Locker Room #16: Carmine - The Whore Of The Show

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by MrsGiovinazzo, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^Yeah, exactly. I expected passionate anger from Danny, not a sad sort of resignation. Danny used to get so upset by things like that--when people harmed other people for selfish reasons. I wouldn't have thought he would have had compassion for a man who killed his own brother. I guess maybe in that moment it's possible he was thinking of Louie being in the hospital bed, and perhaps his own guilt got the better of him. But if Danny blames himself for what happened to Louie, I want to see more of that--not just have it vaguely hinted at.

2. Joolz

Joolz Police Officer

It hurts, it really does, to have such a wonderful, complex, slightly off the rails character such as Danny, reduced to someones puppet............just who is pulling his strings now??? the writers who think the Lindsay character is amazing Have they just handed him over to her character, to do with what she will..........Never before when I've watched a prime time show have they sacrificed a massively popular character for the good of the weak link......for the good of the storyline and the general show maybe! but never to prop up the weakest link.......
    That's what annoys me sooooo much......

Surely they must know, they have to know, that this lame plotline is going to backfire and leave us wondering...what the hell!!

3. bettine

bettine Dead on Arrival

4. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

^^Thanks for the link. I'm liking the outfit! Classically handsome right there. :D Better than the jeans/tshirt combination he's been into lately.

ETA: I can't believe he's only second generation. :eek: That's pretty amazing to me for some reason.

5. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Aww, I like the outfit too. He does look somewhat adorable in the pictures and the video. :) The video was really interesting too, and I think Ellis Island is a great cause, it was definately one of the most interesting places I went to in New York.

6. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

Thanks for posting, Bettine! That was an interesting story. And it really is amazing that racial prejudice exists in the US given all the Ellis Island stories. They're all the same story of people wanting exactly the same things and doing whatever it took to get there, but once settled, everyone focuses on their differences. Kinda bizarre, really.

But Carmine shared an interesting story, looks fantastic sporting the classic old-world look, and I think it's terrific that he's supporting such an important cause.

7. CrushinOnMesser

CrushinOnMesser Dead on Arrival

I agree. I've felt that this season has been his worst, in terms of personality. It's like he "shrunk" :eek:. I've always thought that the writers just pushed him to the background this time around, for others to get a bit of the spotlight, which is just not right :(.

I was expecting something more from Danny in this situation (being that it's like his own). And I was disappointed at how he sort of lost his passion :confused:.But it think I see where the writers were going for in this epi.

Danny gave the guy some slack. He understood what he felt. He felt like he killed his brother. In the case the guy actually did kill his brother and had major guilt. But Danny still blames himself for what happened to Louie :(. His big brother was protecting him from Sonny and he nearly got killed. Of course Danny felt responsible. Though the guy was actually guilty, Danny knew what that guilt felt. He felt it the moment he found out Louie risked his life for him. If he had a chance to be with his brother for a minute, let alone 10, for the last time, he'd take it, and appreciate it.

It was like pairing the Prom King with a Wallflower :mad:. She was never entirely well liked, so they needed to push her in well. What better way than pair it with the favorite? :rolleyes: Which sucks, cause I think she brought him down with her. I'd be ok with them together, as long as he wouldn't suffer. But look at him now, it's heartbreakingly pitiful.
    I miss my old Danny :(.

8. tiara4carmine

tiara4carmine Police Officer

Awwww, doesn't he look so spiffy and pretty in that pic with his nice shirt and braces, definitely not a look we're used to seeing :D :D :D

And now we can call him our Romantic Gladiator :D :D :D :D

9. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

Exactly, used to! Sadly, there’s very little of Danny Messer we all know & love left in this S3 Danny Messer! And it’s such a shame! :( Hope Carmine was right & this season we get the real Danny Messer back 4 good!

And worst, expect us not to see that… Or not to mind it, if we see it! Seriously??! :rolleyes:

On a lighter note.. It’s pretty cool that Carmine did that interview! And he did looked really cute.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PS. Nice tie - shirt combo. Striped and dots? :p Looks so familiar, but I just can’t put my finger on it! :D

10. Gaby

Gaby Rookie

i totally agree mrs g. to be honest america isnt that old. Unless you come from a long line of native americans then you do have another culture in you. so what does it matter if you came over with christopher columbus or 2 days ago.

I mean the the Hudson is named after a british man Henry hudson. :D

everyone wants the same thing that america provides us. Hope and freedom :cool:

(sorry in rant mode) lol :D

carmine looks fine in those photos :devil:

11. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I'm having a bit of a Captain Jack Harkness moment--meaning that I want to snap those suspenders. :devil: It's just so...tempting.

My great-grandmother came through Ellis Island. She was from Ireland. I'll always hate that she died long before I was born. I definitely can't understand why anybody in America of all places would feel that racism is justified. It's a nation of immigrants, I wish we could get past the hatred. :(

12. Danistheman

Danistheman Prime Suspect

I remember reading somewhere that Mr G also had English roots. Does anyone know anything about this?

13. Gaby

Gaby Rookie

i think the whole of america has english roots! :D

just think, if we didnt have imigration then we wouldnt have carmines beautiful italian/ american looks. :devil:

im thinking italian stallion mixed with american cowboy.

14. GregsAngel

GregsAngel Rookie

im all for that Fay when i saw the pic all i wanted to do is to snap them too he looked so good never saw him dressed like that :) :D ha maybe one of us will hold him down and the other snaps them lol :devil: :D

15. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

He looked quite good in that interview--the clothes suit him. And I'm glad that his hair has grown out a bit--I wasn't fond of Danny's almost-buzz cut.

Yeah, that's what I figured...it was coming from Danny's own misguided guilt. What happened to Louie isn't Danny's fault, but he still blames himself for it. It's one of the sweet traits the character has.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.