LIMS #5: Final Results Now Up!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Dragonfly, Jan 3, 2008.

1. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Re: LIMS #5: Challenge 9 ~ Logo ~ Now Up!

Least, ugh, I hate this:

01: I love the coloring, it just seems a little faded. Gorge scene though.

04: again, I love the scene! The banner bit covers a lot of my gorge state up though. Maybe it'd have been better at the top/bottom/slanted a bit.

Best:

Oh, gosh I really don't know. I'll have to say 02, simply because I love the bright colors and the slight flash of the flag at the side, great contrast. On a side note, I love the negative effect on the other one. Beautiful!

2. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

Holy crap this is well hard!.... :wtf: *Scratched head!*

Least Quality:

03. nice idea but it seems a little too plain for the last round, and not meaning to be picky but as someone already stated the "A" in "miami" should be black inside and not white :eek:.

02. Another lovely icon but the text blends too much into the surrounding buildings making it a bit hard to focus on.

Best Quality:

04 - Nice colouring, great seperation between the top and bottom, text works well with the surrounding buildings! Nice Job! :)

After all that I have to say the choices for the least quality were well hard to pick and the reasoning even hard! You all made this a very hard decision for me! Congrats on making it this far and good luck to you all!!

Meg, great theme for this round! :D

3. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Hmpf, I also hate this, especially in the last round! And hands down: there aren't any good reasons now to justify the "least" quality, every icon is amazing in its own way, well done!

But it has to be...

Very good ones, but s/th might have been done better:

#04 - a very clear and great cropped icon, but perhaps a bit plain for the last round (I know, lame reason, sorry!)
    #02 - Gosh, I really love this icon, only problem for me was to read the logo. Perhaps I just need new glasses or a darker blue for the writing would have also helped. Nevertheless: great work!

Best one:

#01 - I love all about it, the coloring, the mask, the slightly scratched look - supi! :)
    side note: I also love the idea of #3, very creative and it looks awesome, it was a close decision.

4. Joycie84

Joycie84 CSI Level One

Re: LIMS #5: Final Voting Now Open!!

This was very tough. I liked all icons.

Least:
    # 3: It's a bit to plain for the final round. I also think the icon is to dark.
    # 4: The letters cover to much of the icon. It takes your attention off the New York skyline.

Best:
    # 2: Nice colouring and perfectly balanced with the text. Also like the flag.

Good luck everyone :thumbsup:!!

5. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

This is tough and unfair but congrats to the 4 finalists.

LQ:

#2- The colouring and cropping is nice but I think it's a little bit plain for the final round to use a cap from the opening credits with no further elaboration than the colouring and cropping.
    #4- The colouring on the top fades a little.

BQ:

#3- It looks like the more original.

6. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Least:
    2 - The overall concept is great, but the title blends into the buildings.
    3 - I really like this one but the a needs some fixing, a little black and it would be great.

Best:
    4 - I really like the simplicity and the coloring.

Awesome job to everyone who made it to the finals. :)

7. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

They are all great, so this was such a difficult decision...

Least:

3. Like it's been said already, this seems a little simple for the final round, also the centre of the 'A' in 'Miami' seems to have been miscoloured.
    4. With the text positioned in the middle there seems to be a little too much sky at the top of the icon, it draws the attention from the city a little.

Best:

2. The colouring looks great, especially the flag in the corner and the Empire state building, they really stand out.

Well done to all the finalist, you all did a great job, it was very hard to choose. :)

8. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Ok I think I sould vote now so I dont forget :lol:

I hate the last round its so hard to chose :p
    Least:
    3. I love the idea but I think the amount of black makes it look to plain for a final round but I love the colouring of the glasses ;)
    1. The dust cloud at the bottom, in my opinion, draws your ateention to the corner too much but like someone else said...great scene :D

Best:
    4. I just adore how this icon seems to capture ny as a whole because of the simplicity of it and not just because of the birds eye view ;) Great work :D

9. CSISneaky

CSISneaky Police Officer

Anyone can vote in this right?

All four of these are fantastic icons, this is well tough....

Least

4: The text is the same colour as the background and kinda merges so you don't notice the city too well
    1: Like the idea of this, but the words are more sharper than the image and so distracts me from it

Best

2: I love the colouring, the way it's capped and the style, just love it :thumbsup:

10. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Alright, since voting has slowed down so much, I'll post the results tomorrow (friday). But if you know anyone that hasn't voted yet, please send them over.

11. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

Least:

2 - The font color is too close the the background color so it's hard to seperate the font from the picture. The flag is great though.

1 - I know the dust cloud is part of the picture, but it seems to kind of blur it.

Best:

4. - I like the city view, and the way the text is arranged on the photo.

12. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Top 2 of least quality
    3 - nice choice of pic, the cracked sunnies but the "negative" effect doesn't work with the bluish tinge
    2 - again the colouring is off, the flag infront is nice and stuarated with colour but the background isn't doesn't seem to compliment each other, the croppping is wrong, either have the flag or don't have it cropped in

Top 1 of best quality
    1 - nicely cropped and the choice of brush is brilliant

13. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

*bumps in*

LEAST
    01 - I love the scene but the whole icon it's a little bit too faded in my opinion
    02 - the icon is too dark & a little bit too plain.

BEST
    04 - Love the city view, the colouring and how the text is arranged oh the pic.

14. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

Boy this was hard. First off they are all amazing. Great work to you all.;)

Least:

#1 - It's a great icon but kind of grainy and in the lower right had corner of the pic a piece is missing, taking away from the shape.

#2 - Is gorgeous. But the white writing is off center and the coloring is just a little light.

Best:

#4 - I love the color. It's not overpowering to any part of the icon. The colors blend beautifully, all the way down to the writing.

But once again, great job to all of you:)

Last edited: May 23, 2008
  15. Miss_Undercover

Miss_Undercover Judge

Least:

2 - The icon is too monotonous. The contrast is missing because it's only blue and white. The color blue dominates too much. The detail with the flag is very well select.

1 - Beautiful motive however it's missing to sharpness and it's too dark. A little blurry.

Best:

4. - I like this because the motive of the city is great. The colors are excellent and to act naturally.

Last edited: May 23, 2008