Locker Room #15: Single White Male--We Can Fix That

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out the current issue of Glamour, there's an article about "real womens fantasies" or something like that, and the very first one is a woman talking about her Danny fantasy hehe. It's near the end of the mag...I just noticed it while I was supposed to be putting the new ones into their binders at work. Not that they mind look throughs as long as I still get 'em done. I immediately thought of the group on here lol And it's not too naughty either, PG13 perhaps but no more. She just talks about getting arrested for a crime she didn't commit, convincing Danny of her innocence, and the passion taking over from there. But there's nothing that couldn't be posted on this board probably.

^ LMAO! I'm the one who wrote that little blurb in Glamour. It is indeed very PG-13 and also edited down from the last draft of the article I saw.

MrsGiovinazzo said:
^ LMAO! I'm the one who wrote that little blurb in Glamour. It is indeed very PG-13 and also edited down from the last draft of the article I saw.

:lol: Good to know it's out! I was going to look for that! :D

Sorry I didn't type out the little Glamour thing for you guys yesterday, but I didn't have the magazine handy. I do now. It's the April 2007 issue. Drew Barrymore is on the cover. Page 346. An article called "Real Women Reveal Their Sex Fantasies." They changed the heading on mine. It was "The One About A Televsion Character" and they changed it to "The One About A Celebrity" which doesn't make a whole lot of sense as it's about Danny, who is fictional and hence not a celeb.

My fantasy originally had more detail and the expert commented on why I'd find Danny more attractive than Carmine and I responded to that. As printed, they cut out the details of the fantasy and cut the back of forth discussion of finding a fictional character more attractive than the real man. Anyway, here goes[/i]:

The Fantasy:

"I have a recurring fantasy involving Danny Messer, intense detective from 'CSI:NY' played by Carmine Giovinazzo. He interrogates me for a crime I didn't commit, and I somehow convince him of my innocence. His passion proves ot be arousing, and I bust a move on him on my way out the door. He shoves me against a wall and we go for it."

So What Does It Mean?

A lot of women fantasize about celebrities to feel better about themselves (Hey, Brad Pitt wants me? I'm hot!), but often the characters they play provide great material too. "Because Danny is fictional, he's completely safe," says Queen [a sex expert]. A woman might opt for a made-up character over a real-life person in her fantasy life if she feels the need for a wide berth between herself and her erotic dreams (there's that darn guilt again!). Scott Halztman, M.D., author of the forthcoming 'The Secrets of Happily Married Women' and a psychiatrist at Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island, warns women against getting too caught up with this idealized fantasy figure. "No real-life man is going to burst into the burning builoding, rescue you from the fire and carry you off into the sunset," he says. "If you hold your partner up to this standard, both of you are going to be disappointed."

Does That Make Sense

"That analysis sounds spot-on," says Deborah. "For a married woman like me, fantasizing about someone who isn't real is guilt-free and comes without any of the dangers of picturing someone more accessible, like a co-worker or a next-door neighbor."

If you're wondering how it is that I came to write this little blurb, a friend of a friend works for Glamour and my friend said, "Oh, you're looking for someone with a crush on a tv character? I've got just the person for you!" :lol: I actually don't read the magazine and had to ask, "A sex fantasy about Danny? Sure, I can write something. How long and how dirty?" :lol: Short and clean. Bummer. :lol:

^ :lol: :lol: It was written for Glamour. It wasn't dirty. It was about the mesmerizing effect of his piercing blue eyes, watching him interrogate me but not really hearing his words because I was too transfixed by his body language, etc. Just a few sentences more detail in the fantasy, but sadly nothing dirty.

Thanks for posting MrsG! I wonder what Carmine would think if he read it! It's definitely one of my fantasies too but I agree with whoever wrote that me writing mine would not be PG:13.

MrsGiovinazzo said:
Deb, I was at Walgreens this evening dropping off film and I picked up the copy of Glamour that your blurb is in and started laughing when I read it- only because I know you. No one else will believe me that I know someone whose sex fantasy (well the pg-13 version) is in Glamour magazine. I will need your autograph in July. :lol:

MichelleK said:
I wonder what Carmine would think if he read it!
Gonna go out on a limb and assume that if I don't read Glamour, neither does he.

Thumpy - My actual Danny sex fantasy involves his handcuffs and gun. ;) But if you bring your Glamour with you in July, I will certainly autograph the article for you. Woo hoo! My first autograph. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back