Locker Room #16: Carmine - The Whore Of The Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eddie needs to start modeling ties. ;) :devil: :devil: :devil:

So what did you guys think of Carmine's performance tonight? I gotta say, I was a little surprised initially that Danny didn't break down crying, but as the episode went on I realized Danny was simply completely in shock. I loved that final scene in the church--Carmine's face is so expressive, and he just did wonders in that scene. What did you guys think?

I was playing "Spot Carmine Giovinazzo" while I was watching the VS fashion show as well. :lol:

I didn't realize that Eva La Rue was sitting next to him though, but I did notice the really tall guy sitting next to him. Hehe. You could definitely tell his attention span was starting to drop off after a while, I find that it is so darn cute. He didn't even seem to notice Seal's uber!shiny outfit in his second performance. :lol:

Mr. Adam Rodriguez on the other hand, was paying full attention throughout the show. :lol:

I haven't had the chance to watch Child's Play yet, so I'm just skimming through any comments about the episode so remain in the dark. ;) I'm even trying to avoid the episode discussion thread, I hope I can control myself!

Top41 said:
So what did you guys think of Carmine's performance tonight? I gotta say, I was a little surprised initially that Danny didn't break down crying, but as the episode went on I realized Danny was simply completely in shock. I loved that final scene in the church--Carmine's face is so expressive, and he just did wonders in that scene. What did you guys think?

I loved the performance. I agree that he was in shock and hadn't even begun to process what had happened. The scene in the church was great. Not only did he display a range of emotions without saying a word, but I also liked that Ruben's mom knew he was there and didn't seem to want his comfort/support. I hope they follow-up with this story and show more of Danny's guilt and Ruben's mom holding Danny at least partially responsible.

Top41 said:
I was surprised too, but I'm glad it was played the way it was. If Danny melted down the way we saw him do with Louie, Carmine would run the risk of looking like a one trick pony. Like he's good at the on-screen tears, so they trot that out once a season. Shock, disbelief and regret were a nice road to take. We've seen loss and grief before. The depth of the various emotions he can convey without ever saying a word is truly a work of beauty. To watch his face melt down into a hundred different things at once leaves me in awe every time.

It's that kind of subtle performance that makes us keep coming back for more. Had he immediately broken down -- and admit it, most of us expected that off the bat -- it would have seemed overdone, since he had a few more critical scenes to execute after that one in the morgue. I agree: he was in shock when he first saw that body. After all, he had just left Ruben on his bike on the street (a discussion for another thread), and here he is on a slab in the morgue? I wouldn't believe my eyes either.

It was beautifully played, his entire performance, especially his scenes with the mother. I only wish that the season was longer so we could see a progression (wishful continuity thinking) of how it affects him.

It was a great performance from Carmine (as expected). :( Here are a couple of screencaps from last night:

ny411-000347.jpg

ny411-000413.jpg

ny411-000957.jpg

I did kind of expect him to break down right away, and I wonder if at some point we will see tears from Danny over this. But I think shock and horror was the way to go for this episode. I don't know if the reality of Ruben's death sank in for Danny until he had to tell Rikki, and I loved the scene where they both sank to the floor. So, so sad.

Thanks for the caps, Elsie! I love seeing his expressions.

I was a bit skeptical when he first saw Ruben in the morgue, it just seemed kinda forced to me, but he definitely improved throughout the rest of the episode. I found the other story took away from the Danny storyline though.

Carmine was amazing in CP. Danny was perfect in every scene.

One thing that got my atention (and didn't talk about it already)in that interrogation scene, when Hawkes asks him :"Did you see him firing his gun?". Something rub me wrong. Must be because it felt like a OTJ deja-vu. Danny looking cornered. And I think Danny felt it too, because of the tone of his voice " I never said he did it. I said I heard a gunshot." I felt him a tad defensive the first couple of seconds. Later, when he said that Lucy told him that the perp fired his gun he seemed more calm.

shot0001uk5.jpg

I gotta say, I was a little surprised initially that Danny didn't break down crying, but as the episode went on I realized Danny was simply completely in shock.

Surprised me too. He didn't broke down. That worries me now. Because Danny is the type to crash and burn, and now he didn't. He's holding it inside and what worries me is that if this keeps accumulating to other feelings, not to mention the possibility of this waking up monsters from his past (Aiden's death, OTJ thing, the whole Louie saga) it will all add up, and the breakdown will be really, really bad! :(

He was amazing in Child's Play!

I think that one of the ways you tell an actor is really good as that they don't have speak for you to understand what they're feeling.

I'm a little worried about a future breakdown as well. Though it could make for more great drama and performances. His walking from Lindsey almost made me laugh, but I'm just glad it didn't turn into a D/L episode. Maybe walking from an actress that isn't as good as everyone else is the best way to play off her. :lol:

But the hallway scene and the one at the end were amazing.

That's a great On the Job-related observation there! It would be nice if TPTB gave that episode a nod after all this time. :D Carmine was great in it too, and like Child's Play, it gave the audience much insight into Danny's personality and how his impetuousness (I hope that's the right word) cost him something valuable. In OtJ, it was his promotion to second grade. In Child's Play, well ... you guys know. :(

Awwww, Elsie's first screencap makes ya wanna hug him. :( That's the moment when he sees Ruben's body in the morgue for the first time, right? I really like that he didn't break down into major tears like in RSRD. The subtle grief and remorse had so much more impact than an outright display of sobs and tears.

Yes, there will definitely be continuity from this episode, possibly as early as episode 13. ;)

On a lighter note, hey! Now we know what the hallways in Danny's apartment building looks like! :p

I thought he did a phenomenal job last night. The man never ceases to amaze me as an actor, I have so much respect for him(Why has he never gotten an Emmy nod? They need to check out CSI NY). Anyways, I was expecting him to just break down tears and all, but it didn't really surprise me when I watched and he didn't. I think it may take a while for it all to really sink in. Although there was a small part of me that really wanted to see him crying like a baby in a corner, just because... :eek:

I agree, just give Carmine an Emmy nod already! He gave a fantastic performance in Child's Play. My favorite scene was when he was telling Rikki what had happened. :( I felt the tears forming in my eyes. He also gave a great reaction when he saw Ruben being wheeled into the autopsy room; you really felt his surprise and shock with the look on his face.

Like all you guys, I was a little surprised that Danny didn't have a meltdown like he did with Louie's situation. I'm worried for our boy, how much longer until he explodes with all that pent-up angst?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back