LIMS #5: Final Results Now Up!

Re: LIMS #5: Challenge 7 ~ Faceless - Voting Open!!

I didn't know thre was this thread till Kat told me!

Anyway here's my votes:

Best:
4 - love the B&W with the little bit of colour
7 - good cropping anc colouring

least:
3 - cropped to much of warrick's face off
5 - the colouring made warrick blend too much into the background. if it was a different colour, it would've made a great icon!

Re: LIMS #5: Challenge 7 ~ Faceless

least -
04- Composition doesn't compliment the photo/colours.
05 - Font placement and style to me doesn't suit the picture.

Best -
03 - Colour, composition and texture, all amazing.
02- Colour, texture and framing all amazing, great job.!

I must say i felt bad for doing the "least" category... they are all great just you know.

Least:
06 - The colouring of Warrick's face and the background is too similar and blended. He doesn't stand out as much as a result.
03 - The crop is too severe; we just don't see enough of him.

Best:
04 - I love the B/W with the splash of colour. It's eye catching and the cropping is done well.
07 - I like the contrast between the green and Warrick. It makes him stand out and the crop is great too.

Gosh, I really don't want to vote, those icons are all fantastic!
Well, it has to be:

01 - the icon is a bit too dark, Warrick's face merges too much in the background.
03 - I love the background texture and the font you used, but Warrick's face is cropped a bit too much, that's distracting and taking away the focus from him.

Best:

02 - in my eyes this icon is perfect: cropping, coloring, text and background - everything fits. Great!
04 - I LOVE these combinations of light effects with black and white! Further more it's a different cropping from this picture and the tiny text brushes/texture fits perfectly.

Re: LIMS #5: Challenge 7 ~ Faceless - Voting Open!!

This is my first time voting here, hope I do it right:lol:

Least:
#3- it's been cropped to much

#5- I find the white in the name, draws you away from the icon itself

Best:
#4- I love the B/W effect, with the hint of color on his jacket, looks like the sun was shinning on part of jacket, it drew me to the icon.

#6- I love the coloring of his look, and eye in the coloring of the icon, it's the facial/background color of the icon, that brought out his eyes, you can see they are brown.

hope I did this right;)

Wowie!!!!! :eek: Look at all those votes! That makes things so much easier for me! Thanks so much everyone :D

LIMS #5: Round 7: Results

As always, time to say goodbye to two more participants:
Warrick06.gif
by nattybatty55
Warrick03.jpg
by Macayla
Sorry to see you go! Thanks so much for participating!

Voter's Choice award:
VotersChoice-2.jpg

Congrats! Great work :)
(Just a note: #2 and #4 tied in overall score, but #4 had more positive votes)

Mod's Choice award:
ModsChoice-2.jpg

Normally, I'd try not to give this to someone more than once, but I just absolutely fell in love with this icon! Fantastic work!

How did your icon do?
01: +2-11 = -9
02: +15
03: +3-13 = -10
04: +16-1 = +15
05: +1-6 = -5
06: +1-15 = -14
07: +10-2 = +8

Next round (Semi-finals) will be up soon!

Although i'll miss doing the LIMs challenge...I'm so glad that I got voted out lol. I even told Meg this when I sent in my icon- RL is getting real hectic! :( But thanks for running the challenge meg and you'll definatly see me next time :D For my first LIMs I never expected to get so far! ;)

Congrats to Kat and Living End :D

wow, now that was a crapload of votes :p

boy, i'm sorry to see the two of you go. although Macayla won, like, all of the previous LIMS rounds so i'm sure she'll survive the partying ;)

great job the rest of y'all! can't wait for the next challenge.

sorry to see you go nattybatty55 and Macayla, ypur icons were great and i hope you'll join in next round too!
and congrats to CSI_Kat and LivingEnd, your icons were amazing!!

I had a crop that showed more of the face like #2, but my friend and I thought that wasn't allowed because it said less than half the face... so I changed it, a little mis interpretation of the theme :rolleyes:

I'll survive. I had to leave next round anyway, because I'm going on vacation :p

congrats to CSI_Kat and LivingEnd, and goodluck everyone :)

Re: LIMS #5: Challenge 7 ~ Faceless - Results!!

I'm sorry to see you go nattybatty and Macayla, your icons were beautiful and I hope to see you around for the next LIMS!

Congrats Kat, your icon is awesome; and thanks for the mod's choice award DragonflyDreamer, I appreciate it! :)

Re: LIMS #5: Challenge 8

LIMS #5: Challenge 8: Goodbye

In this round, once again, all resources (except animation) will be allowed. Of course, there is a catch :p
Your icon must include some variation of the word Goodbye. It can be goodbye, farewell, so long, etc. As long as it has the same general meaning.

The Caps:
Of course, for the theme 'goodbye' to make any sense at all, it seems logical that our subject should be someone that we know is leaving. So, I give you Alexx Woods.

Remember, you must use these caps and ONLY these caps to make your icon. Caps courtesy of a variety of sources
Option 1
Option 2
Option 3
Option 4

Rules:
~ This is an anonymous challenge, so don't go posting your icon anywhere until this round is over.
~ Your icon must not exceed 100x100px. It should be in .jpg, .png or .gif format.
~ No animations will be permitted.
~ Submit your icon by sending me (DragonflyDreamer) a PM with the subject line LIMS Round 8 or similar.
~ You may submit only ONE icon
* As this is the second-last round, I will no longer be accepting free passes. If you absolutely cannot make the deadline, please let me know and we'll try to work something out. I'd hate for some to have to leave this close to the end.
~ The deadline for submissions will be Wednesday May 7th. If I receive all entries before then, voting will go up early ;)

Sorry to see you go Nat and Macalya! Great icons! Thanks for all the votes! I can't believe I am still in this! Congrats to LivingEnd!

Just a quick reminder that entries are due on Wednesday ;) Don't forget!

Here we go again! I'd love to get as many votes as we did last time ;)

Voting Rules:
~ Absolutely anyone may vote!
~ Vote for the Top 2 of least quality, and the Top 1 of best quality.
~ Votes for least quality Must have a reason, or they will not be counted. Reasons for best quality are strongly encouraged ;)

(the following examples may have been "borrowed" from other sources)

Good Examples:
34: Text is oddly placed
50: Icon is over sharpened
62: Image is too blurry

Poor Examples:
96: I don't like the colour (personal preference)
52: Tiny text/decorative brushes are unreadable (it's supposed to be that way)

Alexx01.png
Alexx02.jpg
Alexx03.jpg

Alexx04.jpg
Alexx05.png
Alexx06.jpg

If your icon is missing, PM me right away!

Last edited:
Back