Louise Lombard/Sofia Curtis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sofia Curtis

i didn't really like her at first either, too much screentime taking away screentime from regular cast, etc, but now i am starting to like her. i agree that her being there brings out "happy grissom," which is nice to see again. I appreciate (ha ha, this is not even a real person and i appreciate her!) how she handles herself within the new position she has found herself in: her response to Catherine's gigantic freak-out at the morgue was classy i would have to say; her attempt to bond with sara (saying she missed being trusted, etc) was well played i thought, not as a kind of "ooh lets be best freinds now" but kind of reaching out for a friendly face; and of course, her little comment to brass about taking a "face-to-face" ride on her b/f's new harley was hysterical. (i have to say though, the amount of oversharing of sexual experiences or hints these people drop would probably get them slapped with a harassment lawsuit or two in real life. IMO)
I find it amusing how they try to hide her pregnancy, reminds me of season 1 of X-files: gillian anderson (scully) in bulky sweaters and trenchcoats, doing a lot of atopsying of aliens and whatnot. Like we don't know she's pregnant! :rolleyes:

Posted by ancienttomb:
*cough* :D

What's that supposed to mean?LOL

Sofia is CSI level 3 from day shift,she worked for Ecklie,and after "Mea Culpa",she was demoted and now works for Grissom :)

Oh, Is she that one with blonde hair that Grissom meets in the elavator in that ep wher Ecklie is made Head of CSI? :)

Yeah,that's Sofia
About*cough*,well,i had bad cold couples of days ago,so i was coughing when i added the post :p
I'm still coughing right now :lol:

Sofiaaaaaa, I've just met a girl named Sofiaaaaaa...

And suddenly that name... Will never be the same...

To MEEEEEEEEEEEE......

:rolleyes:

I'll stop now.

I never really had an opinion about Sofia until I started reading fanfic in which she is mercilessly bashed and made out to be an Iago-type evil schemer. I knew this couldn't be right, so I read some transcripts of episodes with her in it, looking for the source of these assumptions. I didn't find it. So, in a moment of non-logic, I started liking her. I think what I like best about her is shown in the episode "No Humans Involved", where she runs after the evidence even as the shooter is still firing his gun. It shows what takes first priority in her mind, which is obviously not her own safety, and also shows how this focussed and brave countenance of hers is both a virtue and a fault in her - I don't want her to be a saint, I want her to be a person.

I think she has been unfairly judged too early and not given a chance.

I always liked her for:

1. She talks to herself (something I do ALL the TIME!)

2. She stuck up for Grissom in Mea Culpa and ended up getting demoted because of it. She has taken this demotion well as far as treating others around her.

3. She took the high road when catherine snapped at her back in Big Middle.

The only reason I don't like Sofia is because she takes time away from the main characters. It feels like TPTB are just shouting "GET USED TO HER, SHE'S GOING TO BE A REGULAR". Especially in Unbearable when she had the most screen time out of ANYBODY. It was just ridiculous. As Marg Helgenberger said, TPTB have brought Sofia in to remind the main cast that they are replaceable and they're not! This is why the season finale has me so worried about the life and death situation. If they kill off Sara or Greg or someone and replace them with Sofia, it will absolutely ruin the show. Just the thought of that makes me very angry. Yuck. If everyone stays on the show and Sofia doesn't take up screentime, then she's fine.

I know, and in your theory, the actors are basically being fired over her. I can see that point if TPTB decided to keep her and fire someone off (which we know won't happen).

On the other hand, sometimes actors WANT to leave a role and TPTB are forced to bring in someone new. Sometimes I don't think in those situations the new characters get an even break from longtime fans (and I admit I am guilty of it myself. I hated Benjamin Bratt because I loved Chris Noth too much-though I had read that was not Noth's decision to leave).

In this situation, I don't think Sofia was brought in to make the other actor's think twice about leaving. I know Marg said something to that affect, but I see it as the show is 5 years old and it's completely plausible that in a working environment someone new would be hired/transferred.

I don't think she's going to be on the show for too much longer. Perhaps she's a tragic hero? Someone who (for some people) is great, charismatic, they really like her, but there's one flaw that leads to her downfall? Maybe the fact that she chases after dangerous subjects (read: suspects) and the like? I do like her though, she's--alright.

I don't know, I've always seen her as just staying on the show for a little while and then being killed off. She's gone, and everyone realizes what an asset she was to the lab. Ecklie sees what a jerk he is for putting her on nights in the first place and chastizes Grissom for it, even though it probably wasn't his fault. Catherine stands up for him and Ecklie gets angry at her, possibly for also having an affair (if that even happens, I'm trying to wrap my mind around it) and demotes her??? Mayyyybeee??

I'm really just shooting ideas off, but really I don't think Sophia Curtis is going to be around for too long.

I don't really like her that much. For me, her character is too... cold. Catherine and Sara are already no-nonsense and tough; if they were going to bring in another woman character, it would've been nice for her to be a little warmer, quirkier, funnier....

*MissDee starts dreaming of what someone like Joan Cusack or Bonnie Hunt could bring to the role*

Ahem - sorry about that.... Anyway, in my opinion, the character of Sofia just doesn't add anything new and fresh to the cast. When you've got a roster as large as CSI, including regs and semi-regs, I think that kind of move risks lowering the overall quality of the show.

I think Sofia is a nice addition to the cast and Im sorry to see her go. I hope she returns for Season 6 :) She helped bring out the old Gil :D Even if it was just a little. :p You have to admit he has been more humorous since Sofia came on the cast. :lol:Like 'King Baby' :lol: HILARIOUS!! I didnt really like it when Catherine was mean to Sofia when her and Griss did the autopsy before she arrived. I felt bad....when the bully hits the new kid... :p Ok, my train of though just derailed.

Discuss
--GGCSI

Posted by MissDee:
*MissDee starts dreaming of what someone like Joan Cusack or Bonnie Hunt could bring to the role*
I would be excited to have Joan Cusack as a character on CSI! She gives me a warm fuzzy feeling whenever I see her in a movie. :lol:

But you may be right, about having a female character who is warmer and more sensitive. Unfortunately, Nick already fills that quota. :D

Posted by GilGrissomCSI:
I think Sofia is a nice addition to the cast and Im sorry to see her go. I hope she returns for Season 6 :) She helped bring out the old Gil :D Even if it was just a little. :p You have to admit he has been more humorous since Sofia came on the cast. :lol:Like 'King Baby' :lol: HILARIOUS!! I didnt really like it when Catherine was mean to Sofia when her and Griss did the autopsy before she arrived. I felt bad....when the bully hits the new kid... :p Ok, my train of though just derailed.

Discuss
--GGCSI

I agree with you. Sofia was a nice addition to the cast.. that and she brought out a smile or two in Grissom. Something we have not seen in a while. I hope she returns. I have to admit my disappointment in some of the fans from other web based sites who have wished the actress ill so she will not be able to return... and I quote "interfer with Gil and Sara. " that in my book is wrong and totally immature. It is a TV show. To wish an actual person ill so they can not return is totally wrong in my opinion. but hey that is just me.

If you become too obsessed with something, it can be dangerous for your personality. The illness-wish madness is a good example for that.

Yeah, Sofia is nice. really hope to see her back for season 6, I had no idea she was leaving :eek:
And I didn't like how Catherine was mean to her either, poor Sofia. but she seems stong enough to not (god I hate it when my english just stops) cry about it? hm, yeah.. maybe you can say that. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back