Louise/Sofia: A Lady With Attitude Part IV

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Drumchik, Aug 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jorja_Rain

Jorja_Rain Lab Technician

Is Jorja still on? Nope? Oh, right...

Anyway, I hope Louise has made the right decision for herself, that's all that counts, even though I still miss Sofia a lot, I'm glad I don't have to keep watching CSI as it had sucked for the past two seasons. I'm excited to see Louise in other projects, even if it'll take 5 years for me to actually get to see any of the movies ;-)

2. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

As much as I love hearing her British accent, I hope she's going to work in the US more in the future, I don't really like the British style of movie making. As long as Louise stars in it, I'm willing to watch almost everything though. ;)

3. Bullit_01

Bullit_01 Hit and Run

Anyone wanting a little more info on Kiss of Death/Louise see a feature here. I've also got a little snippet from a Danny Dyer interview which is quite interesting. Be warned there may be spoilers of a sort for CSI (although anything could happen).

An FYI for my foreign friends: the British don't really do TV movies like the Americans, a one-off drama is a bit like a good episode of Waking the Dead. Don't expect a movie because all you'll get is an extended tv episode. If I can rustle up some photos I'll put them on my LJ.

Ben

4. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

i agree that CSI hasn't been up to what it usually is lately but they have to deal with alot of cast changes and i think they're handling it quite well. you mustn't lose your faith in the show that fast they have some really god moments and you shouldn't be watching a show just for one actress.and a CSI forum is a bad place to dis the show.

5. Jorja_Rain

Jorja_Rain Lab Technician

Are you even allowed to tell me what I should and should not do?

Where else would I state my opinion about CSI? Is there a special board where people can go once they start hating the show?

Also, just because you don't like an opinion does not give you the right to ask for censorship. I'm allowed to state my opinion. And guess what, I don't care what you think.

6. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I wonder if they'll ever explain what they did with Sofia. Considering that Louise was actually in the credits at one stage, and became a character most people knew, rather than a random detective, I would have thought they would at least have an off-hand comment from Brass like "Oh yeah, Sofia transferred back to Boulder City" or something. Evil tptb.

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Maybe McKeen killed her, because she found out he was evil and the mole:klingon: and we'll find out in S/9!and he of course would have caught her off guard, like he did Warrick and blown her away, he seems capable of anything!

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  8. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I reckon Sofia would have taken him out. She's too badass to get knocked off by him! :devil:

9. Bullit_01

Bullit_01 Hit and Run

Makes you wonder what that weird scene in Big Shots was for. You'd think they knew that LL was leaving for good and would plan accordingly. So was it foreshadowing McKeen as creepy/sleazy bcause it seemed really out of place otherwise.

Hey, maybe Sofia will come back as the new Undersheriff :lol:

10. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Who is McKeen and why is he a mole?

Exactly. I find it disrespectful to write characters out without explanation. After 3 seasons on the show she would have deserved at least one small scene to explain where she went.

11. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

He is the undersheriff who is up to his eyeballs in what happens to warrick, in the season finale.

12. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Thanks for the info.

I was just wondering how Sofia would know about him, she hasn't been present in like forever, and I dind't remember the character from back when Sofia was still there...

13. byline

byline CSI Level One

I believe McKeen has been on the series since Season 5; "Grave Danger" may have been the first time we saw him. Though they keep changing the actors and their characters (sheriff, undersheriff, etc.), and they're all balding, middle-aged men, so I have a hard time telling them apart, LOL!

Could you describe that? My memory ain't what it used to be . . . and it's never been very good.

I, too, would like to see Sofia get a better send-off. She just sort of disappeared after appearing in the season premiere (was that all?) this season. She and the actress, Louise Lombard, deserve better.

14. Bullit_01

Bullit_01 Hit and Run

Big Shots was the ep with the brother of the guy Greg ran over. Sofia went to the house and the mother threw wine at her. Back at the station, McKeen comes up to her while she's trying to clean up and tells her she's got a great future with the department. Something like that. It was a really odd scene to just drop in the ep, but it did come across as weird to Curtis in the way Louise played it so maybe it was supposed to be.

Personally I don't think the odd McKeen stuff from then or the Keppler eps was necessarily a precursor to the S8 finale, I think he was being played as the new Ecklie since dear Conrad became a nice guy after Grave Danger (See Rashomama), but it just seemed like a weird thing to say when Curtis was just one of the detectives (Unless there was an idea for the Curtis character before LL jacked it in). Then again maybe they just wanted to make sure we knew he was a politician.

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  15. byline

byline CSI Level One

Ah, OK, I'd forgotten about that. Interesting. It does seem like that's a loose end that never got tied up properly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.