LIMS #5: Final Results Now Up!

Re: LIMS #5: Challenge 9 ~ Logo ~ Now Up!

:lol: Megan, awesome theme, you can see all artists heads smoking from brooding about it! Good luck guys, can't wait to see the results!

Holy caboose, you guys sure have a tough challenge. :p Kudos to Megan. :lol: Can't wait to see how this goes!

Wow, now this does sound like a very difficult challenge, good luck to all those taking part, lets hope the creative juices are flowing. :lol:

I am late, I know, but I just wanted to quickly drop my congrats to the winners!! Heads Up with Kat and Steffi in the final round??? :eek: OMG!! I can't believe it. Awesome work, girls! :D

So, good luck everyone with the theme. I totally love the theme and have some awesome ideas. I wish I could enter.... :lol:

i have to admit i'm stuck ... this is harder than i thought.

me too. i'm just going to send what i like the most, because i'm totally drawing blanks with this one ha.

Well got mine in.....:eek: Can't wait to see whateveryone else did. This was tough.

OMG, got mine in as well :eek: My head's still hurting! That was a tough one.
I'm not going to be a danger guys! But I'm proud to be one of the final 4. :)
Good luck to all of you!

But I'm proud to be one of the final 4. :)

Oh my... You are a Cylon????? :eek: :eek: Hang on... that were the Final Five! Phew... ;) Sorry, couldn't resist! *points to banner* I am in a fever these days! :guffaw:

Good luck to all contestants! :D

LIMS 5: Final Voting!
The entries are all in, so I'm going to go ahead and open the voting. No point in making people wait ;)

Voting Rules:
~ Absolutely anyone may vote!
~ Please vote for the top two of least quality, and the top one of best quality.
~ Votes for least quality Must have a reason, or they will not be counted. Reasons for best quality are strongly encouraged

(the following examples may have been "borrowed" from other sources)

Good Examples:
34: Text is oddly placed
50: Icon is over sharpened
62: Image is too blurry

Poor Examples:
96: I don't like the colour (personal preference)
52: Tiny text/decorative brushes are unreadable (it's supposed to be that way)

And just a note: I know that voting in the final round is hard. Believe me, I do. But it has to be done, so please help me out!

To our four finalists: You should not vote in this round, as you'd be voting for everyone but yourself :lol:
Best of luck to all of you!

Logo01.jpg
Logo02.png
Logo03.jpg
Logo04.jpg

Last edited:

To our four finalists: You should not vote in this round, as you'd be voting for everyone but yourself :lol:
:lol: I wouldn't have thought of that! *slaps head* I'm not a really fast thinker :lol:
Awesome icons guys! Good luck to the three of you :)

Oh Gosh, I start this off... :eek: :eek: :eek: They are all fantastic and I do see the point of you guys still being in this competition.

02 - The colour of the background matches too much the colour of the Logo. I like the American flag on the corner though! THAT's good colouring! :)
04 - Rather random icon which is technically well done. Too much sky here for my taste too.

01 - I totally LOVE the idea and concept of 03, but since I read the other complaints about the middle of the "A" being still white, I have to agree and need to unfortunately step down from this one as best, just because of this let's say technical glitch. There we have 01 in place, which was striking beautiful from the beginning and since it is also technically perfect, it got to be my #01.

Wow! This was hard. I hope anyways loads of ppl come in and vote! I am really looking forward on knowing the final results!! :D

ETA: I did change my vote regarding the new voting rules. :)

Last edited:

Just a quick note, I've changed the voting rules a bit. Please vote for the top two of least, and the top one of best quality.

Last edited:

Oh geez, this is tough. :eek:

Least

03: It's really neat, but for the last round, it's kind of plain. It's probably because of the amount of black in the background and also the 'A' in Miami is white inside and should be black. :eek:
02: Another lovely icon, but the CSI:NY blends too much into the surrounding buildings making it a bit hard to focus.

Best
04: Excellent colouring, good separation between top and bottom and the lettering matches the background excellently. :)

Great job everyone!

Wow... This is very tough...

Least quality:
02 - To me, the flag is a bit distracting. Also, the color of the text is too similar to the background.
03 - I like the idea very much, but the hole in the alphabet 'a' should be black, i think that would make the 'a' more clear.

Best quality:
04 - I really like the coloring and the text stands out... Great job! :D

In all fairness, you guys did a fantastic job!!!! I tried really really really hard to be picky to find reasons for least quality...

Back