I don’t think we’ve seen before – a non-CSI main character as a witness to a case. I liked the moment at the end of the scene with Catherine asking Doc if he’s going to be okay with processing the body. Doc’s response “Just not used to seeing them alive” is another character trait from Doc that you don’t realize. He’s used to seeing dead bodies, but he’s not used to actually knowing them personally.

Getta visits Brass while he’s eating lunch at his desk. Another interesting quirk that we haven’t seen in quite a while. We used to see the CSIs and Brass eating quite often in the early seasons 1 & 2, but not so much in the past few.

Warrick passing Getta in the hall, and Getta smiles behind Warrick’s back. It just really makes me wonder – If they’re always going to go down this “mob” route every season or two, why in the world did they kill off Sam Braun? Sam was always much more interesting as the mob guy because of his personal connection with Cath and his dislike of Gil. Even if he wasn’t the “bad guy” all the time, it was always fun to watch him interact with some of the other “seedier” characters.

Brass telling Gil that he knows Warrick didn’t kill the girl, but says he doesn’t make accusations without proof. Oh really, Jim? I thought Gil’s “I have to trust the people I work with” comment to Brass was quite hypocritical as well. Why should you trust them now, Gil? You haven’t been honest with them in the past few seasons, why start now?

Warrick: “I want this case, Gris.”
Gil: “I hope you know that’s not going to happen.”
Finally, Gil gets his head out of his ass and realizes the situation of how wrong this really could go.

Wendy & Hodges – Hodges joined Wendy & her date for dinner as he was eating alone! So, the question would be – did he know Wendy was going to be there eating with her date, and he was following her? Or was it just coincidence that they were at the same place eating at the same time? And OMG! Hodges accusing Wendy of sucking up to the boss: “no one likes a kiss ass” Ha! That’s priceless! I wish Wendy would have had a better comeback than “really” (after Hodges had already left).

Nick speaking Spanish again. RAWR!!

Cath watching the press conference on television and drinking coffee! I’ve still got the warm & cozy feeling again. Henry brings his lab results. Cath finds a name on the list that rings a bell! This is the CSI I love and adore. These kinds of "personal" moments mixed in with work. Not the "anvil dropping" personal stories.

Henry to Cath: “I know government employees are ineligible for reward money, but I think we should at least get a small percentage.”
Cath to Henry: “It’s called your salary.”
Cath the spoilsport. Poor Henry.

The dogfight raid – Detective Vega in action! Did I mention the fact that I love the return of Vega?

Officer Mitchell again at the scene with Gil. I swear Mitchell only works with Gil and none of the other CSIs. I like that they’re giving him some added screen time, but haven’t they ever heard of mixing it up a bit?

Greg finds the “key” piece of evidence that turns the case in the right direction. It just made me realize that Greg had all of a sudden disappeared from the beginning of this episode.

The return of ADA Jeffrey Sinclair. That’s a nice bit of unexpected continuity. How interesting to have the guy as a police informant. Haven’t seen that scenario in a while.

I feel a bit sorry for Tommy (the killer), as I wasn’t sorry the lady was murdered. My love of animals coming to the fore in this instance.

Warrick busting in on the interview with the homeless guy. Wow! That gave me a big flashback to Cath & Sara in “Lady Heather’s Box”. It actually made me miss Sara again. Cath & Sara did the scenario much better, IMO.

Gil forces Warrick to accept the suspension. It’s about time.

I don’t know how they did it, but TPTB have actually made me dislike Warrick, even though I know he’s being set up here.

So, who’s the dirty cop? It’s got to be someone we’ve met in previous episodes, right? They can’t just bring in a new guy out of the blue to be the snitch. It would be extremely disappointing if they did. At least let it be someone we’ve had a glimpse of. It can't be Sofia. It wasn't Ecklie's voice. How about the undersheriff? Who else from the past has been a thorn in the CSI's side?

In summary – I actually quite liked this episode. Yes, it had its weak moments, but I got a lot of “warm and cozy” moments of reminders from the “good old days of CSI”. At least I see a sign of (slow) improvement over the past few seasons.

Again, another late night but I had to post how wonderfully sad and touching and awesome this episode was all at the same time.

first of all,
HELLLLOOO DET. VEGA!!! Where has he been and who knew what a kick-ass rightous cop he was? Now that CSI is bringing back the Detectives, bring back Sofia and Vartann. :D

Most all of the posts say the same thing, this episode is very similar to episodes in previous seasons. ITA. From the finding of the bodies, the smart-ass one-liners, this time spoken by Nick, to the procssing and actual evidence gathering, it's nice to see those things back in CSI.

The storyline (the dog one) was so touching and hearbreaking. The kid had the right idea, he thought was doing the right thing, and in retrospect, he was. And someone correct me if I'm wrong, was the actress who played Lizzy, Jamie Lunar from Melrose Place?

The Warrick case was interesting at the end. Just when you thought it was going to be a predictable ending, there is a twist to the case.
So, what are the guesses it's the DA? Or the Undersherrif. I never did like that guy and Warrick had it in for him.

I really really really liked this episode. Too bad we have to wait until January for a new episode.

yep Jamie Luner, was lexi on Melrose Place.

Unfortuantely I dont think we will know who the "mole" or "voice" is until later episode. I re-watching the end starting with Grissom telling Warrick to take the suspension or he's fired til the very end I got to thinking about something. What if Warricck's outburst and Grissom saying what he said was a trap of some kind? To get the mole?!?!?! I thought of this b/c of how Warrick reacted and my gut. Maybe its wishful thinking that he isnt in as much trouble as he actually is. Also think about this before you decide I'm crazy for this or not. Why did Grissom say this do it so out in the open and near where the "mole/ voice" could hear it!??!? He could have pulled him into Brass's office and shut the door and calmly say the same thing to Warrick!

I identify with all of the good things above that were said about the ep. I really liked it. Not my favorite ever, but I really really liked it. The case was a strong one, really touching. I like the cases that get under your skin, but MAN I couldn't watch that dog fight.

Nick took the stage very nicely (and spoke Spanish :D). Vega and Doc, and Superdave and Warrick...all in all great case, great character stuff and who the hell the "mole" is is KILLING ME.

Do you guys thing that the Undersherriff is TROUBLE? I don't think that that was him, but I think he is involved.........

^ I don't know if he is involved, but I almost hope he is so the CSIs can catch him and arrest him.

I really hate the Undersheriff anyway, :lol: He's an *ss.

This is I think the second time that CSI's episode dealt with animal cruelty. I remember last season about the cruelty towards chickens. I wonder in last night's episode, with the dog fighting, if they used an old film, or if they used fake dogs to make it appear that they were fighting. I wouldnt think that they would use dogs to fight and film it for us viewers to see...Or maybe they used 2 seperate scenes and make it appear as 1? Then the murder victim was abusing one of her dogs, I mean it looked like she was hitting the dog. I was actually very happy that she was murdered. Someone who goes around killing dogs for money, and using them for fighting is so cruel. She deserved what she got.

Back