LIMS #5: Final Results Now Up!

Re: LIMS #5: Challenge 6 ~ Black and White - Voting Open!

I'd like to close voting on tuesday, so if you could vote before then, that would be great *hinthint* ;)

Least quality

2 - text is too big for Danny
5 - this just seems too busy...too much going on with it

best quality
6 - overall very creative
1 - very nice simple icon

Least:
5- the placement of danny's hand is a little out of place and sort of overcrowds the icon, and its a bit oversharpened.
2-i really love the idea, and the background is great, but danny's is quite dark compared to the rest of the icon, had he been lightened a little i think it would have been perfect.

Best:
6-absolutely gorgeous, the border works really well and is a nice contrast to the brushes/textures you used.
1-i love the crop and i think the lighting and contrast you did is awesome and the font fits perfectly.

Re: LIMS #5: Challenge 6 ~ Black and White - Results

LIMS #5: Round 6: Results

Lack of votes is getting to be a problem...

We have to say goodbye to two more, but it's necessary to make this work, so:
Danny02.png
by liten
Danny05.png
by CalleighD

Thanks for playing, ladies. Hope to see you back here!

Voter's Choice award:
VotersChoice-1.jpg

Beautiful work. Well done!

Mod's Choice award:
ModsChoice-1.jpg

You managed to make a shiny icon without using colour. Overall very nice effects. Great work!

How did your icon do?
01: +3
02: -6
03: +1
04: +2-4 = -2
05: +2-6 = -4
06: +8

Re: LIMS #5: Challenge 7 ~ Faceless

Okay, before we get to the next round, just a few things I have to say...

First: I want to apologize if it seems like I'm rushing things. This isn't intentional. I'm busy with real life right now, and I'm trying to work this around that. Right now, the only way I can do this is to post the new round right away, and leave the voting open while I'm on vacation. So again, sorry if you're feeling rushed.

Second: I also want to apologize if I'm making this too hard :lol: This also isn't intentional. I'm just trying to find fun/creative/different challenges for you. I can guarantee that some rounds will be harder than others, and that people won't necessarily agree on which is which :p So just hang tough :)

Third: Votes! This does not work without votes, and I'm extremely close to making a rule that says if your participating you have to vote. Don't make me make it official *makes puppy eyes*. People who aren't participating are encouraged to vote as well. I know it can be tough, really I do, but it's necessary.

***Lastly: There are three rounds left, including this one. Almost done! Therefore, I have decided that this will be the last round you will be allowed to use your skips!

Well, that went on longer than I meant it to :lol: Let's get on with the challenge, shall we?

LIMS #5: Challenge 7: Faceless

The good news is, all tools/resources/etc are allowed (with the exception of animation, of course).
What this round is all about is cropping. Your icon cannot contain the entire face of the character. It must be less than half of the face! So get creative with your cropping :devil:

The Caps:
I originally intended Nick or Greg for this round, but given the recent thread in the news forum, I thought we'd go with Warrick instead.

Remember, you must use these caps and ONLY these caps to make your icon. Caps courtesy of a variety of sources
Option 1
Option 2
Option 3
Option 4

Rules:
~ This is an anonymous challenge, so don't go posting your icon anywhere until this round is over.
~ Your icon must not exceed 100x100px. It should be in .jpg, .png or .gif format.
~ No animations will be permitted.
~ Submit your icon by sending me (DragonflyDreamer) a PM with the subject line LIMS Round 7 or similar.
~ You may submit only ONE icon
~ If you wish to use your free pass for this round, you MUST send me a PM to let me know. Otherwise it won't count, and you will be disqualified.
~ The deadline for submissions will be Monday, April 21. No extensions will be given.

Ooh, almost forgot, if you want some examples of "faceless" icons, let me know. I'm sure I have some floating around somewhere.

before i forget o say it, sorry to see you both go liten and CalleighD and i hope you join in the next lims too!
and congrats to Macayla! your icon was absolutely gorgeous!
and thanks so much for mods choice DragonflyDreamer!

Remember, icons are due tomorrow, and I've only heard from 2 people!

Just got mine in! This was a tough one! Sorry to see you both go - liten and CalleighD. Congrats Macayla and fo_poozle!

:lol: Wow! I got the last four entries within minutes of each other.

And since I have them all now, we may as well go ahead and put them up :)

LIMS 5 Round 7 Voting
One participant is using her free pass this round.

Voting Rules:
~ Absolutely anyone may vote!
~ Vote for the Top 2 of least quality, and the Top 2 of best quality.
~ Votes for least quality Must have a reason, or they will not be counted. Reasons for best quality are strongly encouraged

(the following examples may have been "borrowed" from other sources)

Good Examples:
34: Text is oddly placed
50: Icon is over sharpened
62: Image is too blurry

Poor Examples:
96: I don't like the colour (personal preference)
52: Tiny text/decorative brushes are unreadable (it's supposed to be that way)

Warrick01.jpg
Warrick02.png
Warrick03.jpg
Warrick04.jpg

Warrick05.jpg
Warrick06.gif
Warrick07.jpg

As always, let me know if there are any problems.
Good luck!

Oh, and voting will remain open until Wednesday, April 30

Least:
3 - Very adventurous, but the crop was too severe and loses a lot of the subject. Also it's hard to read the text in the background.
6 - While the coloring is very nice, it's too matching with the tones in Warrick's face. There isn't much different between him and the background.

Best:
4 - I really like the simplicity and the small burst of color. Very well put together.
7 - The green works well and off sets Warrick from the background very well.

least
5 -adventurous crop, but the cap is a bit pixely (totally made that word up) like it has been over sharpened.
3I really like the coloring, but there isn't enough of Warrick's body to balance out the lack of face.

best

4 love the grayscale with the little Splash of color. good contrast and lighting adjustments.

2. good crop. awesome coloring.

Re: LIMS #5: Challenge 7 ~ Faceless - Voting Open!!

Tough one !!! But, I guess, DragonflyDreamer needs votes.

LQ:

6- Warrick's face colouring melts with the background.
1- The texture used maybe it's not the best choice.

BQ:

2- Nice colouring and cropping.
7- Good cropping.

Re: LIMS #5: Challenge 7 ~ Faceless - Voting Open!!

Least:
06 - It melts to much with the background.
01 - Too dark, the texture draws to much attention

Best:
02 - Good crop and coloring
07 - Nice coloring

Back